IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just got in after watching the new Bolan/T.Rex film.

I really like the away kit , I love the round 'City' as I said I painted that on my haversack at school.  I might have been tempted to buy one if they weren't already sold out , apart from XL. I still think £50 is too much though.

Do they still use haversacks at school then?

19 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I love that... maybe its my age, but its got that 90s brit pop vibe... 

Question is, can a 43 year old wear a football shirt?? Maybe not can... should.

Go for it mate!  ?

Down here in Cornwall this summer I've seen all sorts of shirts in all sorts of sizes and ages!  

Fortunately no jesters, unfortunately no City.

The only shirts I let a little snigger out when walking past is Leeds for some reason!  ?

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Not keen myself and think they make it more difficult to pick out players.

That said, the ‘All Blacks’ clearly find there to be no disadvantage in wearing a solid black kit. 

Always thought our white shirt/black shorts away kit looked smart.

Yeah I’m with you on that. If we have to have 3 kits they should surely be red/white, white/black and then whatever weird concoction they want for kit 3.  

It's the best out of a bad bunch. Like people have said there is no consistancy across the shirts (except for the keepers). We have stripes, splat robin and now melons, and of course totally different training wear. Nothing ties it together which looks a mess. 

I did hear though that there was plenty of stock, so it must be very popular at least to have sold out so quickly.

9 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

I love that... maybe its my age, but its got that 90s brit pop vibe... 

Question is, can a 43 year old wear a football shirt?? Maybe not can... should.

In a world where someone can identify as a toaster, I don’t think there should be any worry about what someone is wearing 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Just feedback from Wednesdays meeting with the club 

I don't think vague teasers can be considered feedback ? if you've been given info you can't divulge (which I don't really get considering you represent a supporters group), I think you're best off saying nothing until you can say everything, just for the sake of peoples sanity :)

• Haha 2

• Admin
39 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I don't think vague teasers can be considered feedback ? if you've been given info you can't divulge (which I don't really get considering you represent a supporters group), I think you're best off saying nothing until you can say everything, just for the sake of peoples sanity :)

I think he means that this is when the minutes will be published and there will likely be a thread discussing those?

They've explained before that they give the club 24h advance notice of what is being published in the minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I think he means that this is when the minutes will be published and there will likely be a thread discussing those?

They've explained before that they give the club 24h advance notice of what is being published in the minutes.

Ah I see. @phantom is this what you meant? A laugh react gets me nowhere! 

• Like 1

Yesterday I was thinking for all the bad thing's O'Neills have delivered and how disappointing they've been I thought they'd reclaimed some credit with the away kit, yes it was late, yes it's not purple and lime like many expected etc but I think it's a very nice kit and although I've never been much of a fan of the round "CITY" I actually think it works in making our kit very unique to Bristol City. I'm not a big fan of the collar and cuffs but overall it's a very nice kit, it's unique to Bristol City and I don't see any sign of the bloody stupid splash Robin and so to me that's a credit to O'Neills.

I woke up this morning thinking, maybe at the end of the month I may buy this away kit only to see my size and many other are already out of stock and to me this is largely undoing all the credit that O'Neills built up with the kit. I belive credit when credit is due but how do you spend so long that you're the last team in the EFL to release their away kit only to not even build up enough stock to satisfy the demand? I can see why so many people have turned to the Chinese knock offs when not everyone has the time or money to be sat ready to pre-order a kit on day 1 of it's release or possibly never get one. I have a feeling my size won't be back in stock online for a while and it makes me question whether I should be buying the shirt when it could be October before I even have a chance which leaves 7 months before the season ends and the next kit will be getting ready to release.

I know City are a business, I know they need to satisfy the customer demands so why do they keep missing the mark? For every positive we've had with O'Neills we've had more negatives and I'm trying to be positive and yesterday I was thinking maybe they've turned the corner but I wake up and stock is already gone, it's a bit of a mess to say the least.

I've seen Coventry are having issues with Hummell but for all the issues they've had they at least have a reason, that being that the company who distributed in the UK went under and they've had to work incredibly fast to remedy that issue. I also seen some people complaining about the quality of their Coventry shirts but looking at the Hummell site the production has never changed and I never had any issues with any Hummell kits I've bought (I own a few non City ones too). Their production isn't in the UK at all as it says here and it's Coventry themselves that apply the names and numbers etc using the heat pressing machines which appear to be the cause of many of the complaints so that would be an issue with whoever is applying names, numbers, badges etc at their end.
I'd still happily go back to Hummell but it's clear that ship has sailed which makes me hope that O'Neills is not a long term deal and that someone like Umbro, or even Reebok who have made a bit of a comeback and done some nice kits, comes in and wants to work with us or even the club approach them. Hell, I wouldn't complain if we had a less favoured one like Castore or Craft if the designs are right for us and they work to create unique kits and so long as they can supply what we need.
I just hope when change comes we avoid Nike, Adidas and Puma, great quality but their pricing is crazy and they don't really produce nice stuff for their "smaller deals".

