IGNORED

T20 World Cup

Lanterne Rouge

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Talk of dropping Stokes is crazy. Great bowling option 

Edit: didn’t see your post @Fordy62 he’s a must pick for me. Need bowling options

Think your overselling him

juat over .5 wicket per game at avg of 32

Econ 8.5

Hes an option and a great all round cricketer - a no brainier pick ? Not as sure as you

Needs to deliver with the bat today

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Think your overselling him

juat over .5 wicket per game at avg of 32

Econ 8.5

Hes an option and a great all round cricketer - a no brainier pick ? Not as sure as you

Needs to deliver with the bat today

I can’t think who I’d have in ahead of him who offers the same all round abilities with ball, ball and in the field. He’s a game changer.  No brainer for me as there’s nobody else to replace him.  Buttler and Morgan clearly agree as he always plays even when not fully fit 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I can’t think who I’d have in ahead of him who offers the same all round abilities with ball, ball and in the field. He’s a game changer.  No brainer for me as there’s nobody else to replace him.  Buttler and Morgan clearly agree as he always plays even when not fully fit 

Yes he does have that knack of big moments , depends on how many bowling options you want and Jo’s seems to like as many as poss

batting wise , I keep hearing he can ‘hit a big ball’ and of course he can , but his best work with the bat are when he’s built a base - (Put him in at 3 here and tell him to build)

But for all his power I don’t think he’s an elite bat in this format

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes he does have that knack of big moments , depends on how many bowling options you want and Jo’s seems to like as many as poss

batting wise , I keep hearing he can ‘hit a big ball’ and of course he can , but his best work with the bat are when he’s built a base - (Put him in at 3 here and tell him to build)

But for all his power I don’t think he’s an elite bat in this format

I agree he isn’t elite. 

Just now, TomF said:

It’s a tricky one because you know he’ll have a magical moment with the ball or bat. A proper maverick but yeah is he a luxury? I’m not sure who could replace him who’s superb in field, can bowl and potentially hit some fast runs.   Tom Abell perhaps ?

And then of course , someone has to tell him he’s not in !

On a different note , what a great job Sam Curran is doing and has become, probably much more than most of us would have predicted a couple of years back 

Clearly works very hard at his skills with ball and bat , and a street warrior

Playing devils advocate , :laugh: , I know it’s not either or but 

Stokes or Curran if you could only pick one for a semi final !

?

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Playing devils advocate , :laugh: , I know it’s not either or but 

Stokes or Curran if you could only pick one for a semi final !

?

Probably the least difficult question ever. I find it remarkable that I’m saying it but I think Curran is probably second name on your team sheet at the moment. Stokes probably last. 

all over. Well done England. I bet those early Aussie hard ons have gone a bit soft. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Probably the least difficult question ever. I find it remarkable that I’m saying it but I think Curran is probably second name on your team sheet at the moment. Stokes probably last. 

all over. Well done England. I bet those early Aussie hard ons have gone a bit soft. 

I’d be hugely surprised if Stokes is Buttler’s last name on his team sheet. One of the first I’d say. Plays when only 50% fit 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Curran came to Trinity school last year with his brother and Dom Sibley. Lovely guy spending a lot of time with the cricket ACE programme kids talking to them about skills he uses.  

Thats nice to hear because I’d formed an irrational dislike of him I think based upon what I considered him being given favourable treatment over the years and him playing for Surrey. He’s certainly in good Nick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Thats nice to hear because I’d formed an irrational dislike of him I think based upon what I considered him being given favourable treatment over the years and him playing for Surrey. He’s certainly in good Nick. 

Ignoring the Surrey taint , and some of his brothers antics when he was younger

For me he epitomises a true professional sportsman - constantly works and thinks incredibly hard at his game , always in good shape , always ready to put his hand up

its the focus to make the most of any talent , and constantly working on , and trying to improve your game that puts him into true professional  for me (All Sports)