IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

That sounds like a very inefficient way of dealing with the problem, because there will be a lot of individuals - particularly older people - who will be seeking an alternative.

It’s probably more efficient than effectively running two systems for everyone, which is what would happen if they made it a choice.

I think you overestimate the number of people who won’t be able to manage this. 

• Like 2

Just now, italian dave said:

It’s probably more efficient than effectively running two systems for everyone, which is what would happen if they made it a choice.

I think you overestimate the number of people who won’t be able to manage this. 

I think you underestimate it to be honest............

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would guess as much as a quarter of the fanbase will not be able to go digital. That's a lot of "individual solutions" for the SLO to sort out........

Similar was said when the stadium went cashless and whilst i've not heard one way or the other, I'm not personally aware of anyone who struggled with that. Granted, a phone is more effort than a bank card that you just wave at a machine, but given that for cup games people have been required to be IT savvy to print tickets at home or have them on their phone for a few seasons, I'd hope they've looked at the numbers and made a decision on that basis. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redpole said:

So I assume if you want to move your seat you have to wait until May? However I see General sale is before that so all good seats available that you could move into will be gone. Can you reserve your same seat and then look at moving it in May?? 

If you want to buy a seat that is not currently taken by a season ticket holder you'll be able to do that as soon as they go on sale. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think you underestimate it to be honest............

It’s reckoned that 90% of UK adults have a smartphone. And 95% of those are used daily. So I really don’t know why you’d think that 25% of City fans won’t have one.

When we had those few games of having to show a covid pass to get into the ground, every single person I saw showing theirs was doing so on their phone. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Similar was said when the stadium went cashless and whilst i've not heard one way or the other, I'm not personally aware of anyone who struggled with that. Granted, a phone is more effort than a bank card that you just wave at a machine, but given that for cup games people have been required to be IT savvy to print tickets at home or have them on their phone for a few seasons, I'd hope they've looked at the numbers and made a decision on that basis. 

Plenty of people have phones that aren't smart phones. You just have to take a look around the ground and see the age of many of our supporters. As long as the club have a proper plan in place for those supporters then no problem. If not they will potentially lose out on a lot of money after announcing very reasonable prices which would be a shame. 

Edited by Numero Uno

Just now, OneTeamInBristol said:

The digitalisation won't just affect people who can't manage it, there will be some fans who won't want to adopt this method even if they can.

Personally if I'm paying £500 for a season ticket I want something physical to reflect it at the very least.

There will be a physical option just announced!

Do you expect Sky to send you a copy of the Radio and TV Times every month as well! ? 

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It’s reckoned that 90% of UK adults have a smartphone. And 95% of those are used daily. So I really don’t know why you’d think that 25% of City fans won’t have one.

When we had those few games of having to show a covid pass to get into the ground, every single person I saw showing theirs was doing so on their phone. 

I have a smartphone but would argue that the demographic of our crowd will not quite hit the 90% you suggest.

8 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Quick get the season ticket news out so people forget about the yellow kit!!

Also free kit for kids says outfield kit. Does this mean they can pick home/away/3rd? 

13. I have an Under-12 Season Ticket in my group, how do I claim the free outfield replica shirt?

Under-12 Season Ticket holders will be able to choose their free outfield junior replica shirt from a choice of the 2023/24 home, away and third shirts. We will communicate to all 2023/24 Under-12 Season Ticket holders at a later date, once all three shirts have been launched and are available to purchase

FAQs says the above. Great news for my daughter who always wants one of the away kits. Well.....it's great news if the away kit is much better than the third kit!!!

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Two different issues.

We talk about people taking pay cuts “in real terms” when considering inflation; we need to recognise here that with inflation running at around 10%, season tickets have effectively got cheaper in real terms - it’s not a cost increase at all, it’s the opposite.

Given the club will also be suffering cost increases themselves, they should get a lot of credit for that.

I'd argue that inflation isn't at 10% for the club, that's a measure of the "Basket of goods". The clubs biggest cost driver is player wages and as long as those aren't linked to to the CPI then the club will not be experiencing cost inflation of 10%. Other big driver of inflation is energy prices and the club will be at least partially protected against that thanks to the solar panels on the roof. 

Fact remains that they are cutting their costs through digitising (if they aren't why are they doing it?), whilst still increasing the cost of the ticket.

Just now, Hittheginger said:

I'd argue that inflation isn't at 10% for the club, that's a measure of the "Basket of goods". The clubs biggest cost driver is player wages and as long as those aren't linked to to the CPI then the club will not be experiencing cost inflation of 10%. Other big driver of inflation is energy prices and the club will be at least partially protected against that thanks to the solar panels on the roof. 

Fact remains that they are cutting their costs through digitising (if they aren't why are they doing it?), whilst still increasing the cost of the ticket.

Because we are a loss making entity who need to reduce that loss to comply with FFP, whilst remaining competitive to hopefully achieve future sporting success?

• Like 1

Just now, Hittheginger said:

.........and the fact also remains that the club is still losing an absolute ******* lorry load of money every season. If season ticket sales had to cover club costs we'd all be paying £5K plus.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

So, everyone go to the club and say you need a physical card and with how much time and effort that takes, the club won't try go fully digital again for a while.

I don't have a problem with going digital as long as the alternative for those who can't/won't is not a Chairman induced absolute shambles along the lines of the stock image badge we now have on the third kit.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm sure you realise this but a large number of fans will value a physical season ticket for a club they've supported for years over an app on their phone.

I get that - I've actually still got (somewhere) all of my old season ticket books from back when you ripped out of ticket and had loads of extra lettered vouchers towards the back of the book in case we had a priority game. 

They are probably in a box with loads of old gig tickets and festival wristbands from a largely mispent youth, but times have changed. 

This is probably the prompt I need to think about setting up Google Pay on my phone, whilst still having a preference for cash (knowing that £100 at the start of the night and £20 in the morning meant I knew I'd spent £80 without needing to check anything) I did accept that post Covid society was moving towards a cashless society and if we are to get the 10% on concourse spending, I'll wager that paying via your phone is likely to be the only way to get the reduction and flicking a debit card in the direction of a machine is next on the hit-list! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TBW said:

“That is a fantastic testament to your continued support, especially in what is a difficult time for many, when living costs are going up. We recognise that supporting your team is not a luxury, it’s a way of life that often lasts a lifetime.”

Only the feckless son of a billionaire could claim that having a season ticket wasn't a luxury. Of course it is a luxury; a luxury that plenty of people I know cannot afford. And they're no less a supporter for not having one, either. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

The digitalisation won't just affect people who can't manage it, there will be some fans who won't want to adopt this method even if they can.

Personally if I'm paying £500 for a season ticket I want something physical to reflect it at the very least.

That, and I don't want to rent the medium (or pay 2-3x the ST cost every few years) to get into the ground. 

Sod running our whole lives on something that will crap out at the worst possible time, and will become more expensive as resources become more scarce.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Selred said:

The phone depends on if you need signal for the ticket. I've had tickets on emails, but couldn't load tickets up at the game previously!

Q&A says this, so it will just be like bank cards and plane, train, tickets etc that you load to your Apple/Google wallet on your phone. So I expect we’ll have our season card sitting in the wallet that we can access to scan just like Apple Pay etc. No phone signal needed. 

19. When will I receive my Season Ticket?
2023/24 Season Tickets will be digital so, prior to the start of the season, you will be able to add your Season Ticket to Apple/Google Wallet on your mobile phone. More information on how to do this will be issued in due course.