IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've got a phone that cost a thousand quid. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable handing my phone to a child to scan it, especially if it was a young child. 

Don’t see why you’d have to hand your phone around. Adult gets child’s ticket up on phone and scans it and child walks through. Adult then gets his/her ticket up on same phone, scans it at walks though him/herself. Precisely the same process as when I book train tickets for more than one person on my phone and we go though the barriers - the phone doesn’t leave my hand as I scan each person through. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

Don’t see why you’d have to hand your phone around. Adult gets child’s ticket up on phone and scans it and child walks through. Adult then gets his/her ticket up on same phone, scans it at walks though him/herself. Precisely the same process as when I book train tickets for more than one person on my phone and we go though the barriers - the phone doesn’t leave my hand as I scan each person through. 

What happens if you can't go to the game but your child is able to go with a friend and their parent? I'm guessing all these types of scenario's have already been worked out by other guinea pigs who went before us!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But how do we get around the fact thousands of under 16s and OAPs etc don't have phones? 

What context is your "thousands"? If you mean thousands of the entire population of the UK, the yes, but only a very small proportion of those will be buying season tickets at Ashton Gate! If you mean thousands of City season ticket holders then I think that's an exaggeration. (And incidentally, why this thing about OAPs. Not having a go at you on this, you're by no means alone, but plenty of OAPs are perfectly IT savvy and the % who own phones is catching up fast with the rest of the population)

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've got a phone that cost a thousand quid. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable handing my phone to a child to scan it, especially if it was a young child. 

So, you've got a £1000 phone but you won't let your kids have one at all?!!!

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What happens if you can't go to the game but your child is able to go with a friend and their parent? I'm guessing all these types of scenario's have already been worked out by other guinea pigs who went before us!!

Yes there will always be a fall back I’m sure. I’m hoping that we will be able to share access to the ticket but even if that’s not possible, I suspect the answer will be to request a QR code for that match. 

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes there will always be a fall back I’m sure. I’m hoping that we will be able to share access to the ticket but even if that’s not possible, I suspect the answer will be to request a QR code for that match. 

Hopefully it will be as easy as taking a screenshot of the child’s QR code and sending it to the adult who’s taking said child. 

That’s worked when we’ve done group of 4 train tickets before anyway. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

What context is your "thousands"? If you mean thousands of the entire population of the UK, the yes, but only a very small proportion of those will be buying season tickets at Ashton Gate! If you mean thousands of City season ticket holders then I think that's an exaggeration. (And incidentally, why this thing about OAPs. Not having a go at you on this, you're by no means alone, but plenty of OAPs are perfectly IT savvy and the % who own phones is catching up fast with the rest of the population)

So, you've got a £1000 phone but you won't let your kids have one at all?!!!

Don't we have something like 2000 u16 season ticket holders? Maybe more. So that's not really a very small proportion?

I've got a car too, I won't let an 8 year old drive that either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just to note, that lot over the road tried digital only and had to back out:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-changes-season-7369596.amp

You’d hope we were a bit more advanced than them, but the problems identified may be common.

Didn’t open the tent flaps 

17 minutes ago, eardun said:

It's just awkward and unnecessarily awkward. 

At the moment I give the children their tickets, and then I go in 1st so I'm stood there for when they come through. They tap, in they come. 

By having to use my phone like ive done for the cup games, I then have to lean over two children to scan their tickets and then hope they don't run off and get lost in the concourse whilst I scan mine. 

No problem with having my ticket on my phone but for parents it's just an unnecessary hassle. 

I think that we have to acknowledge that digitisation of STs may have meant that price rises were limited.  Inevitably the club will have to assist those who do not have the tech to do this but this will be a limited number of fans. 

I for one welcome the move - means I'm unlikely to forget my season ticket (regular occurrence) and I get the opportunity to turn the brightness up to blind the stewards repeatedly at pointless ticket checks at various points.

Well done the club at the pricing, fair approach.

Will we be able to upload Cup tickets to our season card app? 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's possible they'll be looking to introduce a re-sale process - other clubs have done it in the past so if you're not able to make a particular game, you might get something back from the secondary market, unlikely to be full cost, but it might be better than nothing.

I'm sure that things like this, the cost of season tickets, making tickets available for the Amish, the change in kit, the change in badge and everything else forms part of the extensive SCAT meetings they have and that the club has raised these points so that SCAT can go away and get views and opinions from all sections of the support....... 

Not blaming SCAT by the way - I'm going to reason they've been given no further information than anyone else.

I’d like to think they were looking at a re-sell site but it’s usually just clubs that sell out every game that are doing it. Would be great though if they did. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I know that’s not going to be popular with us fans, but from the club’s perspective it’s got to be a big plus, hasn’t it? They’re not supposed to be transferable, so it’s not like we’re being prevented from doing something we’d otherwise be able to (legitimately) do. 

They are, or at least were last time I looked (possibly last season) - it was in their terms & conditions that you can lend your season card to someone who would be in the same or lower price category. My brother had Covid on the weekend so I took the old dear down on his ticket for her second game of the season. So this is an erosion of benefits as for as I can see. And quite honestly I think its a sharp practice.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They are, or at least were last time I looked (possibly last season) - it was in their terms & conditions that you can lend your season card to someone who would be in the same or lower price category. My brother had Covid on the weekend so I took the old dear down on his ticket for her second game of the season. So this is an erosion of benefits as for as I can see. And quite honestly I think its a sharp practice.

Just screenshot the code and send it to the person who will be attending in your place. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

What I want to know though is what happens if you don't have a smartphone or would prefer a physical ticket?  I can't believe no-one has raised this on this thread yet.....!

What about if you have a penchant for forgetting your tickets, particularly after you’ve got all the way to the away ground?  This might make it idiot proof as nobody should forget their phone

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Hopefully it will be as easy as taking a screenshot of the child’s QR code and sending it to the adult who’s taking said child. 

That’s worked when we’ve done group of 4 train tickets before anyway. 

Can’t imagine it’ll be a QR code. Liverpool’s system uses the contactless feature. It’s quicker and cracked screens don’t cause an issue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

What about if you have a penchant for forgetting your tickets, particularly after you’ve got all the way to the away ground?  This might make it idiot proof as nobody should forget their phone

Only a proper idiot would ever do such a thing.....:whistle2: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Just screenshot the code and send it to the person who will be attending in your place. 

Correct, though if it’s the same code for the whole season you’d have to trust the person you sent it to or they could just turn up early each game and get in before you and you wouldn’t get in.