IGNORED

Sack or keep Nigel Pearson

Sturny

Let’s have a vote then ?️   

853 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

It’s honestly mental, people like you will let him get away with anything. It’s been an absolute shitshow. 
He is getting nothing near close to watch this squad is capable of. Far too quick to give him an easy ride. He has made absolute zero improvement on the pitch and funnily enough that’s his job. 

Should have gone over a year ago. Enough is fully enough now. 

Who is consistently good in this squad? Nobody I can think of, the squad is bang average at best having said that I agree Pearson's time is up but whoever takes over needs to have some money to  change the personnel as much as possible because this lot are simply not good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Holden was sacked before his number could balance out and it would have. 

All this stat does is prove that the issues are not with the manager but a lot deeper. That's a lot of different managers and the only connection is the club itself. 

Perhaps, but the number is still higher and certainly doesn’t point to things being a lot worse under Holden. 

Ultimately, Holden was relieved of his duties at the right time, and unless Pearson can start winning a few games it’s going to get to the point where he will have to be as well

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

You genuinely think no other manager could get better performances out of that side? The football was atrocious and you can see there’s no confidence in the side. It’s not about transfers it’s about coaching, there’s no organisation at the back and we look clueless going forward. It’s not a lack of quality it’s a lack of coaching.

That is of course your opinion. 

Maybe a new manager would bring a short term uplift in performances and results. But that's about it. 

Even the best coaches in the world can not turn average players into great players. 

First half today we played quite well. 2nd half we were bad. 

• Like 2

I respect the work Pearson has done to lower the wage bill in a big way, some of the attacking football we have played (at times!) under is tenure, and the emphasis he has placed on giving youth a chance.

But, imo he hasn’t done enough to improve the players we have or make the current squad better individually and as a team. He has constantly reminded us of the lack of money available but the biggest part of his job is to coach and prepare the team tactically to win football matches. I don’t think this is his strength. I also find the public lambasting of his signings strange on a number of levels.

Within our current financial restrictions I strongly feel we need a Head Coach/ Manager who can work with the group he’s given to maximise their potential. An older school manager is not the skill set we currently require.

For that reason, I’m Pearson out. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I don't agree. Holden's PPG may be better, but that's due to a few (possibly flukey) wins at the start of his reign, and the fact that we were fairly quick to get rid of him when he was, IMO, leading us to relegation.

At the end of that season under Holden, we had the worst xG in the league, worst xG against in the league, and we smashed the record for least shots in the Championship season. Performance wise, we were the worst team in the league - bar none. We were awful at everything.

Granted, we've not been amazing under Pearson, but we've been better. We've not been the worst team in the league. There have been some positives (e.g. our attack has been fairly good). We've generally been competitive. in games. Pearson has been a clear improvement on Holden.

Has he though?

Considering the fanfare he brought with him, the experience he has and the contacts he has in the game, we are no better off than we were when Holden left. 

Pearson will presumably get the January window to improve things but tactically, considering the calibre of manager, there’s no ‘clear improvement’ that I can see on the pitch

6 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Because we don’t have the money to improve on what is a poor defence and midfield built on free signings. It’s really not hard to see.

I don’t mind if Pearson goes. But if you think the grass is greener and we’re going to suddenly start becoming a top 10 side without investment. You’re in for a shock. 

Better squad of players for a start. Same way Forest had prior to Cooper.

I don’t think we will be a top 10 team but someone who can get us playing and not 1 in 4 games. 

He literally invested in the defence. Why are you saying free transfers when it wasn’t? 

12 minutes ago, The Coach said:

People like me? Who actually understand where the fault is and where it started? Is Pearson to blame for everything? No. Has he made mistakes and deserves to burden some of the blame? Yes.

What is this squad capable of? Because I’ve heard this tune for about 4 years and we’ve got nowhere. Because this squad is simply not good enough. 

This is all de ja vu from the Millen, Mcinnes era rtc. We’ve been here before and made the same mistakes.

Reality is. It’s going to be a miracle to remain  in this division until we clear FFP and can start making actual decent investments and not make the same mistakes when backing Johnson. 

I understand your rhetoric and I agree to a lot of it.

However...NP has said this season, that this squad is capable of being near/in the play off positions. 

If he thinks that, then who is at fault? 

Why aren't they playing to the ability that NP believes they are capable of? 

Is it the players, the manager, the coaching, the tactics, injuries, players chosen to play etc etc...or a combination of everything?

Getting rid of NP right now is probably the worst time of the season. 

Deals for January are already probably lined up.

