IGNORED

Sack or keep Nigel Pearson

Sturny

Let’s have a vote then ?️   

853 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I wouldn’t even vote. The damage is already too much from previous running of the club under Ashton.

If Pearson went. Who would actually improve things with 0 budget to play with? I don’t think there is one.

It’s honestly mental, people like you will let him get away with anything. It’s been an absolute shitshow. 
He is getting nothing near close to watch this squad is capable of. Far too quick to give him an easy ride. He has made absolute zero improvement on the pitch and funnily enough that’s his job. 

Should have gone over a year ago. Enough is fully enough now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I'm probably more frustrated with Euell and Flemming than I am with Pearson.

At least Pearson holds responsibility for some off-field matters too, and seems to have made progress with them. By comparison, the coaches have seemingly offered little to nothing.

I’m not saying I want Euell. I’ve just got to the point now where I’d rather see him than Pearson in charge. Obviously we need someone better. 

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Sack.

Refusing to change formation. Playing players out of position. Not playing players he signs.

Defensively we show zero improvement week in week out.

Really woeful imo. 

This is the real worry for me. The shape of the team is all over the place at the moment and he's not willing to change formation to suit the players we have available. Also, as much as the players have been poor he seems too stubborn to acknowledge he's also making mistakes.

Still keep for me but only just, if the next couple of games dont go our way I think he's gone.

• Like 1

Got to go. Players look clueless as to what they’re doing and Pearson doesn’t look like he has any idea how to change things. Players hiding behind the opposition to dodge getting the ball. Pathetic. Got one midfielder who passes the ball forward and he’s been exiled to the under 23s for no real reason.

No idea why he perseveres with 3-5-2. Been using it for 3 years and been awful for 3 years. Need someone new to come in and bring some new ideas.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Bs4Red said:

It’s honestly mental, people like you will let him get away with anything. It’s been an absolute shitshow. 
He is getting nothing near close to watch this squad is capable of. Far too quick to give him an easy ride. He has made absolute zero improvement on the pitch and funnily enough that’s his job. 

Should have gone over a year ago. Enough is fully enough now. 

People like me? Who actually understand where the fault is and where it started? Is Pearson to blame for everything? No. Has he made mistakes and deserves to burden some of the blame? Yes.

What is this squad capable of? Because I’ve heard this tune for about 4 years and we’ve got nowhere. Because this squad is simply not good enough. 

This is all de ja vu from the Millen, Mcinnes era rtc. We’ve been here before and made the same mistakes.

Reality is. It’s going to be a miracle to remain  in this division until we clear FFP and can start making actual decent investments and not make the same mistakes when backing Johnson. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

Just now, Negan said:

I’m not saying I want Euell. I’ve just got to the point now where I’d rather see him than Pearson in charge. Obviously we need someone better. 

Fair enough mate. But, no matter how bad things get, lets not go for bloody Euell.

I imagine there were people saying "I'm so sick of LJ, let's give Holden a go - it can't be any worse". Alas, it was much worse.....

• Like 1

Appreciate the difficult conditions he’s worked under but the club comes first, and we are at greater risk of relegation than last season. Time for a change.

Also - we’re not the harrowing pond life prospect some on here think we are, many managers would be very happy to be employed here - even with some money constraints. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I want to say sack but until the summer whoever would have taken the job would have been forced into a shit situation. Too many players on high wages but not worth them. 

We're just approaching the first of two transfer windows that will make our break us. 

Pearson has been tied down to what we already have, he's not been able to do much in the way of transfers and he's been unable to shift the overpaid. 

If we sack Pearson tomorrow we're bringing in a new manager who won't have time to assess the changes needed. I feel if we were to let Pearson go out should have been months ago and now we need to let him have the January window and see what he can do if players are let go. 

The other issue is that sacking him will cost us money and make FFP harder again, maybe even tip us over. We may be in a situation where we can't sack him without making it worse for ourselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Coach said:

People like me? Who actually understand where the fault is and where it started? Is Pearson to blame for everything? No. Has he made mistakes and deserves to burden some of the blame? Yes.

What is this squad capable of? Because I’ve heard this tune for about 4 years and we’ve got nowhere. Because this squad is simply not good enough. 

This is all de ja vu from the Millen, Mcinnes era rtc. We’ve been here before and made the same mistakes.

Reality is. It’s going to be a miracle to remain  in this division until we clear FFP and can start making actual decent investments and not make the same mistakes when backing Johnson. 

