IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Prime seats ?

There are good seats available all over the ground for non-STH (like me), with the exception of the South Stand, which wouldn’t be considered prime.

The reality is, until the day when demand exceeds supply, there is very little incentive for the club to resell season ticket seats. It just becomes a substitutional sale for another ticket, and therefore doesn’t generate any additional revenue.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

On behalf of our many amish and sabbath following supporters, I am outraged at this digital discrimination. 

I'll be sending the club a strongly worded pigeon to register my concern. 

Seriously, I'm sure the overwhelming majority of supporters will find a way to buy, use and share tickets just as they've always done, it might mean using a phone rather than a card, but the fact that they'll be making cards available for those who need one it all sounds good to me. 

The prices are spot on as well. 

You may well take the piss out of those who just don't understand, but for some it will be a challenge.

I've never bothered with Google pay or Wallet (never needed it), but after reading this thread and getting an email from the club, I thought it was about time I did. Took under 5 minutes, so to those who are a bit concerned about it - don't be, it really is simple.

Or ask for a card :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Look at the prices charged up Gloucester Road by the bluenoses u18s north terrace £518 ffs ours is cheap as chips 

42A23215-67AD-4985-8695-7F95D6F2C249.jpeg

70605280-2F06-40F0-8BED-73F59CE9A8B2.jpeg

I had no idea a Babestation subscription was that expensive and as for vintage phoney Fanta and vintage crips, they must be shelling out bundles at the Mem.

Maybe they can raise additional revenue if the season ticket pricing scheme they've adopted fails using the premium website 'OurOnlyFan' where Joey dresses down for clicks and likes. 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Look at the prices charged up Gloucester Road by the bluenoses u18s north terrace £518 ffs ours is cheap as chips 

I'm guessing that was for 2 tickets an adult and an U18. Just (not surprisingly) poorly worded by Mr Kruger. Still flipping expensive for League one football in that sh...hole.

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Don't we have something like 2000 u16 season ticket holders? Maybe more. So that's not really a very small proportion?

I've got a car too, I won't let an 8 year old drive that either.

I didn’t think 16 was a cut off point in the pricing - which maybe why I thought your children were older than 8! (Probably don’t need a £1000 phone at that age!!!)

I thought the thresholds were 12, 19, 22, something like that. And I’d bet most of those over 12 will have a phone. 

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

£15 increase for adults and seniors in Lansdown wings from what I can see.

I’ll take that!

From memory I think I paid £440 this season but possibly it was £425 but I’m not sure. So  there’s no increase for next season on £440 but only £15 if it was £425.

Thats a good deal in my view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

That'll be the collective price for him and his son(s), not just him.

6 hours ago, harrys said:

Most people my age don’t have a smart phone, to be honest I don’t even know what a smart phone is !!!!!  I don’t think my £10 per month Tesco phone is a smart phone

I'm sorry but that's just hyperbole, there are plenty of surveys conducted which state that older people mostly have smart phones, here's one survey albeit from the US https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/fact-sheet/mobile/

21 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I'm sorry but that's just hyperbole, there are plenty of surveys conducted which state that older people mostly have smart phones, here's one survey albeit from the US https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/fact-sheet/mobile/

Just thinking about all the over 60’s in my family and don't think any of them have a smart phone and what’s more I don’t trust statistics 

9 hours ago, eardun said:

Don’t see why you’d have to hand your phone around. Adult gets child’s ticket up on phone and scans it and child walks through. Adult then gets his/her ticket up on same phone, scans it at walks though him/herself. Precisely the same process as when I book train tickets for more than one person on my phone and we go though the barriers - the phone doesn’t leave my hand as I scan each person through. 

Exactly what I do and never an issue at the train station, but I guess everybody has their own process. Maybe others hadn’t thought of this way and will give it a try next time?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harrys said:

Just thinking about all the over 60’s in my family and don't think any of them have a smart phone and what’s more I don’t trust statistics 

Just thinking about my family, both my parents are over 70 and have one, both my wife's parents are over 70 and have one, my Aunty is 85 and has one. 

On 15/03/2023 at 10:20, Dredd said:

Cynical of me but I wonder if the new digital tickets make them non transferable so if you miss a game you can't let a friend use your card

What if you get a new phone though