IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It has been suggested before that maybe the Club wanted to make the most of the Man City game, maximising the potential sales and sponsorship. 

Maybe they could have done a short term deal, one season until we then chose long term partners. It does seem they rushed it all a little. 
I got a Hummel Tee shirt, not massively impressed TBH but it's OK. I've not seen the new kits or training shirts close up, so I wont criticise it.

That is a very good point. No one has even got the new training shirt yet apparently it is rubbish quality.
This may be true, but hard to judge without actually grabbing hold of one.
As I've said, I like that old design and was very impressed when I first saw it on a Programme. It just seems there are no new ideas, it seems whoever designs the kits just goes through someones old photograph collection .

If a £50 replica shirt is truly horrendous quality, it’s not unreasonable to assume that a cheaper training top is unlikely to be any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Finally, if I can personally vouch for other O'Neills leisure/training/sportswear why is the City shirt causing so much anger?  Has O'Neills been told to work within a budget? BCFC at fault here and not O'Neills. 

PS I have no family connection at all with O'Neills.

Because it’s absolute crap and they want £50 for it.

People are blaming Oneil for the quality and the club for signing up to it.

It’s that simple.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Could some of this be “brand snobbery” - would the garments get the same critique if made by say, Umbro or Puma, or is a crap shirt simply a crap shirt?

I definitely think there’ll be an element of that - but I also don’t think it can be a defence of the club. That’s how society is and if you’re going to move away from bigger brands there’s more pressure to get the product spot on.

All that said, it’s worth adding Hummel aren’t exactly the height of fashion and some of the in-house kits were pretty popular - particularly the promotion one, as was the pinstripes kit we wore during the cup run.

They gunna put this awful splat robin on the front of everything are they.. it’s literally a trace of a stock image. 

Thought the club wanted to act Premier League ready with everything in place but the football on the pitch. 

Realistically none of us will care about this if we go up.. but these kits/training gear have all been embarrassing so far. Mind blowing that a club as big as ours could look so Sunday league 

32AC8AB9-A839-45B3-86B2-F1E3C96DAFF7.jpeg

1 minute ago, Not Banksy said:

They gunna put this awful splat robin on the front of everything are they.. it’s literally a trace of a stock image. 

Thought the club wanted to act Premier League ready with everything in place but the football on the pitch. 

Realistically none of us will care about this if we go up.. but these kits/training gear have all been embarrassing so far. Mind blowing that a club as big as ours could look so Sunday league 

Looks like it’s base on the Michael Jackson Thriller Jacket, but black!

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

2 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

That is awful. Why sky blue trim ffs?!?

On 13/06/2023 at 20:06, Barrs Court Red said:

How on Earth did this design convo go?

"Open your mind". 

"Lets do some blue sky thinking". "BLUE sky". "Who play in blue?" "Europe's best play in blue". 

"Join hands, shut your eyes, lets visualise together, think best in Europe, look like the best in Europe, train like the best in Europe, Be City". 

Edited by Cowshed
Can't post cite-h?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That is awful. Why sky blue trim ffs?!?

I’m sure they’ll say it’s Cyan or some Dulux naming equivalent like misty turquoise or something like that!

42 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

You seen one of the most reasonable people on here @Davefevs ?

even you must think this is poor ??

It looks rather shiny, like an imitation leather.  I’m pretty ambivalent about these things, unless they really jump  out and make me want to buy one, like this one did.

image.thumb.jpg.2dc8a68ab02d8664197ca57ab7306bf4.jpg

I suspect many of the ones moaning would never buy one anyway.

I don’t like the splatted Robin on the front of kit, even though I don’t mind the yellow top.  Put it on the back of the neck, keep the circle badge on the front.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure they’ll say it’s Cyan or some Dulux naming equivalent like misty turquoise or something like that!

It looks rather shiny, like an imitation leather.  I’m pretty ambivalent about these things, unless they really jump  out and make me want to buy one, like this one did.

image.thumb.jpg.2dc8a68ab02d8664197ca57ab7306bf4.jpg

I suspect many of the ones moaning would never buy one anyway.

