IGNORED

Sack or keep Nigel Pearson

Sturny

Let’s have a vote then ?️   

853 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

True but I don’t think we will go down. We should be a lot better and it will be closer than it should be but I think we will stay up, even if I am unsure which manager we will stay up under. 

But, for all we talk up Scott and Semenyo, neither influences games as much as they would need to command big fees.

If Scott or Semenyo didn’t play for us then a lot on here would have different views on their value,if we were thinking of spending 5 million on a player like semenyo with his goal record then there would be bloody uproar on here 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The post-match interview does not make for good listening.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Can’t believe he was almost about to blame the crowd 

Yea I’m amazed they published that. I don’t think the paying supporters are to blame somehow. And bloody hell, we’ve been loyal through some dross this past few years.

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Didn't Gould say that players wages had decreased on average across the Championship by a third since COVID, or something similar to that? With that in mind would transfer fees be similarly affected? I don't think there is as much money as there was at our level and below.

Look at similar player sales since though? Scott would be a premier league investment, and those teams have bags 

7 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Yeah part way through the first half Naismith having a go at the Lansdown after numerous sideways / backwards passes attracted criticism.

I can understand Naismith’s frustration. No movement up top and a terrible performing midfield three who had no interest in showing for the ball. However he’s gotta be more professional than that tbh. Yeah, some fans are effing clueless but you’re on £45K per month so ******* ignore them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea I’m amazed they published that. I don’t think the paying supporters are to blame somehow. And bloody hell, we’ve been loyal through some dross this past few years.

Two way street.

If players were to give the supporters a bit of hope, show some bottle, and if the manager didn't keep shoe horning players in, just to get them on the pitch, then the supporters would show backing. This support base have been remarkably patient imo, the players and manager have got off very lightly.

Once a manager starts on the support base, its the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Two way street.

If players were to give the supporters a bit of hope, show some bottle, and if the manager didn't keep shoe horning players in, just to get them on the pitch, then the supporters would show backing. This support base have been remarkably patient imo, the players and manager have got off very lightly.

Once a manager starts on the support base, its the beginning of the end.

If the Lansdowns want to act, he’s loaded the gun for them I feel.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I completely agree, no one expected anything from them before today.

Been in a battle with the rest of the bottom six for a while, nothing that happened today changed that.

Question for me is do we think someone else we could realistically attract (so not effing Wilder) get more from the squad.

If there is change, it would be given to Jason Euell imo. Then a long term manager considered at a later date. 

The worrying thing is, NP just said in his post match interview, that he thought the players couldn't have given anymore. 

There's a lot of things I like that NP has brought to the club, that long term we should benefit from... But that philosophy of hard work from everyone has to be overseen by someone for it to continue. Otherwise it could easily slip back to being a soft cost club. 

Personally I think we could grind out results if we set up differently. I've said that for a long time. Another coach might see it as well, and be able to utilise the players we have in a better fashion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

I respect the work Pearson has done to lower the wage bill in a big way, some of the attacking football we have played (at times!) under is tenure, and the emphasis he has placed on giving youth a chance.

But, imo he hasn’t done enough to improve the players we have or make the current squad better individually and as a team. He has constantly reminded us of the lack of money available but the biggest part of his job is to coach and prepare the team tactically to win football matches. I don’t think this is his strength. I also find the public lambasting of his signings strange on a number of levels.

Within our current financial restrictions I strongly feel we need a Head Coach/ Manager who can work with the group he’s given to maximise their potential. An older school manager is not the skill set we currently require.

For that reason, I’m Pearson out. 

Agreed, over the last few years, we have sold all the decent players AND lowered the wage bill. Then you wonder why this club is being relegated. FFS! Some on here need to wake up and get real.
The blame is on SL - no one else.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Look at similar player sales since though? Scott would be a premier league investment, and those teams have bags 

Would a Man City sign him when they have players better than him already at their youth level,could see a palace or Everton maybe but they are not paying the 20+ you are expecting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

That's the issue though, managers being given crap situations and told they come in aware of that with a plan to turn it around but get sacked before they get to the point where they can actually act on their plans. I still believe that Pearson plan is to make it to the summer where he can actually rebuild us with a lot of players going out freeing up the finances to make those changes. 

The issue is that fans get resless because we're underperforming but we're probably underperforming because so many players haven't been offered the contracts they were hoping for. I think that's where Pearson has lost the dressing room, having 7 players offered new contracts on less wages and 3 players basically being told "you're out". It doesn't matter who comes in that's the situation and although it's not been created by Pearson or his future replacement it has been created by the poor way the club was being run and the players know that. 

