IGNORED

Season Ticket Release

TBW

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope, just screenshot your ticket and send it to them. It’ll only work once though, so you cant send it to more than one person. 

When my wife went to Wales v England she screenshot her ticket. On the app it flashes to show it’s been screenshot and they took her phone of her and scanned it. So if the phone was refused entry as the screenshot user had gone through they know why and refuse her entry and eject the other as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

A quick google search shows that it should be possible to transfer it to a friends phone.

Yeh my mate got given a Man utd season ticket for the stretford end and they use digital tickets, had to just transfer it over via apple wallet somehow, but it is 100% possible 

• Like 1

Just spoken to supporters services regarding physical season cards as we don’t have smart phones, was sign up now select digital ticket and club will sort out later, I don’t trust them, once they got you money, that it’s they got you where they want you, diabolical really 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, andy mead said:

Just spoken to supporters services regarding physical season cards as we don’t have smart phones, was sign up now select digital ticket and club will sort out later, I don’t trust them, once they got you money, that it’s they got you where they want you, diabolical really 

…apart from all the comms saying there will be an option ??‍♂️

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, andy mead said:

Yes, I agree. I'm still waiting for parking costs in the Winterstoke Road car park. Being on crutches I don't have to option to say, sod that price, I'll park in Ashton Road.

Last season was £320 for 23 home league games. This season could be as high as £25 per game or, an eye watering £575 for the season!

So no way will I renew (or not) until parking costs are confirmed.....

8 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes, I agree. I'm still waiting for parking costs in the Winterstoke Road car park. Being on crutches I don't have to option to say, sod that price, I'll park in Ashton Road.

Last season was £320 for 23 home league games. This season could be as high as £25 per game or, an eye watering £575 for the season!

So no way will I renew (or not) until parking costs are confirmed.....

You spoken with Rob, he’s normally got the inside track on the parking prices?

9 minutes ago, andy mead said:

This should have been foreseen and sorted out before season tickets being made available 

@RedM you seem to be well informed on possible options…guessing it’ll be something along the lines of an option of a) a physical card or b) print your barcode each game???

Suspect trying to cut the cost of producing 13k plastic cards and the postage costs, rather than anything sinister to stop you swapping it with mates game to game.

Edited by Davefevs

3 minutes ago, andy mead said:

This should have been foreseen and sorted out before season tickets being made available 

I'm not sure what your issue is. Apart from not actually needing your ticket, physical or otherwise, for another 4 months at least. And as people have said for those without phones, a vast minority, there will be an option.

Do you not have a mobile phone at all, as that is pretty much all you will need. Not some state of the art phone, just a bog standard mobile phone. I do have some relatives who are in their 80's and 90's and they have a phone they can at least use and be contacted on. 

As I said before it will be no more sophisticated than the COVID passes we had, how did you manage then?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, andy mead said:

Do you honestly not trust the club? What do you think they'll do - take your money and do a runner without sorting out your ticket? 

**** sake, they're not fraudsters. 

There will be hundreds of fans in a similar situation to you and it will be absolutely fine.  

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm not sure what your issue is. Apart from not actually needing your ticket, physical or otherwise, for another 4 months at least. And as people have said for those without phones, a vast minority, there will be an option.

Do you not have a mobile phone at all, as that is pretty much all you will need. Not some state of the art phone, just a bog standard mobile phone. I do have some relatives who are in their 80's and 90's and they have a phone they can at least use and be contacted on. 

As I said before it will be no more sophisticated than the COVID passes we had, how did you manage then?

Blimey, that was quick!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You spoken with Rob, he’s normally got the inside track on the parking prices?

@RedM you seem to be well informed on possible options…guessing it’ll be something along the lines of an option of a) a physical card or b) print your barcode each game???

I would guess so yes, and it's just a guess. Obviously the club is getting in line with what we are used to re concert, train tickets etc and at the same time getting away from plastic.

Also there will be no chance of forgetting the ticket and paying for reprints either, unless people forget their phone. Perhaps it might be possible to access your account from another phone if that's the case, dunno.

I guess it's all up in the air at the mo, perhaps they didn't envisage the sheer volume of people saying they can't/won't use a phone. 

I'm sure by the time we will need them, months away yet, we will all be sorted.

• Like 1

Just spoke to the club on ticket office phone line, they were very vague just saying "just book the ticket and it will be sorted out in the next couple of months", my concern is my dad doesn't have a smart phone nor use email so won't renew until we have confirmation what exactly will be put in place. I asked if this would be sorted out before the lose your seat deadline in May and they said probably not, quite poor really asking fans to part with hard earned cash without knowing the full details of what they are paying for.

47 minutes ago, andy mead said:

Should have sent them a pigeon, just to underline your concern. 

• Haha 3

• Admin
3 hours ago, Libertine Dream said:

Just spoke to the club on ticket office phone line, they were very vague just saying "just book the ticket and it will be sorted out in the next couple of months", my concern is my dad doesn't have a smart phone nor use email so won't renew until we have confirmation what exactly will be put in place. I asked if this would be sorted out before the lose your seat deadline in May and they said probably not, quite poor really asking fans to part with hard earned cash without knowing the full details of what they are paying for.

The club have said there will be the option. 

What is the problem? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Libertine Dream said:

Why not put your email address down for his account (or create a new email address for him that you can access). Then you can print the emails and send to him via snail mail. Not sure why email is required in this instance though as all details will be on the OS.

You do know the full details of what you are paying for. i.e Access to a particular seat in the ground for 23 home matches, priority for Away and cup matches, enrolment in the 'amazing' rewards scheme, reduced CATS travel etc.

