IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

What about if you have a penchant for forgetting your tickets, particularly after you’ve got all the way to the away ground? This might make it idiot proof as nobody should forget their phone

You'd think so eh, but some years ago, whilst walking across Ashton Park towards the ground, I had a call from my friend's wife. She asked if I could check if (insert name here) had his phone. So I asked him & he dug into his pockets and pulled out the TV Remote Control! True story & anyone who knows me will probably (a) remember it or (b) easily guess who it was! 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I have a smartphone but would argue that the demographic of our crowd will not quite hit the 90% you suggest.

You seem to be arguing with no stats to back up what you think, obvs you can think what you want, but without anything to back it up it falls short against somebody who is actually providing stats.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Only the feckless son of a billionaire could claim that having a season ticket wasn't a luxury. Of course it is a luxury; a luxury that plenty of people I know cannot afford. And they're no less a supporter for not having one, either. 

As long as you would if you could you're as much a supporter as the rest of us. That covers everyone I hope, from the distance impaired, to the family committed, to the financially bereft, to the Saturday/nightime worker, etc. You know who you are, and it's one of us.

It's the can't be arsed people who live around the corner from the ground who would rather steal an internet stream and bitch and moan about the size of the crowd at halftime in the matchday forum, whilst burning a wad of tenner to keep warm, that grind my gears. Hopefully that's a small proportion.

35 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’d like to think they were looking at a re-sell site but it’s usually just clubs that sell out every game that are doing it. Would be great though if they did. 

I think something needs to be done about the vast amounts of empty seats we've been seeing. I'm pretty sure that's because of our large amount of u16 season ticket holders. 

If the club can get some of them resold then that equals more money into the club by way of food and drink sales.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think something needs to be done about the vast amounts of empty seats we've been seeing. I'm pretty sure that's because of our large amount of u16 season ticket holders. 

If the club can get some of them resold then that equals more money into the club by way of food and drink sales.

Red button coverage and VPN airways account for a lot I'd have thought.

24 minutes ago, James54De said:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/studies/mobile-statistics/

An easy thing to google. 96% of internet users (which itself is 95% of the UK population), own a smartphone. 

Those stats might be right, but as anyone that's needed to help a relative out knows, owning a smartphone and knowing how to use it are different things. I regularly see people struggling with scanning the cards let alone phones. Then you need to ensure you phone is charged, emails working etc. Digitisation isn't for everyone and I hope they keep some alternatives. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What happens if you can't go to the game but your child is able to go with a friend and their parent? I'm guessing all these types of scenario's have already been worked out by other guinea pigs who went before us!!

See my link to the Palace Digital ticket page. U16's get a card. I guess the same will happen here.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Does anyone know if the digital season ticket will work offline? 90% of the time I don't get any signal at the ground. I'm assuming they'll work just like digital tickets where you can just download as a pdf?

You do not need a signal. The tickets in the wallet are held on your phone. All you need a charger.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Does anyone know if the digital season ticket will work offline? 90% of the time I don't get any signal at the ground. I'm assuming they'll work just like digital tickets where you can just download as a pdf?

You'll be able to save it to your Google/Apple Wallet which works offline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You seem to be arguing with no stats to back up what you think, obvs you can think what you want, but without anything to back it up it falls short against somebody who is actually providing stats.

Most people my age don’t have a smart phone, to be honest I don’t even know what a smart phone is !!!!!  I don’t think my £10 per month Tesco phone is a smart phone

So if you can’t make a certain game,and would usually give your ticket to a friend or relative,will a digital ticket now stop this, being a bit long in the tooth and not being great on the technology front,can you send a copy of your ticket via WhatsAPP.

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

Most people my age don’t have a smart phone, to be honest I don’t even know what a smart phone is !!!!!  I don’t think my £10 per month Tesco phone is a smart phone

Uk Smartphone users.

ABBD7A31-E7D1-4EFD-AF75-EF455F0DE116.thumb.webp.bc84506cc42844c4eb3fb11c250923f0.webp

image.png.bc4d264d8421b395a601840d68029996.png

image.thumb.png.61b96377ba558fa73839291c4d281e9c.png

Some stats above to help position how big or small an issue this might be.

Notwithstanding that the club have said they will provide a solution for those without a smartphone.  Most (69%) of those aged 65+ have a smartphone.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

So if you can’t make a certain game,and would usually give your ticket to a friend or relative,will a digital ticket now stop this, being a bit long in the tooth and not being great on the technology front,can you send a copy of your ticket via WhatsAPP.

Depends on whether they are using NFC or not.

image.png.56beff8a426d3cad83dd3a962eb7fe4a.png

• Like 1

On behalf of our many amish and sabbath following supporters, I am outraged at this digital discrimination. 

I'll be sending the club a strongly worded pigeon to register my concern. 

Seriously, I'm sure the overwhelming majority of supporters will find a way to buy, use and share tickets just as they've always done, it might mean using a phone rather than a card, but the fact that they'll be making cards available for those who need one it all sounds good to me. 

The prices are spot on as well. 

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

On behalf of our many amish

Seen quite a few Amish groups whilst on holiday in the USA. Youngsters all in traditional dress with the exception of a smartphone in their hands. Admittedly, I have no experience of the Somerset Amish.

3 minutes ago, miser said:

Seen quite a few Amish groups whilst on holiday in the USA. Youngsters all in traditional dress with the exception of a smartphone in their hands. Admittedly, I have no experience of the Somerset Amish.

Did you “witness” them? ?

1 hour ago, James54De said:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/studies/mobile-statistics/

An easy thing to google. 96% of internet users (which itself is 95% of the UK population), own a smartphone. 

You are assuming that the demographic of people who go to football is the same as internet users. I would imagine that a higher proportion of younger children and older males in particular who make up the 5% of the non-smart phone owning population go to football.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How are they going to resell them when we’re not selling out?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1