IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

6 minutes ago, !james said:

but that equally applies to leaving your wallet with your season card in the car or at home - people generally have their phones on them - I know I have left my wallet at home but still had my phone. I am sure the club will still offer the print at the stadium option if you dont have your phone on you like they do now for a small fee.

Yep!,left my card at home a few times ?‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely agree, but I don't necessarily think it is purely down to the ability to use the tech, it's also down to how confident or comfortable. Many have had issues getting in with printed tickets or even the season cards, the phone just adds another layer to go wrong. I only installed Apple pay when I had to, I'm not a fan of tickets in "my Wallet" and I like having something tactile to hold rather than 'imaginary' . If they offered a choice, I wonder how many would go Phone Vs Card. 
I do wonder if they could be loaded on the old / Current cards.

I think it would be heavily weighted in favour of digital. 

Yes there will be those that aren't tech savvy, but an option is being provided for those.  I don't think it's that offensive to reference an older generation as likely to have issues or not use a smart phone.  Regardless of being around for 30 years, they haven't grown up with tech and so it's inevitable there will be a good number that may struggle. I would anticipate that many of those with concerns about this will be older, however not many older fans will have concerns about it, if that makes sense. But as said, an alternative option will be provided for those.

I think the main delays at turnstiles may prove to be young children who do not have smartphones.  Whilst the parent can store their childs ticket on their device it could prove a bit of a faff at the turnstiles if you have to log out of your own account and then log back into your childs' account (which is how the "rewards" scheme works).  You would hope that you will be able to access both tickets from one account to avoid this.

It would be an interesting study to see what proportion of season ticket holders fall into various generational categories and how many in each category ask for the alternative method in an effort to find out how things can be improved.

But that would involve fan engagement and we know that the clubs idea of fan engagement is to release a god awful "rewards" package halfway through the season, or a shirt with an embarrassing stock photo badge and watch the ensuing social media meltdowns!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, !james said:

but that equally applies to leaving your wallet with your season card in the car or at home - people generally have their phones on them - I know I have left my wallet at home but still had my phone. I am sure the club will still offer the print at the stadium option if you dont have your phone on you like they do now for a small fee.

On this, whilst they do have this option, you would hope that with the money being saved on buying physical cards, they will drop the fee for reprints.  There's really no need to charge it as it is, but it really won't be a drop in the ocean to the money they're saving.

39 minutes ago, RedM said:

I can't check as I haven't got my card on me as I'm at work, but is the card branded with the old huboo wording or logo. If so they would all be redone anyway as huboo have become Huboo and they won't use the old logo.

As I said I can't remember if it is on the card.

Nothing on the card about huboo/Huboo .
I don't see why they don't offer a choice or both. If the seat can only be claimed once, they could send one for the wallet and still activate the old card, unless I'm missing something.

We will get used to it, I have use Apple pay but don't like it, but that's me.

Time will tell if it causes delays or not.

• Thanks 1

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

This has definitely affected others - seems like Jerry can resolve the issue - message via Twitter or slo@bcfc.co.uk

Amazing, thanks VftD. I even went in and updated my supporter record online (there WAS a title), but guess this is looking somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Nothing on the card about huboo/Huboo .
I don't see why they don't offer a choice or both. If the seat can only be claimed once, they could send one for the wallet and still activate the old card, unless I'm missing something.

We will get used to it, I have use Apple pay but don't like it, but that's me.

Time will tell if it causes delays or not.

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Although not worried about digital ticketing as long as it does not increase queues to get in, its been said about the cost saving of not sending out new tickets, they use to just load your new ticket on to your old card, so wonder why they went away from that as electronic and no cost to dio.

Agree with these - can't see why they can't load tickets to the current card - weren't they all brand spangly new last season?

I have a smart phone but don't use Apple pay or Google wallet - hopefully I can save the barcode/QR code in my own location on my phone rather than having to download an app I don't want.

Not a lot of noise around the renewals of tickets, usually by now the club are reminding people that early-bird prices are about to end, seats can be swapped and record numbers have weighed in. 

Did the club put them on sale too early, price them incorrectly or is everything going brilliantly?

Just wondering if we were on target, ahead of target or if sales are down. 

On 28/03/2023 at 13:52, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Agree with these - can't see why they can't load tickets to the current card - weren't they all brand spangly new last season?

I have a smart phone but don't use Apple pay or Google wallet - hopefully I can save the barcode/QR code in my own location on my phone rather than having to download an app I don't want.

I use Wallet, because I've had to with Gig tickets and shows, Trainline keep my tickets and Rail Cards. I've had to download "Dice" as I'm going to a Damned signing at Rough Trade. Just what I want, another place for tickets on my Phone :disapointed2se:

My phone locked it's self a while back, I lost everything since the previous back up. That's another reason I'f prefer a "real" ticket.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not a lot of noise around the renewals of tickets, usually by now the club are reminding people that early-bird prices are about to end, seats can be swapped and record numbers have weighed in. 

Did the club put them on sale too early, price them incorrectly or is everything going brilliantly?

Just wondering if we were on target, ahead of target or if sales are down. 

I had an email today because I haven’t renewed yet.

I’m sure there will be plenty of reminders, it isn’t even May yet.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I had an email today because I haven’t renewed yet.

