IGNORED

Harry Cornick

old_eastender

11 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Fun that the OTT criticism, abuse and wetherspoons MNF punditry on here and social media has now transitioned to the stadium. 

I was assured it wouldn't. 

What fun.

Such a shame. It’s already forced me away from the club’s social media. I thought Ashton Gate was an escape. 

It’s mostly positive and knowledgable on here in comparison tbf 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It’s really sad, isn’t it?

I found Mehmeti really frustrating today, trying to be far too over elaborate & attempting to beat one man too many.

It would never enter my head to boo him though, how would that help anyone?

Agree. His end product currently is very poor. Hopefully a few more games and a decent pre season will do him the world of good. 

41 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Sorry to say Harry's a bag of shite a bad signing.hope he improves.to me he brings nothing to the team.

As for today 2 poor sides.reading probably the worst side we have played at home this season.lets hope we have enough points.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion and all that, but that's a shockingly poor post.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It’s really sad, isn’t it?

I found Mehmeti really frustrating today, trying to be far too over elaborate & attempting to beat one man too many.

It would never enter my head to boo him though, how would that help anyone?

I said this about Anis after game one. He has a tendency to run into traffic and not get his head up - undoubted ability, but a bit too much towards “playground footballer” for me at present. I’m only concerned if we get to next season and he’s still the same

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I struggle to understand why they think a footballer's life is any different to their own. In any walk of life when you change jobs it's always difficult initially, even if your new job is the same skillset as your old one, you need to learn the dynamics of the company, learn the new processes and get to know how others work around you. Add to that, moving to a new part of the country and you have lots of potential distractions from your actual job.

Mehmeti's issue is slightly different I think, he sounds incredibly driven and he wants to get to the top, yesterday, I think he is just trying too hard and overthinking things.

Hopefully after the summer they will have the chance to come to terms with where they are and what they need to do, until then the boo boys can **** off, we drowned out the "anti-Vyners" let's do the same with the Cornick booers.

I actually (bizarrely) think Anis lacked confidence today - the confidence to go early and pull the trigger. The one that sticks out is about ten minutes to go when Andi squared it (hard) to him. The move was to shift it onto left foot and fire, but took too long. His shots when he did have them were tame. Might be overthinking as you say, but I think there is a degree of self doubt - he’s clearly not finding it as easy at this level as he did at L1, but hopefully that’s a short term thing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Ok what has he brought to Bristol city so far.

So what your saying is, because in your opinion he hasn’t “brought” anything to the club, that warrants his own fans booing him?

On 15/03/2023 at 22:43, old_eastender said:

Up to now, reinforced by poor sub appearances, wondering why we signed a near 28 year old forward, with a goal record in the Championship of just 1 in every 5 or 6 games. Could not watch tonight's game, so wondering how do he do having been given his 1st start?

Give him time. A pre season and a fitter player,  he can become good for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Some boos today when his named got called out as he came on for Conway.  Incredibly shit support from those fans 

Complete and utter ‘ing embarrassment. Shame on those booing our own player who is  trying to settle in at a new club and new environment.   Utterly pathetic.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, redsocks said:

Sorry to say Harry's a bag of shite a bad signing.hope he improves.to me he brings nothing to the team.

As for today 2 poor sides.reading probably the worst side we have played at home this season.lets hope we have enough points.

I think you need to lay off the alcohol to be honest,what a pathetic post!

3 hours ago, Kolsch said:

Disgrace the reaction he got today. Didn’t think he did too bad, but even if he was abysmal we still shouldn’t boo players in a red shirt ever.

Was there a lot of booing?  I can honestly say I didn't hear it.

Maybe I'm going deaf. 

Did well when he came on. Almost scored a Beauty with the last kick. He’s going to make a lot of ‘fans’ look very stupid next season. 

Fair amount of booing by me in the south stand. Total embarrassment. But I’m sure they’re proper fans who probably also demand refunds after bad performances. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Did well when he came on. Almost scored a Beauty with the last kick. He’s going to make a lot of ‘fans’ look very stupid next season. 

Fair amount of booing by me in the south stand. Total embarrassment. But I’m sure they’re proper fans who probably also demand refunds after bad performances. 