Bringing in anyone new now would probably scupper all of that. Plus Gould is leaving at the end of January. We don't know if the club has a replacement yet.

There are so many scenarios to think about outside of just replacing NP. 

However...we are in a relegation battle right now. 

And we are likely to be in the bottom 3 by Mid January. 

• Like 1

I agree that things are very bad at the moment and Pearson gives no sign of them getting better any time soon. The problem is that anyone brought in now would still be stuck with the same problems and it would be a huge gamble that they would achieve any more given the FFP restrictions etc. I hate to say it but it’s a “keep” for me and then we just have to see where we are come May. Not what many want to hear but I have feeling that will be SL’s logic as well.

22 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

It was always going to be a struggle for us this season. Our hands are tied. Sacking the manager will only serve to destabilise the club even further. 

It’s going to take 2-3 years to sort out the Ashton / Johnson mess. 

It's already been 2-3 years FFS!! You want another 2-3? And in the meantime...?

Every other club has to deal with financial messes left by previous managers/administrations. 

Where else, staring relegation in the face, is no action taken just because it's all the fault of someone who left 3 years ago?
Nowhere else gives the next manager 5-6 years to sort it out. 

And pretty much all of them are above us in the league right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That is of course your opinion. 

Maybe a new manager would bring a short term uplift in performances and results. But that's about it. 

Even the best coaches in the world can not turn average players into great players. 

First half today we played quite well. 2nd half we were bad. 

Average championship players they are, but we must watch different matches if you think that no manager could get that squad any more than 2 points off the relegation zone. I’m not expecting miracles, top half would be a good finish, but we should not be looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone.

Can you identify how we’re trying to play? Any areas of improvement over the course of the season? We’re regressing and Pearson is making increasingly odd decisions in regards to team selection and keeps falling out with players. This isn’t sustainable if we want to stay in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I don’t think we will be a top 10 team but someone who can get us playing and not 1 in 4 games. 

He literally invested in the defence. Why are you saying free transfers when it wasn’t? 

Reference to midfield as free signings. Even if you look at our defense. Only Atkinson has been a real investment in defence. And that’s been handled poorly admittedly 

47 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Sack him and get LJ back 

I'd not return to the club for a while if that happened. He is one of the reasons we are in this position, with ffp from his signings. Also his tenure for as much as there were highs, the lows were really bad

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I understand your rhetoric and I agree to a lot of it.

However...NP has said this season, that this squad is capable of being near/in the play off positions. 

If he thinks that, then who is at fault? 

Why aren't they playing to the ability that NP believes they are capable of? 

Is it the players, the manager, the coaching, the tactics, injuries, players chosen to play etc etc...or a combination of everything?

Getting rid of NP right now is probably the worst time of the season. 

Deals for January are already probably lined up.

Bringing in anyone new now would probably scupper all of that. Plus Gould is leaving at the end of January. We don't know if the club has a replacement yet.

There are so many scenarios to think about outside of just replacing NP. 

However...we are in a relegation battle right now. 

And we are likely to be in the bottom 3 by Mid January. 

I thought that was a big statement from NP and one I didn’t agree with. He’s shot himself in the foot there and it’s come back to haunt him. 

We really are in the midst with everything at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I think im in the sack camp now.

Weve got players capabale of playing better than they are - we’ve seen it earlier in the season, Norwich away for example and her were still making mistakes and lacking any consistency. Pearson has to take responsibility for that ultimately.

Ive no idea who we replace with, I said at the time of sacking LJ be careful what you wish for, I’d only back it dependent on who comes in. That’s even more important now

I have voted keep as I think the timing is wrong due to Richard Gould’s departure and the risk of a leadership void at the club.

I don’t think Pearson is getting the best out the players though and I hope the new CEO arrives soon, very quickly identifies a strategy and makes a quick decision on whether Pearson can be part of it.  I also think someone in the leadership team needs to press Pearson hard on why he keeps signing players he does not trust to use.

• Like 4

I voted keep, but to be honest I’m now at the point where I wouldn’t be bothered if he was sacked and I do watch us play and think that maybe some fresh ideas may be a good idea. If I’m honest bringing on ******* Sykes and Tanner 1-0 down at home may also be clouding my judgement currently.

Good luck to all the people that think he’s the biggest issue at that club and sacking him will suddenly turn us into a good team though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I do,players are only worth what people are willing to pay,I know some on here are hoping for 10-15 million but that is pie in the sky 

I agree clubs may not pay more than £4 million for either on current form but I would not accept it in either case. So it just does not make sense to sell either right now. We have to hope Semenyo rediscovers his form in time for us to cash in with a year to go if we trigger his option in the summer.