• Like 2

I have defended the Club/kit/ONeils where I thought it was warranted , 
*not sure the quality was as bad as some made out. 
*The yellow isn't as bad as some said
*I like the City round logo
*O'Neils aren't a market stall knock off company that some made it sound like
*the splat Robin would make a great feature on kids ranges

Now the one thing that is wrong, and @RedM flagged it up earlier. While the 3 kits have to vary in colour, and I don't mind designs being different across the 3 , but there has to be some consistencies. 

The Club badge HAS to be the same, it's the Clubs identity . As it stands there are 3 logos across 3 kits, 2 have different badges , 2 with splat , one with just the badge. 
WTAF was the design team thinking ?? 
This is where I would question if O'Neils queried the jumble of badges, or if Jonny Crayon just demanded his drawings had to be used.

Stick with the Club badge on the front, it would have stopped a lot of moaning.
If you need to use the splat back of the shirt at most. Maybe the kids range as I said.
Then the round City in the 3rd kit isn't an issue for me.

This all feels a little Lee Johnson and his formations. Lots of ideas, but no focus. Just feels messy.

I do like the away kit though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This all feels a little Lee Johnson and his formations. Lots of ideas, but no focus. Just feels messy.

Yep, ‘rhythm and flow’ a key element of good design. Does make me think the kit designers have been on very elementary design courses.

May be it’s just a Bristol thing. Always thought it bizarre that Bristol Design Guides for key sites were prepared without reference to their context. Consequence, you end up with a hotchpotch of buildings cheek by jowl, leading to a confused townscape lacking identity, with individual buildings competing with each other for attention. 

Same principle applies to our shirt range. Just a very random collection of designs  some ok, others not.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yesterday I was thinking for all the bad thing's O'Neills have delivered and how disappointing they've been I thought they'd reclaimed some credit with the away kit, yes it was late, yes it's not purple and lime like many expected etc but I think it's a very nice kit and although I've never been much of a fan of the round "CITY" I actually think it works in making our kit very unique to Bristol City. I'm not a big fan of the collar and cuffs but overall it's a very nice kit, it's unique to Bristol City and I don't see any sign of the bloody stupid splash Robin and so to me that's a credit to O'Neills.

I woke up this morning thinking, maybe at the end of the month I may buy this away kit only to see my size and many other are already out of stock and to me this is largely undoing all the credit that O'Neills built up with the kit. I belive credit when credit is due but how do you spend so long that you're the last team in the EFL to release their away kit only to not even build up enough stock to satisfy the demand? I can see why so many people have turned to the Chinese knock offs when not everyone has the time or money to be sat ready to pre-order a kit on day 1 of it's release or possibly never get one. I have a feeling my size won't be back in stock online for a while and it makes me question whether I should be buying the shirt when it could be October before I even have a chance which leaves 7 months before the season ends and the next kit will be getting ready to release.

I know City are a business, I know they need to satisfy the customer demands so why do they keep missing the mark? For every positive we've had with O'Neills we've had more negatives and I'm trying to be positive and yesterday I was thinking maybe they've turned the corner but I wake up and stock is already gone, it's a bit of a mess to say the least.

I've seen Coventry are having issues with Hummell but for all the issues they've had they at least have a reason, that being that the company who distributed in the UK went under and they've had to work incredibly fast to remedy that issue. I also seen some people complaining about the quality of their Coventry shirts but looking at the Hummell site the production has never changed and I never had any issues with any Hummell kits I've bought (I own a few non City ones too). Their production isn't in the UK at all as it says here and it's Coventry themselves that apply the names and numbers etc using the heat pressing machines which appear to be the cause of many of the complaints so that would be an issue with whoever is applying names, numbers, badges etc at their end.
I'd still happily go back to Hummell but it's clear that ship has sailed which makes me hope that O'Neills is not a long term deal and that someone like Umbro, or even Reebok who have made a bit of a comeback and done some nice kits, comes in and wants to work with us or even the club approach them. Hell, I wouldn't complain if we had a less favoured one like Castore or Craft if the designs are right for us and they work to create unique kits and so long as they can supply what we need.
I just hope when change comes we avoid Nike, Adidas and Puma, great quality but their pricing is crazy and they don't really produce nice stuff for their "smaller deals".

There are a lot of assumptions that the blame / fault lies with O’Neils.

I’m not saying they’re not, but unless any of us have inside Intel on the process from design through to order, they are the easy target, aren’t they?

Its really easy to say they should build up stock, but it could just as easily be City not wanting to build too much stock that can’t be sold, rather than O’Neils capability to produce at scale.  It could be that City are shit at predicting demand.  This is why some companies do pre-orders, so they have a better ideal of demand, how much to produce, etc, etc,

Maybe it is all O’Neils fault, but then…who did the due diligence on the deal when we exited from Hummel?

Bearing in mind the club have been crap on a whole multitude of comms in recent times, I’m a bit surprised the go-to blame apportionment is O’Neils.

It reminds me of Grand Designs, where the wife decided she wanted to be Project Manager.  She had no experience, but wanted her bit of tv glory.  She drew the plans by hand and by ruler and used string on the plot to mark the walls.  Firstly her drawings didn’t scale properly and secondly her string stretched in the rain.

