IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

Scenario:

Digital season card :

Family turn up, Dad, Mum, Grandad, three kids. 4 of these have no phone. Dad goes in on his digital wallet, has to wait other side, select kid 1 ticket in wallet, scan it for kid 1, let kid 1 in, find kid 2 ticket in wallet, scan it for kid 2, let kid 2 in etc etc. how long ffs

Plastic Season card:

Family turn up , Dad (or Mum) dish out tickets away from turnstiles, all go straight through turnstiles in line...

Watch the queues

Should be option for card or digital, or both

• Like 1

Quick Query, not involving the digital side of the ST’s.

As season tickets are available to purchase on Monday, if someone buys a new seat, will there old one be available after they purchase a new one? 

10 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Scenario:

Digital season card :

Family turn up, Dad, Mum, Grandad, three kids. 4 of these have no phone. Dad goes in on his digital wallet, has to wait other side, select kid 1 ticket in wallet, scan it for kid 1, let kid 1 in, find kid 2 ticket in wallet, scan it for kid 2, let kid 2 in etc etc. how long ffs

Plastic Season card:

Family turn up , Dad (or Mum) dish out tickets away from turnstiles, all go straight through turnstiles in line...

Watch the queues

Should be option for card or digital, or both

Easy. Mum and Dad have tickets on their phone. Grandad has a plastic card as do the kids ( most premier League clubs issue plastic card to under 18 /16's I suspect we will do the same).

9 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Quick Query, not involving the digital side of the ST’s.

As season tickets are available to purchase on Monday, if someone buys a new seat, will there old one be available after they purchase a new one? 

Not immediately no, I don't think. I believe its after the move my seat and other deadlines have passed.

That's what a friend of a friend was told anyway

On 15/03/2023 at 15:35, Kingswood Robin said:

As a fan of the arts and crafts movement, I'll be fashioning my own card using traditional tools and materials !

Ah. The long-forgotten traditional craft of making chip and pin cards Like thatching and dry stone walling all the old craftsmen have died out and the youngsters aren`t interested.

Twas a much simpler life back in the olden days.

• Robin 1

City’s IT system has improved! For renewal, instead of having to do the usual log on process on the Bristol Sport website, the link in the text message I received took me directly to the page where I renewed. City are finding quicker ways of taking your money 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

City’s IT system has improved! For renewal, instead of having to do the usual log on process on the Bristol Sport website, the link in the text message I received took me directly to the page where I renewed. City are finding quicker ways of taking your money 

Were you given the option of having a card “or” digital?

Looks like it will be seamless - once I manage to get the final member of the group in the list, who finally bit the bullet with a half season ticket. I have just double-checked that she is linked to me in the relationship section (I got her Man C ticket, so I know it worked then as well) - but she is not showing on the renewal page

37 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Renewed. I guess the VIP option is something to do with eating in the Lansdown restaurant before games? Looking forward to the thread about getting a physical season card in about 4 months time.

I assumed the VIP season ticket option was that as well - although it could be for a ‘very important plastic’ season ticket ? 

2 hours ago, semblar said:

Looks like it will be seamless - once I manage to get the final member of the group in the list, who finally bit the bullet with a half season ticket. I have just double-checked that she is linked to me in the relationship section (I got her Man C ticket, so I know it worked then as well) - but she is not showing on the renewal page

one phone call over lunch and was visible for me. You need a "Strong relationship" for season ticket renewals to be visible apparently. All done and very quick ?

On 15/03/2023 at 13:26, CyderInACan said:

You'd think so eh, but some years ago, whilst walking across Ashton Park towards the ground, I had a call from my friend's wife. She asked if I could check if (insert name here) had his phone. So I asked him & he dug into his pockets and pulled out the TV Remote Control! True story & anyone who knows me will probably (a) remember it or (b) easily guess who it was! 

During lockdown I posted this on Facebook.

"Generally I feel I have coped well with lockdown, being furloughed and the new pressures that this has all brought. But then I get questions from my wife along the lines of “Is there a good reason you have put the salt pot in the fridge?”, and I begin to wonder........"

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

During lockdown I posted this on Facebook.

"Generally I feel I have coped well with lockdown, being furloughed and the new pressures that this has all brought. But then I get questions from my wife along the lines of “Is there a good reason you have put the salt pot in the fridge?”, and I begin to wonder........"

:facepalm:

Don't worry. At least it wasn't taking up much room. You'll start to get frustrated when you find there's no room for the corn flakes.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Just renewed in S24! Has anyone collected their £6.87 cash back?

That's a scam. A paid for cashback deal. I think they charge you a tenner a month or something equally ridiculous. If they cared a bit more they wouldn't do that. Just make sure you don't click it by mistake. Does anyone have a ruleset in ublock origin/ad blocker of choice so this doesn't appear?

• Like 1