Ridiculous statement, we got a front 3 with loads of goals. He’s literally invested in his own defence and now doesn’t fancy them. 

The bloke gets a free ride because he’s cut the budget. What a hero give him keys to the city. 

We are in no better position on the field now than we were under Holden. 

Why can’t we defend set pieces? Why do we constantly concede such pathetic goals? 

You’re going to tell me that’s FFP fault too. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

30 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I wouldn’t even vote. The damage is already too much from previous running of the club under Ashton.

If Pearson went. Who would actually improve things with 0 budget to play with? I don’t think there is one.

Someone with some sort of tactical nouse who can send the team out with some sort of game plan, would help. 

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Would another manager get more from this group? It’s a simple question. If you think yes then sack is needed. If you think no then keep. 

It’s a easy answer and it’s no,that’s before the pay off we would give big Nige and then the payment you would need to get the man you want,unless you went for a man who is out of work of course 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Ridiculous statement, we got a front 3 with loads of goals. He’s literally invested in his own defence and now doesn’t fancy them. 

The bloke gets a free ride because he’s cut the budget. What a hero give him keys to the city. 

Why can’t we defend set pieces? Why do we constantly concede such pathetic goals? 

As frustrating/poor as we can be at times, we're still significantly better on the pitch than we were under Holden.

Admittedly, that's more of an indictment of Holden than it is a compliment of Pearson, but let's not forget just how bad we were during that period.....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

As frustrating/poor as we can be at times, we're still significantly better on the pitch than we were under Holden.

Admittedly, that's more of an indictment of Holden than it is a compliment of Pearson, but let's not forget just how bad we were during that period.....

Are we?

Holden was sacked with a 1.44 points per game record. Pearson is currently on 1.09, which is only 0.04 higher than O’Driscoll and 0.06 higher than Mcinnes. If anything, Holden was an improvement on what we’re seeing currently

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Coach said:

This is the reality of the situation we are. 

Not even Pep or Klopp could produce much more. 

Until we actually have a budget to work with, this is how it is for the foreseeable. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Coach said:

WBA changed their manager and with the same players turned it round. It can be done. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Because we don’t have the money to improve on what is a poor defence and midfield built on free signings. It’s really not hard to see.

I don’t mind if Pearson goes. But if you think the grass is greener and we’re going to suddenly start becoming a top 10 side without investment. You’re in for a shock. 

Just now, aa_bcfc said:

WBA changed their manager and with the same players turned it round. It can be done. 

Better squad of players for a start. Same way Forest had prior to Cooper.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Are we?

Holden was sacked with a 1.44 points per game record. Pearson is currently on 1.09, which is only 0.04 higher than O’Driscoll and 0.06 higher than Mcinnes. If anything, Holden was an improvement on what we’re seeing currently

Holden was sacked before his number could balance out and it would have. 

All this stat does is prove that the issues are not with the manager but a lot deeper. That's a lot of different managers and the only connection is the club itself. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is the reality of the situation we are. 

Not even Pep or Klopp could produce much more. 

Until we actually have a budget to work with, this is how it is for the foreseeable. 

You genuinely think no other manager could get better performances out of that side? The football was atrocious and you can see there’s no confidence in the side. It’s not about transfers it’s about coaching, there’s no organisation at the back and we look clueless going forward. It’s not a lack of quality it’s a lack of coaching.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, JBFC II said:

Are we?

I don't agree. Holden's PPG may be better, but that's due to a few (possibly flukey) wins at the start of his reign, and the fact that we were fairly quick to get rid of him when he was, IMO, leading us to relegation.

At the end of that season under Holden, we had the worst xG in the league, worst xG against in the league, and we smashed the record for least shots in the Championship season. Performance wise, we were the worst team in the league - bar none. We were awful at everything.

Granted, we've not been amazing under Pearson, but we've been better. We've not been the worst team in the league. There have been some positives (e.g. our attack has been fairly good). We've generally been competitive. in games. Pearson has been a clear improvement on Holden.

21 minutes ago, The Coach said:

If you sell all the family silver (like Ashton & SL did), in the end you are left with peanuts.

• Like 2

If Pearson goes don’t be surprised to see a promotion from within the ranks. Fleming, King…

Where’s the money coming from to bring in any new blood? 
I think NP will get his window and hopefully press on with a more focused squad. Too many players out of form at the moment , I can’t believe it’s just a coincidence.