IGNORED

Harry Cornick

old_eastender

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The people saying about criticising Cornick after two months and multiple poor performances was judging too early, are the same people who now after one good game are making out he is Messi ?

Yes he played well but this needs to be a regular occurrence, not an every now and again thing.

Who's done that? Can you show us?

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The people saying about criticising Cornick after two months and multiple poor performances was judging too early, are the same people who now after one good game are making out he is Messi ?

Yes he played well but this needs to be a regular occurrence, not an every now and again thing.

So sorry he has spoiled your night. Please try not to cry too much.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The font of all knowledge Ian Gay blaming him for not tracking Ramsey for their 1st goal. His job was hard enough tracking Giles, Ramsey was definitely not his man!!

Wasn’t Cornick’s man…he was watching Ryan Giles.  Just watched it back.

Poor tracking initially by Sam Bell on Tommy Smith.  Half-hearted, thinking he’s got him covered, but Smith has the half a yard he needs.  Tough to blame Tanner, Vyner and Pring either, 3 on 2 (Tanner on Crooks, Pring to block the low cross, Vyner with Akpom).  Ramsay free, shit happens.  Most goals are a result of situational overloads in a passage of play.  It’s kinda how we get our goals too.

Not unlike Ian is it to want to take away some credit from a player who’s had a good game? ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t Cornick’s man…he was watching Ryan Giles.  Just watched it back.

Poor tracking initially by Sam Bell on Tommy Smith.  Half-hearted, thinking he’s got him covered, but Smith has the half a yard he needs.  Tough to blame Tanner, Vyner and Pring either, 3 on 2 (Tanner on Crooks, Pring to block the low cross, Vyner with Akpom).  Ramsay free, shit happens.  Most goals are a result of situational overloads in a passage of play.  It’s kinda how we get our goals too.

Not unlike Ian is it to want to take away some credit from a player who’s had a good game? ?

Interesting watching Cornick yesterday. Obviously did his stuff up front, but was quite often back supporting in the right had side and covering Tanner. A few have said that Tanner was out of position too often. Not sure about that - personally thought that Tanner was tucking in trying to help Andy King out and Cornick was helping with the gap that was left. All in all. Cornick put in a hell of a shift yesterday, quite apart from the goal and he assist, Good to see.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The font of all knowledge Ian Gay blaming him for not tracking Ramsey for their 1st goal. His job was hard enough tracking Giles, Ramsey was definitely not his man!!

Ian is knowledgeable.

Defending tasks should alter when a team is outnumbered and out of shape. Cornick could have done more. Getting closer to the first defenders to provide balance, cover and support versus would have been an improvement. 

• Haha 1

I for one am glad he has had a decent game to take the (unnecessary) heat off. Personally I don't think he has played too badly since arriving in January. Depends what people were expecting from a bit part player from Luton for £600k. To me he is an awkward so and so that will cause defenders problems due to his 'style' Yesterdays first goal being a prime example where he seemed to bumble through a couple of defenders, played a good one two with Weimann before playing an inch perfect pass to Sam Bell. Decent in the air, gives 100%, links up play well, can score goals...worth every penny as decent squad player imo.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Interesting watching Cornick yesterday. Obviously did his stuff up front, but was quite often back supporting in the right had side and covering Tanner. A few have said that Tanner was out of position too often. Not sure about that - personally thought that Tanner was tucking in trying to help Andy King out and Cornick was helping with the gap that was left. All in all. Cornick put in a hell of a shift yesterday, quite apart from the goal and he assist, Good to see.

Yes, Looked like clear tactics to defend narrow, to help out King and James, who would have to deal with both Akpom dropping into pockets and Ramsay drifting around.