On 24/03/2023 at 18:53, OliOTIB said:

Yeh my mate got given a Man utd season ticket for the stretford end and they use digital tickets, had to just transfer it over via apple wallet somehow, but it is 100% possible 

Hmm. There are usually two or three games a season I can't go to (next season, I'll miss all of January's games) and I give my card to a variety of friends and relatives, at least one of whom is quite elderly.

This is going to make this a bit more fiddly and uncertain than before. I'm not sure my elderly relative will make the hour-long journey to Ashton Gate to use an entry system they haven't used before and may cause them problems. 

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hmm. There are usually two or three games a season I can't go to (next season, I'll miss all of January's games) and I give my card to a variety of friends and relatives, at least one of whom is quite elderly.

This is going to make this a bit more fiddly and uncertain than before. I'm not sure my elderly relative will make the hour-long journey to Ashton Gate to use an entry system they haven't used before and may cause them problems. 

Yeh it will be a pain in the arse, but the club I think are more focused on modernising the system, making AG futuristic, and have a low carbon footprint, and a lot of seniors will believe that it is simpler, and maybe didnt take into account the older generation 

• Admin
51 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Yeh it will be a pain in the arse, but the club I think are more focused on modernising the system, making AG futuristic, and have a low carbon footprint, and a lot of seniors will believe that it is simpler, and maybe didnt take into account the older generation 

I wouldn't call it futuristic, it's bringing the club in line with how many other organisations and services operate 

It's pretty insulting to insinuate not taking older people into account, they will be fine adapting to this, it really isn't that difficult to use 

It's a natural reaction that people don't like change, but it will all be second nature before we know it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

If it’s going to be a bit like the Covid vaccine passes we had, like has been mentioned, maybe you’ll be able to screenshot and print the code and give that to your elderly relative.

I can remember going abroad and needing to take my covid pass to bars, restaurants etc and as I didn’t always want to take my phone out with me I took a printed version instead, no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Did a Google search and it seems you can share stuff from Apple wallet, something I hadn’t appreciated. Details on the attached screenshot. I just tried it out on something on my wallet. Hopefully the City season ticket allows this since, if so, it might even be handier than a plastic card as the latter means you have to meet outside the ground to hand over the card which sometimes isn’t ideal when people are travelling from afar/different directions/running late. 

I’ve also read about some digital season tickets refreshing before each match so that the code you scan is match specific. Anyway it will all become clear in due course. 

825C6CC9-DAAB-43C4-A05F-FA69A4BB4CFB.png

For reference, regarding the older people that some posters are raising concerns about. I work in a supermarket and regularly serve people on the checkouts. I think you would be surprised how tech savvy some of the older generation are, paying via apple/Google layby tapping their phones to the keypad, or apple watches. It is done by many.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedM said:

For reference, regarding the older people that some posters are raising concerns about. I work in a supermarket and regularly serve people on the checkouts. I think you would be surprised how tech savvy some of the older generation are, paying via apple/Google layby tapping their phones to the keypad, or apple watches. It is done by many.

Absolutely agree, but I don't necessarily think it is purely down to the ability to use the tech, it's also down to how confident or comfortable. Many have had issues getting in with printed tickets or even the season cards, the phone just adds another layer to go wrong. I only installed Apple pay when I had to, I'm not a fan of tickets in "my Wallet" and I like having something tactile to hold rather than 'imaginary' . If they offered a choice, I wonder how many would go Phone Vs Card. 
I do wonder if they could be loaded on the old / Current cards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I wouldn't call it futuristic, it's bringing the club in line with how many other organisations and services operate 

It's pretty insulting to insinuate not taking older people into account, they will be fine adapting to this, it really isn't that difficult to use 

It's a natural reaction that people don't like change, but it will all be second nature before we know it

I totally agree and it's staring to grate a little with posters on here that keep saying older people wont be able to use the system / phones / email etc. FFs the internet and mobile phones are not a new thing they have been around for 30 years or so. Anyone of the 'older' generation would have been in their 40's / 50's then and so have had 30 odd years to get used to using the internet and mobile phones. If they have chose not to embrace this technology during that time they have no reason to complain now. 

I don't think there has been one single comment, in this thread, from an 'older' person actually saying they can't use a mobile phone. Seems to me that people just want to bash the club for being innovative and now doing what a large number of clubs introduced a year or  two ago.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely agree, but I don't necessarily think it is purely down to the ability to use the tech, it's also down to how confident or comfortable. Many have had issues getting in with printed tickets or even the season cards, the phone just adds another layer to go wrong. I only installed Apple pay when I had to, I'm not a fan of tickets in "my Wallet" and I like having something tactile to hold rather than 'imaginary' . If they offered a choice, I wonder how many would go Phone Vs Card. 
I do wonder if they could be loaded on the old / Current cards.

I can't check as I haven't got my card on me as I'm at work, but is the card branded with the old huboo wording or logo. If so they would all be redone anyway as huboo have become Huboo and they won't use the old logo.

As I said I can't remember if it is on the card.

Only one problem with the ticket on your phone for me,there have been a couple of times when I’ve left my phone in the car,having had to park about 15 minutes from the ground,so 15  minutes to the ground,15 minutes back to the car and 15 minutes back to the ground,not a mistake I’d want to make more than once,I’d be knackered.

21 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Only one problem with the ticket on your phone for me,there have been a couple of times when I’ve left my phone in the car,having had to park about 15 minutes from the ground,so 15  minutes to the ground,15 minutes back to the car and 15 minutes back to the ground,not a mistake I’d want to make more than once,I’d be knackered.

but that equally applies to leaving your wallet with your season card in the car or at home - people generally have their phones on them - I know I have left my wallet at home but still had my phone. I am sure the club will still offer the print at the stadium option if you dont have your phone on you like they do now for a small fee.

• Like 1