IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

.........and the fact also remains that the club is still losing an absolute ******* lorry load of money every season. If season ticket sales had to cover club costs we'd all be paying £5K plus.

not a problem when we net £40m for Alex Scott in a couple of months ?

8 minutes ago, Hittheginger said:

I'd argue that inflation isn't at 10% for the club, that's a measure of the "Basket of goods". The clubs biggest cost driver is player wages and as long as those aren't linked to to the CPI then the club will not be experiencing cost inflation of 10%. Other big driver of inflation is energy prices and the club will be at least partially protected against that thanks to the solar panels on the roof. 

Fact remains that they are cutting their costs through digitising (if they aren't why are they doing it?), whilst still increasing the cost of the ticket.

If ever there was a “some people are never satisfied” post, this is it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hittheginger said:

I'd argue that inflation isn't at 10% for the club, that's a measure of the "Basket of goods". The clubs biggest cost driver is player wages and as long as those aren't linked to to the CPI then the club will not be experiencing cost inflation of 10%. Other big driver of inflation is energy prices and the club will be at least partially protected against that thanks to the solar panels on the roof. 

Fact remains that they are cutting their costs through digitising (if they aren't why are they doing it?), whilst still increasing the cost of the ticket.

Absolutely no energy support for businesses. The electricity bill for a telecoms company I work with have - for their mobile network only - seen the cost rise from 75mil to 500mil in the last year.

Okay, floodlights won't cost quite as much to run, but the day-to-day operations of HPC and Ashton Gate are going to be huge.

No wonder they invested in cold hand driers and no PA system in the Dolman! ? 

• Haha 2

It seems the club have done well with the prices. With the work the majority of fans can see what Nige is doing on the pitch. I reckon we will sell more season tickets than last season. 

Normally these annual threads get infiltrated with I’m not renewing, we won’t sell many types of posts. It’s refreshing 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Because we are a loss making entity who need to reduce that loss to comply with FFP, whilst remaining competitive to hopefully achieve future sporting success?

Season ticket price increases will make practically no difference. If you are making it more difficult for a group of fans why not just not raise the prices this year? Make it a great PR exercise about how the club knows how much everyone is suffering atm.

4 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

That, and I don't want to rent the medium (or pay 2-3x the ST cost every few years) to get into the ground. 

Sod running our whole lives on something that will crap out at the worst possible time, and will become more expensive as resources become more scarce.

If you don't want to rent/pay over the life of the contract for a mobile phone, you can adopt a similar solution to non season tickets holders...

PAY AS YOU GO! 

Oh, the classic telephonic double entendre.

(I think a little bit of me has just died). 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

?? OK: did you give up driving a car when you stopped getting a nice paper disc for your money……and in fact got nothing to show at all?! 

Taxing your car is a legal requirement in order to perform a task that is crucial in every day life.

Buying a season ticket at a football club is a luxury lifestyle choice that no one is forced to do.

You're not really getting the point...

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I have a smartphone but would argue that the demographic of our crowd will not quite hit the 90% you suggest.

I guess we neither of us know for sure! Although, as someone mentioned earlier, you’d assume the club have done some research.

But I’d make a small wager that if we stood together for 10 minutes at an entrance one game next season we’d see more than 75% of people using their phones!

(Unless, of course, the club make the alternative widely available - which is what the last missive from them above seemed to suggest. Then people will just stick with what they know)

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

.........and the fact also remains that the club is still losing an absolute ******* lorry load of money every season. If season ticket sales had to cover club costs we'd all be paying £5K plus.

The £20 increase for an adult in Lansdown centre multiplied by 14k season tickets would be an extra 280k for the club. It's a drop in the ocean

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Taxing your car is a legal requirement in order to perform a task that is crucial in every day life.

Buying a season ticket at a football club is a luxury lifestyle choice that no one is forced to do.

You're not really getting the point...

Oh, I get the point, and I’m not being entirely serious! I used to like the old books you tore a page out of each time. I like the card you wave over the machine. I still use a credit card rather than a phone.

But life moves on, and I certainly  wouldn’t refuse to buy a season ticket just because it had to be on my phone. That seems to me to be the definition of cutting off you nose….. It will become the norm very soon. 

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think you underestimate it to be honest............

I agree. Sometimes it’s not so much people can’t physically use a smart phone etc. but more that they’re happier/confident relying on an actual hard copy. Not everyone is grew up automatically being immersed in the digital age. 
  I understand we need to go green, but allow people time to adjust. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

PAY AS YOU GO! 

Which, as I explained earlier, means you have to buy the unit outright.

Which, for a phone that isn't shit, is a minimum of 1-3x the Season Ticket price *on top of the Season Ticket* every few years.

Edited by sephjnr

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oh, I get the point, and I’m not being entirely serious! I used to like the old books you tore a page out of each time. I like the card you wave over the machine. I still use a credit card rather than a phone.

But life moves on, and I certainly  wouldn’t refuse to buy a season ticket just because it had to be on my phone. That seems to me to be the definition of cutting off you nose….. It will become the norm very soon. 

Not for those who don't have a smartphone and will never get a smartphone it won't...........like my Uncle. If that was the ultimatum he wouldn't go any longer, it's that simple. The club need to be aware of that and not drive those supporters out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Not for those who don't have a smartphone and will never get a smartphone it won't...........like my Uncle. If that was the ultimatum he wouldn't go any longer, it's that simple. The club need to be aware of that and not drive those supporters out.

But that’s exactly the point. The norm. Not the only option. There will always be exceptions, but that’s what they’ll be, and the majority of us will just treat it as second nature to use the phone, just as we have those once new fangled cards! 

35 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I know that’s not going to be popular with us fans, but from the club’s perspective it’s got to be a big plus, hasn’t it? They’re not supposed to be transferable, so it’s not like we’re being prevented from doing something we’d otherwise be able to (legitimately) do. 

It's a shame because when I've brought friends (who 100% wouldn't otherwise go) then they always spend money on food and drink. One person who used to come with me on the odd occasion he got a freebie eventually got his own season ticket. 

But, we are making assumptions at this point. It might just be a QR you can send over

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But that’s exactly the point. The norm. Not the only option. There will always be exceptions, but that’s what they’ll be, and the majority of us will just treat it as second nature to use the phone, just as we have those once new fangled cards! 

Tbf having seen the latest release the club do seem to have made a physical season ticket an option for those that want one. At least there is a choice and those that choose hard season tickets might have to accept that they won't get the same season ticket benefits as those going digital because they are costing the club more money. With that seemingly ironed out it has to be said that the prices are very reasonable and I would expect a good take-up next season.

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Neither do young kids…

Presumably on parents phone?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Chap I sit next to at Senior Reds doesn't have a mobile of any sort, yet goes to every game, home and away. Must have spent many thousands following City over the years. I don't suppose that he is the only one. So a physical card must be available for those who want/need it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Chap I sit next to at Senior Reds doesn't have a mobile of any sort, yet goes to every game, home and away. Must have spent many thousands following City over the years. I don't suppose that he is the only one. So a physical card must be available for those who want/need it.

The club have already said there will be a physical card as well for those who need it.