But it was the Builder who she blamed!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

What has O'Neills ever done to you? 

Your post is all over the place. You say it's a very nice kit, but then go on to criticise O'Neills for stock being low without any consideration of why that may be. You went to great lengths to defend Hummel in your post...but have not given O'Neills the same level of considering. 

Believe it or not, for a kit, the turn around for our away kit is still extremely fast. I think O'Neills should be given huge credit for releasing so many shirts for us and the Bears in a very very very short timeframe. That must be pretty unprecedented within the industry. 

As for stock have you not considered that it's low on stock because it's proven to be extremely popular? Isn't that a good thing? You've also failed to mention that many would have been waiting to use the kids free shirt code (just like myself) which would have added to the demand. I got the shirt for my son but many would have paid the tenner to upgrade to an adult size. I know many that buy a kids season ticket just for this purpose. 

Coventry may have 'released' their away kit but as I said above, not a single fan have got their hands on that away kit yet so not sure it's correct to say we're the last. Unveiled yes, but released no. 

You're making a number of assumptions which form your opinion and I think that's unfair. You don't know when the next shipment is due. 

O'Neills have also had to work incredibly fast to rectify the issue we had of our teams needing X amount of kits in a very short time frame. Surely as it was only the distributor that went under, then distributing kits is less of an issue than O'Neills having to produce AND distribute a number of kits? 

When you compare O'Neills and their supply of shirts for our group teams and Hummell with Coventry then O'Neills have massively outperformed a global brand. 

The splat would not have been an O'Neills decision. It was a club decision so that criticism can't be put on O'Neills. 

• Like 5

• Admin
27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have defended the Club/kit/ONeils where I thought it was warranted , 
*not sure the quality was as bad as some made out. 
*The yellow isn't as bad as some said
*I like the City round logo
*O'Neils aren't a market stall knock off company that some made it sound like
*the splat Robin would make a great feature on kids ranges

Now the one thing that is wrong, and @RedM flagged it up earlier. While the 3 kits have to vary in colour, and I don't mind designs being different across the 3 , but there has to be some consistencies. 

The Club badge HAS to be the same, it's the Clubs identity . As it stands there are 3 logos across 3 kits, 2 have different badges , 2 with splat , one with just the badge. 
WTAF was the design team thinking ?? 
This is where I would question if O'Neils queried the jumble of badges, or if Jonny Crayon just demanded his drawings had to be used.

Stick with the Club badge on the front, it would have stopped a lot of moaning.
If you need to use the splat back of the shirt at most. Maybe the kids range as I said.
Then the round City in the 3rd kit isn't an issue for me.

I do like the away kit though.

100% spot on 

My opinion from conversations I've had is that the club are "now" very aware of mistakes that have been made this season 

Yes, they could AND should have been avoided but the product is out there now for the rest of this season 

As much as a large majority don't like what is in front of us, sadly we just have to embrace it and ride the season out 

The club acknowledge the feeling and feedback, let's just hope those that made those decisions learn from it, though I've a feeling that the only way some will sit up and take notice is when they see actually sales revenue figures 

• Like 3

I think the evidence points to O’Neills being an issue, as well as our own designers.

The mis-match between the piss coloured shirt and mustard coloured socks was just unforgivable for a professional outfit. I just can’t believe the designers could have looked at a colour chart and ordered two different yellows. So that error/supply issue has to be on O’Neills. A supplier of kit to a Downs League side would have been embarrassed by that tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There are a lot of assumptions that the blame / fault lies with O’Neils.

I’m not saying they’re not, but unless any of us have inside Intel on the process from design through to order, they are the easy target, aren’t they?

Its really easy to say they should build up stock, but it could just as easily be City not wanting to build too much stock that can’t be sold, rather than O’Neils capability to produce at scale.  It could be that City are shit at predicting demand.  This is why some companies do pre-orders, so they have a better ideal of demand, how much to produce, etc, etc,

Maybe it is all O’Neils fault, but then…who did the due diligence on the deal when we exited from Hummel?

Bearing in mind the club have been crap on a whole multitude of comms in recent times, I’m a bit surprised the go-to blame apportionment is O’Neils.

It reminds me of Grand Designs, where the wife decided she wanted to be Project Manager.  She had no experience, but wanted her bit of tv glory.  She drew the plans by hand and by ruler and used string on the plot to mark the walls.  Firstly her drawings didn’t scale properly and secondly her string stretched in the rain.

But it was the Builder who she blamed!

It has to be brand snobbery. 

I think people make the mistake of thinking that O'Neills have designed the kits and then just sent them to us. 

The whole design, branding or whatever is down to us. So all the criticism O'Neills is getting for those things is incredibly unwarranted. 

I believe that in normal circumstances kits have a year-18 months lead time. O'Neills have produced thousands of shirts and training wear of different designs for both us and the Bears in what, 7 or 8 months? For a relatively small British/Irish firm, that is pretty incredible. 

I have no doubt that their staff have been working around the clock to manufacture all these various kits and the negative criticism of O'Neills I feel is incredibly unfair on those staff. 

• Like 4