I think we'll see a lot of players leave come the summer, the difference will be in who will be replacing them, Pearson who had been here long enough to know where we are struggling and what he's wanted from day 1 or a new guy who will only have had a short amount of months to fully assess everything and he'll need to have made a shortlist of players that he can get for next to nothing. 

Pearson is agreed to the job, he's in it for the long run, if he's sacked then the new guy will know he'll be losing key players, know that we've got a large number of players running out of contract and knowing he needs to potentially sign 6-7 players with no money. Who in their right mind would look at a club who's never been Premier League with all those issues and go "yeah, that's the job I want, along with whatever other debts get added when Pearson leaves"?

I think as it stands January is where we will see if Pearson can get a few deals done to help the squad out which could potentially get us through this season without being relegated but regardless whoever takes over is going to inherit at least 5-7 disgruntled players who may not have a future with us regardless of what he does. 

Agreed, probably get relegated. Get rid of this shower of shite, hopefully rebuild and go again.
But Div 1 is a tough Div to get out off. Personally after all the mistakes, the whole structure of the club needs to change. It just ain’t working under Lansdown. 

• Like 1

Of shite from top to bottom. 

This club is blessed with an owner who appears doesn't want to know, passes the back to his useless son.

A manager whose fault is never his despite playing players out of position every game, falls out with players on a regular basis and employes coaching staff who appear as clueless as he is.

A keeper who can't keep, a defence who can't defend, a midfield lacking in everything needed in the modern game and an attack starved of service.

An absolutely pathetic showing (yet again) Pearson please go because this club is going backwards under you despite all the happy clappers telling us of progress.

23000 today! Hahahaha

• Like 1

Today,I finally lost  patience.  I think the Pearson experiment has run its course.

He is too stubborn. Too inflexible. Too egotistical.  

Poor judgement. Poor motivation skills - why are we nearly always worse second half? Stupidly ignoring the loan option unlike other managers.

His so-called commonsense and honesty is no more than a blame everyone else strategy, combined with a number of clichés. Different clichés to LJ's, but pretty meaningless clichés nonetheless.  

Maybe he's lost it with age, or Long Covid, or maybe his past successes were achieved with the help of coaches no longer available to him.

Nigel faces a lot of constraints; inherited a car-crash of a club.

But he's not the only Championship manager poorly resourced. He didn't inherit the worst squad by any means. He is at a club starting to develop some real young talent. City aren't the only club with fairly useless owners.

Yet others do better. Others might do better here.

He's had long enough. We aren't improving. Time to go.

It's a roll of the dice. We might get worse. But I honestly think under Pearson we won't get better. We'll play better games than today.But I don't think we'll improve long-term.

And we haven't got much further to fall before we are in the third tier morass again. 

• Like 8

For everyone saying get rid after losing to a side that will probably finish in the top six, ask yourselves — on more than 20 years of evidence — do you genuinely trust the Lansdowns to appoint someone who can improve the situation under the current restraints? I sure as hell don’t. 

Yes, today was shit. Yes, we will probably lose at Millwall and to Coventry. But I think we’re better than Rotherham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Blackpool and will stay up by the skin of our teeth if we keep him. If we get rid, I think relegation is nailed on and his successor will have even less money to turn it around (barring a major sale). 

We’re damned if we do, damned if we don’t. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Today,I finally lost  patience.  I think the Pearson experiment has run its course.

Maybe he's lost it with age, or Long Covid, or maybe his past successes were achieved with the help of coaches no longer available to him.

I have said this before a few times, he's never done much without Craig Shakespeare.

My thoughts have been to get behind him but I've lost faith now.

Again another manager who's tactics and substitutes I just don't agree with.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thatchersgold said:

Out of interest the those in the keep Pearson camp can I ask the opinions of y? 

Don't ask questions like that you'll be told your a gas head, not a true fan, anything you do like, why don't you do one.... He is the Messiah as we should all know and agree!

13 minutes ago, tin said:

For everyone saying get rid after losing to a side that will probably finish in the top six, ask yourselves — on more than 20 years of evidence — do you genuinely trust the Lansdowns to appoint someone who can improve the situation under the current restraints? I sure as hell don't. 

Based on a lot more than one match.

Based on the overall trajectory of 90+ games, squad members brought in (and apparently "not trusted") plus watching mistake after mistake. 

Arguably,  the Stoke loss was worse. West Brom were on a winning streak and are (now) well-managed.  Stoke are much weaker and less consistent. 

And if the reservation is "Lansdown can't pick winners", well, Lansdown, picked Pearson. So, plus ca change.