I’m sure there will be plenty of reminders, it isn’t even May yet.

Yep, same.

Fully intend to renew - what the club did well this time is give a long window to keep your seat. This meant I could arrange finances that I could renew on April payday as opposed to whacking it all on a credit card first. The money is better in my account for as long as possible, so leaving it until it’s financially most convenient for me as opposed to the mad rush that normally happens with the short windows.

• Like 5

I think the main cause for concern is really about whether the digital aspect will be transferable. I’m sure the club envisaged some members not being happy/able to use a digital entry on their phones and they’ve said cards will be available, so I imagine that’s what they’ll do.

Did a quick look at two prem clubs that have a digital system.  Liverpool have the ability to store names of  friends and family that you can transfer your ticket to.
  Tottenham don’t allow transferring. (Tottenham under “ Don’t”).

So I think it really will be a case of us waiting and seeing  

E878D281-F25E-4D47-991C-08DDFD6AD986.jpeg

7DD2A6F3-74A2-4315-9106-A7DF96463916.jpeg

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

On 15/03/2023 at 10:26, lenred said:

Prices are very reasonable indeed - fair play to the club for that.  But agree - this will surely make giving your tickets to friends when you can’t go obsolete which will be a shame imho.

Should have a system like other clubs where you can legitimately transfer your ticket to someone else or sell it back to the club to resell f you are on holiday for a particular game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Should have a system like other clubs where you can legitimately transfer your ticket to someone else or sell it back to the club to resell f you are on holiday for a particular game. 

I think their argument is we very rarely sell out so there’s not a market for it, though I’m sure we soon would if we got promoted.

I seem to be one of the few looking forward to the new system as it’ll mean I can finally pass my season ticket on remotely from Devon, where before unless it was to someone else from Devon I couldn’t. Brilliant.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think their argument is we very rarely sell out so there’s not a market for it, though I’m sure we soon would if we got promoted.

I seem to be one of the few looking forward to the new system as it’ll mean I can finally pass my season ticket on remotely from Devon, where before unless it was to someone else from Devon I couldn’t. Brilliant.

I’m in total agreement @ralphindevon ?

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 11:02, 1960maaan said:

I use Wallet, because I've had to with Gig tickets and shows, Trainline keep my tickets and Rail Cards. I've had to download "Dice" as I'm going to a Damned signing at Rough Trade. Just what I want, another place for tickets on my Phone :disapointed2se:

My phone locked it's self a while back, I lost everything since the previous back up. That's another reason I'f prefer a "real" ticket.

I’m 67 and have used an iPhone for years. I can and do use Apple wallet occasionally, but still always carry cash and real plastic cards.

Like you it’s not a question of competence with technology - it’s distrust of the technology and the possibility of running out of charge. Ironically it’s surfing football sites for too long that is one reason my battery runs down. I never rely solely on my phone for  - eg - train tickets, in case my phone dies.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

I’m 67 and have used an iPhone for years. I can and do use Apple wallet occasionally, but still always carry cash and real plastic cards.

Like you it’s not a question of competence with technology - it’s distrust of the technology and the possibility of running out of charge. Ironically it’s surfing football sites for too long that is one reason my battery runs down. I never rely solely on my phone for  - eg - train tickets, in case my phone dies.

Like you, I try and avoid single points of failure. Cards, a bit of cash and an alternative to phone reliance where possible.

For me it's an as well as rather than instead of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Like you, I try and avoid single points of failure. Cards, a bit of cash and an alternative to phone reliance where possible.

For me it's an as well as rather than instead of.

Agree. Having just gone through Bristol Airport where there was a queue trying to scan bar codes on smart phones, my printed out boarding pass worked perfectly 

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

11k+ now

I was always expecting a surge in the last week or so - as I said before, the longer “keep your seat” deadline meant people could keep money in their account for longer or have more time to sort out a better priced loan. Soon as the 2nd May deadline was announced there was no way I was renewing until April payday!

• Like 2

On 25/04/2023 at 19:44, Lew-T said:

Seems pretty decent that in April, no?

Have noticed recently a number of adverts on prime time TV advertising season tickets for The Bears. I wonder if they think they don't need to advertise City tickets in that way due to the numbers sold. 

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

What is the best we've done previously , pre season and before the half Season tickets are sold.
13k seems decent.

Screenshot2023-05-08at22_29_49.png.6664f7a0fae23535f67f4d3809341d32.png

We did 13,400ish by the start of 2022/23. 13,000 on 5 May probably indicates that we will sell more than we did last season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

We did 13,400ish by the start of 2022/23. 13,000 on 5 May probably indicates that we will sell more than we did last season.

Already over 13,500.

Maybe close to 14,500 at start of season ?

Season Tickets for 2023/24 are now on general sale to all supporters after selling at a record pace during the renewal period.

More than 13,500 seats have already been renewed or purchased by existing Season Ticket holders or Members and now Season Tickets are available on general sale at an advanced price.

Following the advance price deadline, adult tickets start from £385 in the Family Area while the popular South Stand is £400 for adults – working out at just £21 per game.

Under-12s will receive a Season Ticket, including a replica outfield shirt from new kit supplier O’Neills, for as little as £60 and Under-19s start at £105.

Edited by bcfc01