Ohhhhh it’s all coming out now Pete! The chief booer are we ??

• Haha 8

I didn’t hear any booing when he came on but don’t doubt it happened. Some of our ‘fans’ have history where this kind of thing is concerned, and it’s as depressing as it is predictable. Quite what these people think they’re helping when they act like that is beyond me. Coming on to that kind of reception when you’re lacking in confidence anyway must be an absolute nightmare. What is the point? 

I thought Cornick did ok when he came on yesterday. He offered plenty of energy, pressed well and looked after the ball as well as I’ve seen him so since joining us. I’ve seen comments on Twitter about him ‘stealing a living’ and the like and I just see that as embarrassing. He’ll continue to get better, if these morons haven’t hounded him out by then, and when he does I hope they give him the credit he deserves. 

13 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Yesterday was the best I've seen him play for us since signing. He also operates in an area where our play looks least defined. We don't have that purpose/telepathy in the final third. That needs to evolve when Scott and others leave and new players come in, hopefully Cornick will play a part in that.  

Yeah I thought he looked decent enough yesterday, I struggle to think of anything he did wrong.

weimann was out for a while and is struggling for form yet gets a completely free pass. He was woeful yesterday and if Cornick put in that performance would have been given absolute pelters

Cornick has barely played this season and is slowly finding his feet, and I think just needs a goal to get a bit of a spring in his step. For me he offered more than both weimann and wells yesterday in just 30 minutes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Yeah I thought he looked decent enough yesterday, I struggle to think of anything he did wrong.

weimann was out for a while and is struggling for form yet gets a completely free pass. He was woeful yesterday and if Cornick put in that performance would have been given absolute pelters

Cornick has barely played this season and is slowly finding his feet, and I think just needs a goal to get a bit of a spring in his step. For me he offered more than both weimann and wells yesterday in just 30 minutes.

Others have said he played well yesterday, but I am with you, I thought he was dreadful yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Yesterday was the best I've seen him play for us since signing. He also operates in an area where our play looks least defined. We don't have that purpose/telepathy in the final third. That needs to evolve when Scott and others leave and new players come in, hopefully Cornick will play a part in that.  

Yep, agree with this.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

I didn’t hear any booing when he came on but don’t doubt it happened. Some of our ‘fans’ have history where this kind of thing is concerned, and it’s as depressing as it is predictable. Quite what these people think they’re helping when they act like that is beyond me. Coming on to that kind of reception when you’re lacking in confidence anyway must be an absolute nightmare. What is the point? 

I thought Cornick did ok when he came on yesterday. He offered plenty of energy, pressed well and looked after the ball as well as I’ve seen him so since joining us. I’ve seen comments on Twitter about him ‘stealing a living’ and the like and I just see that as embarrassing. He’ll continue to get better, if these morons haven’t hounded him out by then, and when he does I hope they give him the credit he deserves. 

I guess these are comments by the entitled Twitter young ones, which the only thing lower than their age is their IQ

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I guess these are comments by the entitled Twitter young ones, which the only thing lower than their age is their IQ

I don't think young ones use "Twittah" anymore, too much like writing, innit? It's all "Insta", and Tiktok now mate. :)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, city1983 said:

I thought Weimann was quite a threat in the first half but just faded out of the game. He seems to have lost his 90 minutes zip. 

Cornick has now had 420 minutes for us, so I'd not say "hardly played" for us. He also played in 22 matches this season for Luton - and was playing for them the week before he joined us, but I agree he didn't really do anything wrong. I disagree that he looked better than other forwards. 

Given Conway's time out, it made sense to rest him after an hour, but I think - had we been able to play Tommy for the full 90 minutes - that he might've tucked away some of those late chances.

C'est la vie!

As many have said, he's gone through a massive upheaval professionally and domestically moving from one club to another. Fans tend to forget that players are human too.

Maybe he was settled at Luton but starting to slip down the pecking order so this opportunity came up & thinking of furthering his career he made the move. He'll be better when he gets that first goal. He just needs to feel a part of this club. He just needs the support of everyone.

Booing him is senseless and so negative, like that's meant to spur him on? With that sort of support they need to go to Chernobyl. Some people are so thick.

• Like 2