IGNORED

Harry Cornick

old_eastender

3 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

My take on it is, when fans boo'd Low and Sam Bell at right back, its not the player they are booing per se, just the fact that that player shouldnt be in that position at that particular time, and are actually booing the management. Same with the Cornick substitution, more booing Conway being replaced than HC coming on.

Conway was always going to only play 60 minutes. I think this thread should be binned in fairness to Harry. It is one of the most puzzling I've ever come across on OTIB.

Edited by AppyDAZE

17 hours ago, Northern Red said:

But surely it would be fairly obvious that Conway wouldn't be playing 90 minutes given that he's been out for 3 months?

That's nothing to do with not paying attention.

Only if you’re not really stupid.

There used to be a bloke sat a few rows behind me in the Dolman who kept shouting “forward” every time we defended a set piece.

Not “keep your shape” or “press the ball” but he simply wanted everyone to run out as if it was cubs football.

I got so fed up with it I turned around & said “listen to Arsene Wenger” the last time, it could be coincidence but he doesn’t sit there anymore.

There are some absolute ******* idiots, mind.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

My take on it is, when fans boo'd Low and Sam Bell at right back, its not the player they are booing per se, just the fact that that player shouldnt be in that position at that particular time, and are actually booing the management. Same with the Cornick substitution, more booing Conway being replaced than HC coming on.

My take on that view is I really doubt Nigel Pearson really gives a flying **** what they think but the recipients, be that Sam Bell, Josh Low or indeed Cornick, do.

They’re morons.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

My take on that view is I really doubt Nigel Pearson really gives a flying **** what they think but the recipients, be that Sam Bell, Josh Low or indeed Cornick, do.

They’re morons.

Not sure Josh Low, the ex Gas player would care, but Joe Low might.

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

My take is different.

We have a really impressive academy - long in the making and producing good players. They are City and some are the future of our club. The "I will boo" contingent for whatever their reason are pathetic. Teenagers are mentally more vulnerable that a seasoned pro like HC . Whilst both are wrong, the 'kids' stepping up need total support irrespective of what position or when or where any manager decides they should play or mistakes that they will make.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

My take is different.

We have a really impressive academy - long in the making and producing good players.

They are City and some are the future of our club.

The "I will boo" contingent for whatever their reason are pathetic teenagers, are mentally more vulnerable.

There you are. FTFY.

On 02/04/2023 at 15:15, Red-Robbo said:

Maybe there are more idiots in the SS?  :laughcont:

There is a chap in our row who clearly goes off and does a line or two mid half, comes back with eyes like saucers (and last time most of it around his nose) then gets pointlessly aggressive with everything and everyone, slagging off the players etc etc.

was actually told to STFU recently by the quietly spoken guy in front when it all got too much

He's clearly not alone, and this just  contributes to some of the outright stupidity that we all hear and see.

so lets not take it as gospel that these fans are genuinely critiquing the team / tactics - they are probably shouting at the leprechauns on the pitch ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

On 03/04/2023 at 12:30, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

You write that as though it's a form of justification. All it actually does is make the person booing seem as thick as mince. Anybody with the remotest football brain would understand why Conway was hooked after an hour on Saturday. I mean you would need to be as thick as **** not to get that. Nobody can be that stupid can they? Nah, not possible.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You write that as though it's a form of justification. All it actually does is make the person booing seem as thick as mince. Anybody with the remotest football brain would understand why Conway was hooked after an hour on Saturday. I mean you would need to be as thick as **** not to get that. Nobody can be that stupid can they? Nah, not possible.

Not justifying it at all, merely stating why our Neanderthals might consider booing.

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

22 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Not justifying it at all, merely stating why our Neanderthals might consider booing.

I may be wrong, but hadn't NP already suggested in his press conference that T Conway was fit, but would only be given 60 minutes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Yes but how many actually watch those things. 

Anyone who appreciates the  @Jerseybean MDT which always includes this. It's always worth the read for both all the official news as well as which Viking met his death whilst inventing football etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

He even said so on Radio Bristol,  that Conway would get 45 - 60 minutes only, cant be clearer than that!

I don't think some fans of the club really follow what is going on, outside watching the home games. Guy who sits near me was surprised to learn last match about the Sykes suspension and Scott injury - I give him a BCFC news catch-up before games. 

There are lots of fans who don't "follow" the club with the avidness of most on here. That's fair enough. 

However, even for the most casual fan, I would've thought it had been obvious why a manager doesn't risk playing a striker who's just returned from a lengthy injury for 90 minutes.

The only people who can express surprise are those not following the club at all, for whom Reading was their first match for a long time (or ever) and who might've been puzzled as to why an effective performer was being subbed.

Even then, you don't boo. Pointless and stupid behaviour. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just thought I’d resurrect this.

I thought he was excellent second half, chased everything down, gave us an out ball & won a decent amount in the air.

We are running on low numbers & he certainly proved his value today.

Glad to hear it. I think he's a useful utility player; a lot of people seem to have been expecting a goal scoring striker.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought he was excellent second half, chased everything down, gave us an out ball & won a decent amount in the air.

Really did work hard. He needs a goal, but so did Mehmetti!

On 06/04/2023 at 12:26, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think some fans of the club really follow what is going on, outside watching the home games. Guy who sits near me was surprised to learn last match about the Sykes suspension and Scott injury - I give him a BCFC news catch-up before games. 

There are lots of fans who don't "follow" the club with the avidness of most on here. That's fair enough. 

However, even for the most casual fan, I would've thought it had been obvious why a manager doesn't risk playing a striker who's just returned from a lengthy injury for 90 minutes.

The only people who can express surprise are those not following the club at all, for whom Reading was their first match for a long time (or ever) and who might've been puzzled as to why an effective performer was being subbed.

Even then, you don't boo. Pointless and stupid behaviour. 

Wish hed put some shin pads on and pull his socks up! I love his effort but again see nothing in him

Edited by BS30 City

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bang on,he is a squad player probably not a starter but we all need players to put the effort in and he will do that non stop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I'm not sure he actally won a lot in the air? He was certainly challenging for a few headers and was putting a shift in. He linked up well, but we still haven't seen anything especially impressive from him yet. Looks to me like he's still settling, but there wasn't anything to grumble about today. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Yep, 

Today we saw a fairly prolonged glimpse of "why we bought him" to paraphrase some of the haters.

He was a big part of some very tidy, quick and incisive one touch football in the opposition final third and its clear that the understanding between the players is growing. Him and Wells seem to have a decent understanding (seems we can say that about every player with Wells, it's becoming more and more evident that he's a phenomenal strike partner).

He's not the man to be getting on the end of things, but his workrate and vision for 1-2's could be a major part of our attacking identity next season. 

Yep, made similar comment on MDT re linking up with Wells.  Think the reverse is true too…Wells needs someone to play close to him, either alongside him or off of him.  Second half Weimann got close to him, running beyond, then Cornick playing narrower, drifting in, giving an option for the left to right diag.  So many opponents hit that ball and play off the bits and pieces.  Pring hit a few and we tried to play off him.  Which is a bit more like Luton’s style.  It’s something that’s a bit more difficult for Vyner to do (right to left), although I think Mehmeti has a physical presence about him, gets his body in the right place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s pushing it a bit.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 13:15, GrahamC said:

There used to be a bloke sat a few rows behind me in the Dolman who kept shouting “forward” every time we defended a set piece.

Haha I think we must have been sat in a similar place.

Pretty sure it was 'FORRRWURRRRDDD' every time we were passing it around the back. Me and @Coxy27 enjoyed it so much we use it ironically at every opportunity.

• Haha 1