We got outnumbered at times, but that’s gonna happen against good sides.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I for one am glad he has had a decent game to take the (unnecessary) heat off. Personally I don't think he has played too badly since arriving in January. Depends what people were expecting from a bit part player from Luton for £600k. To me he is an awkward so and so that will cause defenders problems due to his 'style' Yesterdays first goal being a prime example where he seemed to bumble through a couple of defenders, played a good one two with Weimann before playing an inch perfect pass to Sam Bell. Decent in the air, gives 100%, links up play well, can score goals...worth every penny as decent squad player imo.

600k? Try half, maybe even a little less than half of reports are true!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cornick played well yesterday.

A goal and an assist, as well as pressing well and generally being a thorn in the side for the Boro defenders.

What's not to like?

But he has to maintain this level of performance.

"Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
We're going down the pub
We're going down the pub"

Cheers Harry !
Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

Tbh I think hes always been decent. Not a starter every week for me, but someone who can come on when were 1/2 nil up next season and run himself out for us. Good utility player, which is what I think the management team wanted from him.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Ian is knowledgeable.

Defending tasks should alter when a team is outnumbered and out of shape. Cornick could have done more. Getting closer to the first defenders to provide balance, cover and support versus would have been an improvement. 

Bless him! Ian in this case has a point for their first goal. However the player had an excellent game. 

19 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Who's done that? Can you show us?

Plus some (certainly me) wouldn’t agree that he’s had multiple poor performances. There’s a difference between getting up to speed/okay performances as he does that, vs knocking in double hat tricks every game. Ie it’s more that critics won’t get off the scape goat’s back until they perform like Messi, than non critics suggesting he did perform like Messi. 

• Like 1

Woke up this morning feeling fine,

Got Harry Cornick on my mind ?

What we're the rest of the words to that song? Love hearing that he's getting some love from the stands ?

19 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Good interview.

Seems a genuinely nice bloke who is already well ‘on message’.

Little wonder Nige called him ‘low maintenance’. Hoping for more ‘high output’ performances from him like yesterday.

Good luck to the lad. Slowish start, but hope he becomes a real asset and key squad member in the future. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Searles said:

Delighted for him. Well done Harry.

Me too. 

I said earlier, the only way to win over doubters (like me) and haters (like some of those posting ridiculous OTT social media about him) was to have a very good game. 

His last appearance at AG convinced me he was growing into the side and reports from the away games were also encouraging, so, I thought NP was fair enough giving him a start.

What a difference to some of his anonymous earlier performances. Getting stuck in, gliding past markers, holding the ball and releasing it delightfully. 

I figured he might come good (here) this summer, but I was about 6 games out. 

One swallow maketh not a summer, said some bald Greek bloke once, and it's true that when Boro turned the screws after 55 minutes, Harry, like many of the other starters, sort of faded rapidly.

HOWEVER, colour me a non-doubter. You can see the way he can fit into the forward line/advance midfield role and even if we haven't got a 20-goal a season man, he can play a very handy role in 23/24. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

A goal and an assist, as well as pressing well and generally being a thorn in the side for the Boro defenders.

What's not to like?

"Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
We're going down the pub

Cheers Harry !

No, I don't want a cup av tea

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

What's not to like?

"Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
Come on come on
Hurry up Harry come on
We're going down the pub

Cheers Harry !

You can ring Sam Beeeeeeeeeeeeee ell ell, ring Sam Bell

Sam Bell, ring, you can ring...

Edited by Curr Avon

55 minutes ago, Loïs said:

Woke up this morning feeling fine,

Got Harry Cornick on my mind ?

What we're the rest of the words to that song? Love hearing that he's getting some love from the stands ?

Woke up this morning feeling fine

Got harry cornick on my mind

Citys number 9 and he looks so fine

Oh yeah

Something tells me im into to something good

(to the tune of Into something good by Hermans Hermits)

30 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Woke up this morning feeling fine

Got harry cornick on my mind

Citys number 9 and he looks so fine

Oh yeah

Something tells me im into to something good

(to the tune of Into something good by Hermans Hermits)

I think the last line gave it way

Well it did for an old git of my age