I don’t like the splatted Robin on the front of kit, even though I don’t mind the yellow top.  Put it on the back of the neck, keep the circle badge on the front.

Hahah bold of you to assume there’s stock available if someone wants to buy something…

• Haha 1

On 14/06/2023 at 09:22, glynriley said:

Spot on. I've no idea why City don't look to maximise revenue via the shop or online. I had a look the other day to see if I could get a polo or something for my old man for Fathers Day, it was like a ******* jumble sale.

Even roverzzz have more more choice and variety on their online shop. As you say, far more choice back in Beryls day. The club clearly have no desire to improve the situation.

Found these on another website. Why the club can't do something similar, with the new badge and retro badges, I've no idea.

They'll probably produce some with the dodgy robin now...

https://oldschoolfootball.co.uk/products/bristol-city-1970s-football-polo-sizes-s-xxxl-embroidered-logo?variant=6571641929755&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7aqkBhDPARIsAKGa0oJWIj18ZMxXgGO5AYQq-qjg0SEuRpmdum6Xzvbp4IzRlZRRMHnyA34aAsBOEALw_wcB

polo.webp.1b7b5d4778c2e4fe065d8cb0c206c067.webp

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

I quite like the recent badge, Bristol City 1994 with a robin in a circle, but this one is probably my favourite.

21 hours ago, frenchred said:

I don't want this to sound confrontational but what does the SC & T actually do that benefits fans?

I don't believe the club take any notice whatsoever in the organisation and certainly to my knowledge are very slow or just don't bother to react to fans suggestions and concerns.

Not all the fault of the SC &T more to do with the club and those in positions of power.

You'd think the SC&T would challenge the use of the dodgy robin on a first team shirt as a matter of course, wouldn't you...?

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Third kit now on sale. Confirms the changes made to design of sleeve but most notably the much maligned Robin badge is now a patch…one that’s been stuck on! That’s going to look awful once it starts coming away at the edges. It would be interesting to know why this change was made?

Looks embroidered to me...

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk//bcfc/kit/all-football-kit/view-all-kit/2962_2324-bristol-city-third-shirt-adult.html

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Third kit now on sale. Confirms the changes made to design of sleeve but most notably the much maligned Robin badge is now a patch…one that’s been stuck on! That’s going to look awful once it starts coming away at the edges. It would be interesting to know why this change was made?

Looks embroidered to me...

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk//bcfc/kit/all-football-kit/view-all-kit/2962_2324-bristol-city-third-shirt-adult.html

The only thing wrong with that yellow kit is the badge, the usual badge colour coded in green and yellow would look pretty good compared to the monstrosity that is on it (it looks like someone has gone to a dodgy tattoo shop abroad pissed and asked for a robin to be applied and this is what they drew)

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Was gonna say the same. Granted I still don't like that badge at all on a kit but at least it's a welcome change after people were complaining that it was just printed on. ?‍♂️

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Accept I’m a broken record, but it really is difficult to believe just how bad that badge is. 

Keep thinking it’s a hoax.

Just like the hashtag nonsense

56 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You'd think the SC&T would challenge the use of the dodgy robin on a first team shirt as a matter of course, wouldn't you...?

I'd imagine that the SC&T aren't just going to raise it unless enough of their members contact them asking to raise it

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm amazed anyone would buy that 3rd kit

I've showed my boy the yellow kit and he doesn't want anything to do with it (such judgement from a 12½ year old).  He does however like the red one, and the GK one so my wallet is going to take a battering.

Am hoping the tracksuit tops are of decent design, as I'm too old for replica shirts now (that grey Hummel one with red chevrons was a thing of beauty)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just like the hashtag nonsense

I'd imagine that the SC&T aren't just going to raise it unless enough of their members contact them asking to raise it

How many members are there...? You can see the depth of feeling on here with regard the dodgy robin, almost universal dissaproval.

I'm not a member so can't raise it, but you are I assume, so could you raise it on my behalf...? I'm sure others might be in the same boat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Exactly, I really don't think it provides the link between fan and club, appears more if an old boys drinking club!

• Hmmm 1