IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

Club are very slow answering peoples questions about season cards opposed to digital phone apps , I have a lot of time for this as said earlier not everyone has a smartphone and certainly young kids won’t ,so let’s get these thing addressed before you expect to sell tickets 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Club are very slow answering peoples questions about season cards opposed to digital phone apps , I have a lot of time for this as said earlier not everyone has a smartphone and certainly young kids won’t ,so let’s get these thing addressed before you expect to sell tickets 

They've already confirmed physical tickets will be an option. Simples.

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

So where officially have you seen you can have a season card instead of digital perhaps if they’d coded in to renewals we could all share 

8C438D6E-F88F-489A-958B-EEE8C3FB2C98.jpeg

"Supporters that do not have a smart phone will have the option of a physical season ticket for 2023/24."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/renew-your-season-ticket-now/

• Like 1

On 20/03/2023 at 17:04, Taunton_BCFC said:

So what’s a VIP season ticket 

I was with someone today who was telling me he now has access to lansdown, Heineken lounge etc for meals and can hold business meetings there during the week etc... don't know if that relates to the above or not... I assumed he just had his wires crossed tbh when telling me 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Any feed back how ticket sales are going 

Not sure but as a member I've looked to upgrade to a season ticket holder again in the south stand but as it's a logistical nightmare,(as I was told over the phone) because current season ticket holders have until may to renew I cant book anything in that stand until that date. My question was why open to members before current season tickets have been renewed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

Not sure but as a member I've looked to upgrade to a season ticket holder again in the south stand but as it's a logistical nightmare,(as I was told over the phone) because current season ticket holders have until may to renew I cant book anything in that stand until that date. My question was why open to members before current season tickets have been renewed. 

I’m holding fire on 3 for that reason.  As it is there’s no rush, so hopefully when the “lose your seat” deadline arrives more seats will open up

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’m holding fire on 3 for that reason.  As it is there’s no rush, so hopefully when the “lose your seat” deadline arrives more seats will open up

I'm doing the same as well,I phoned thinking there was a problem with the website again but no, They did say I could buy a ticket elsewhere in the ground and risk waiting until the south stand tickets open and move my seat if the seats come available in may.. That seems hard work and a risk so I'm waiting.

• Like 1

just renewed 3 ST's, not sure about going digital, the current system works well. Although the club can easily create a system for those who have a problem using, my concern is will it take longer to get in and increase queuing if people are messing with phones to enable access.

What's the benefit to the club? if as pointed out may cost the club to implement, maybe stop the sharing of tickets unless you are prepared to give someone your phone?

3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

just renewed 3 ST's, not sure about going digital, the current system works well. Although the club can easily create a system for those who have a problem using, my concern is will it take longer to get in and increase queuing if people are messing with phones to enable access.

What's the benefit to the club? if as pointed out may cost the club to implement, maybe stop the sharing of tickets unless you are prepared to give someone your phone?

Wasn't a problem for the Man City game. 

14,000 plastic cards don't need to be printed and posted. That must save approx £30,000 if the cards cost £1 each and postage is a similar price. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Wasn't a problem for the Man City game. 

14,000 plastic cards don't need to be printed and posted. That must save approx £30,000 if the cards cost £1 each and postage is a similar price. 

People had printed tickets as well for the man city game, so not just digital, also we don't know how the digital ticket may operate, its not necessarily just a pdf as per Man City.

6 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

People had printed tickets as well for the man city game, so not just digital, also we don't know how the digital ticket may operate, its not necessarily just a pdf as per Man City.

It will be a scannable barcode on your phone. So no difference to scanning a barcode off a PDF.

The way people are reacting about this you would think that we were the first organisation in the world to think of such a thing as a digital ticket. It's been happening for years, from airlines concerts, and yes, many football teams with very few issues. We'll be fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You can just send them the ticket. It makes no difference at the turnstile if the ticket is a plastic card, a piece of paper or on your phone. Once the barcode has been scanned for a game and the person is admitted ,then any further attempts will be refused as the ticket has been used. 

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

You can just send them the ticket. It makes no difference at the turnstile if the ticket is a plastic card, a piece of paper or on your phone. Once the barcode has been scanned for a game and the person is admitted ,then any further attempts will be refused as the ticket has been used. 

Guess we will have to wait and see if it is as you say like a ticket on your phone or something a bit smarter that is not so easily transferable. As I say I have no objection to it as long as it does not make entry slower (did not go to on of the FA cup games where there were lots of problems with entry, so unsure if it was ticket related)

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Guess we will have to wait and see if it is as you say like a ticket on your phone or something a bit smarter that is not so easily transferable. As I say I have no objection to it as long as it does not make entry slower (did not go to on of the FA cup games where there were lots of problems with entry, so unsure if it was ticket related)

I can't stress enough, it IS NOT going to be 'something a bit smarter'. Worry no more.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2023 at 10:56, eardun said:

Q&A says this, so it will just be like bank cards and plane, train, tickets etc that you load to your Apple/Google wallet on your phone. So I expect we’ll have our season card sitting in the wallet that we can access to scan just like Apple Pay etc. No phone signal needed. 

19. When will I receive my Season Ticket?
2023/24 Season Tickets will be digital so, prior to the start of the season, you will be able to add your Season Ticket to Apple/Google Wallet on your mobile phone. More information on how to do this will be issued in due course.  

I take it, this stops other people using your season card whilst on holiday or can't make a game,

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

How can it make entry slower ? You scan your phone in the same way as you would your season card. If you are worried do a quick google search and look at what many other football clubs are doing. There is even a simple users guide on the Crystal Palace official site (I quote that as I suspect with the Phil Alexander now our CEO then our system will be similar to theirs).