IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The club have already said there will be a physical card as well for those who need it. 

I know, but "need" or "want"?

I would prefer the certainty of a physical card. I don't have unreserved faith in the digital system working 100% without fail 100% of the time.

It was only recently, for one of the cup games that the system wasn't working and for some, hand written tickets were being issued ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m fairly confident the club will continue to provide a solution for transferring your seat to a friend if you, as a season ticket holder, cannot attend a game. I’d expect this to require said friend to have a ticketing account with the club and for you as the season ticket holder to contact support services so they can allocate your seat to that friend, issuing them with a print from home/digital ticket for the game. 

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I would prefer the certainty of a physical card. I don't have unreserved faith in the digital system working 100% without fail 100% of the time.

It was only recently, for one of the cup games that the system wasn't working and for some, hand written tickets were being issued ?

The Swansea game was a ball ache but if it’s a case of the club sending one QR code for the entire season, I can’t see how that’s going to be any more faff than remembering to pick up your season ticket on match day. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But how do we get around the fact thousands of under 16s and OAPs etc don't have phones? 

Parents will be able to have their children's tickets on their phones, and you'd be surprised how many OAPs (my parents included) have smartphones.

Besides, this is all irrelevant, as the club have said that physical tickets will be available if needed.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well it's quite obvious the club have little way of distinguishing between those who "need" and those who "want".

I think we can rest assured that Curtis Fleming won't be doing dawn raids and Jon Lansdown won't be interviewing fans under caution.

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The Swansea game was a ball ache but if it’s a case of the club sending one QR code for the entire season, I can’t see how that’s going to be any more faff than remembering to pick up your season ticket on match day. 

Always got my season card with me. It's in my smartphone wallet ?

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Well it's quite obvious the club have little way of distinguishing between those who "need" and those who "want".

I think we can rest assured that Curtis Fleming won't be doing dawn raids and Jon Lansdown won't be interviewing fans under caution.

If they only issue cards for a fee then I suspect many of the "want" category will have second thoughts. 

More controversy over shirts and season cards than the football!

? for a win or draw tonight.?

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

When we had those few games of having to show a covid pass to get into the ground, every single person I saw showing theirs was doing so on their phone. 

I’d almost erased this from memory, what a terrible period of time that was. Half of this forum also wanted it to remain a permanent thing forever, how silly they must feel now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Parents will be able to have their children's tickets on their phones, and you'd be surprised how many OAPs (my parents included) have smartphones.

Besides, this is all irrelevant, as the club have said that physical tickets will be available if needed.

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The same as when under 16’s tickets for the cinema are sent via a QR code, just add them to the parents Apple/Google wallet. It’s really not that difficult to do. 

The problem is actually going through the turnstiles. It's awkward. The adult has to stand there and lean over and scan it and then the child walks through. I've done it a few times this season with the cup games. 

So yes it's not difficult to add it but actually physically entering the stadium then does become difficult, especially if you have multiple children with you. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

The problem is actually going through the turnstiles. It's awkward. The adult has to stand there and scan it and then the child walks through. I've done it a few times this season with the cup games. 

So yes it's not difficult to add it but actually physically entering the stadium then does become difficult.

It takes seconds, my boy will scan his ticket and pass my phone back as he’s walking through to scan my ticket. Took no more than 5 seconds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do like having a little card but they did overdo the packaging last year. I got a free key ring as well didn’t I?

Sad Rabbit GIF by Muffin & Nuts

It's quite a change from making an extra effort to present the Season Ticket in a nice way (if OTT) to going fully digital. I liked the gesture behind the packaging on last season's and the key ring was a nice touch. Digital isn't the end of the world but does seem a bit of a shame after putting in that effort last season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'd be more worried if Jon decided to capture these Curtis interview using the 'court room sketch artist' technique. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm with you there.

I've had problems at Train Stations with tickets, Airports and add batteries being shite. Plus while I was out a month ago my phone locked itself and I had to reset it . I'd forgotten to back it up for almost a year, so theres that.

I have heard of people sharing a ticket, makes sense if you are going to miss a lot of games. 
I would much prefer a physical ticket , be interesting to hear about the process.

• Like 1

Jon Lansdown has updated the guidelines in answer to the smartphone issue.

" Any supporter without a smartphone can simply WhatsApp me a DM with a screenshot of their old ST and I'll message them an encrypted link that they can upload detailing the process."

Simples

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It takes seconds, my boy will scan his ticket and pass my phone back as he’s walking through to scan my ticket. Took no more than 5 seconds. 

I've got a phone that cost a thousand quid. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable handing my phone to a child to scan it, especially if it was a young child. 

• Haha 1

I'm thinking this is going to be easier for me to lend my card out. 

At the moment if I can't go and a friend in Bristol wants it its not really possible. 

Now I'll be able to sent it to their phone. I am wondering if the one code is for the whole season or a new one gor each game. 

You'd certainly have to trust the person if it's for the srason. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've got a phone that cost a thousand quid. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable handing my phone to a child to scan it, especially if it was a young child. 

You’re just being silly now. 

As always, change is scary but once everyone realised how much easier having digital tickets is, there won’t be much of a fuss.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just to note, that lot over the road tried digital only and had to back out:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-changes-season-7369596.amp

You’d hope we were a bit more advanced than them, but the problems identified may be common.

I think part of the problem was that their Babestation subscription was inadvertently linked to all season tickets. Bit embarrassing for Wally. 

• Haha 3

Just now, ralphindevon said:

I'm thinking this is going to be easier for me to lend my card out. 

At the moment if I can't go and a friend in Bristol wants it its not really possible. 

Now I'll be able to sent it to their phone. I am wondering if the one code is for the whole season or a new one gor each game. 

You'd certainly have to trust the person if it's for the srason. 

It's possible they'll be looking to introduce a re-sale process - other clubs have done it in the past so if you're not able to make a particular game, you might get something back from the secondary market, unlikely to be full cost, but it might be better than nothing.

I'm sure that things like this, the cost of season tickets, making tickets available for the Amish, the change in kit, the change in badge and everything else forms part of the extensive SCAT meetings they have and that the club has raised these points so that SCAT can go away and get views and opinions from all sections of the support....... 

Not blaming SCAT by the way - I'm going to reason they've been given no further information than anyone else.

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You realise that it was probably a child who put the phone together in the first place, yes?

#OooohPoliticalChildLabourLaws

• Like 1
  • Flames 1