IGNORED

Plymouth.

stephenkibby.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Massive win for them today after such a poor result last week.

For those who think they’ve blown automatic, after playing Charlton at home today Ipswich visit Peterborough then Barnsley.

Let’s see what the table looks like then.

C’mon Deano, put one over on your old boss.

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For those who think they’ve blown automatic, after playing Charlton at home today Ipswich visit Peterborough then Barnsley.

I was chatting to an Argyle ST holder yesterday and he was incredibly worried about today after last week. He really thought they`d end up in the play offs and then **** it up again.

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Indeed,. Plymouth by contrast have Shrewsbury away followed by 3 home games against Cambridge, Gas, and Burton ending with a trip to Port Vale. 

Now top 2 points clear of Wednesday and 4 points clear of Ipswich ........ I can't see them slipping up now.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I was chatting to an Argyle ST holder yesterday and he was incredibly worried about today after last week. He really thought they`d end up in the play offs and then **** it up again.

Of course they still could, but twice, after Wembley & the Lincoln setbacks they have gone away & won, a good sign.

For them today was like us having to go to Rovers & win to stay in contention, I know the idea of us playing those jokers in a league game seems just ridiculous, but you get my drift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Huge, went from 3rd to first as a result.

Game in hand on Wednesday, in a great position after tough back to back away wins.

Plymouth would be gutted if they ended up in the playoffs now.

They’ve had 2 disastrous visits to Wembley, one a few weeks ago…….or maybe it’ll be time to turn it around and win promotion in style. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Plymouth would be gutted if they ended up in the playoffs now.

They’ve had 2 disastrous visits to Wembley, one a few weeks ago…….or maybe it’ll be time to turn it around and win promotion in style. 

They are coming up now. That last minute winner,gona happen.

look forward to it another 4/3 Boxing Day win coming up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Strange scenes in the league below where Orient are on the pitch celebrating promotion……but the game isn’t finished as there was a delay because of floodlight failure.

I heard on the radio that they got promoted at the weekend? Because 3 clubs couldn't finish above them as they can't all pick up max points cos they have fixtures against each other?

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I heard on the radio that they got promoted at the weekend? Because 3 clubs couldn't finish above them as they can't all pick up max points cos they have fixtures against each other?

Apparently 6th place Bradford could have mathematically caught them before tonight.

Wish they were going up to our league as they’re the only London club I’ve not visited.

Say it quietly but tonight I was really hoping for a Bristol Rovers win.   Sorry.  ?         Sheffield Wednesday are proving erratic in the league and we at ITFC have to take advantage of any slip ups from them and Plymouth.       Unfortunately both teams won, I was not pleased to learn the Devonians scored in added time as it cost us a place at the top of the League.        League One is horrible, it's really tough to get out from.      You can only be in this league and fighting for a promotion place to understand what a hike it is to make it out and back to Championship level.   

We ourselves laboured to a home win over Port Vale.    Scored late from a penalty to win it.     Didn't see Ashton making a song and dance or anything.  No Histrionics.    In fact it was lacklustre for a time and the Staffs team could just have easily taken a point from it.  

Wasn't as effective as past games and we seemed tired and devoid of ideas at times.    Suppose excuses can be made after winning the last one   6 - 0   at the weekend.  

Don't know why but look out for Derby County's result every round of games we play.     They're unlikely to be promoted but remind me of a comedy act that has had it's day and running on it's last legs but just continue to the end and can't seem to allow themselves that's it's over.      Kind of like Laurel and Hardy in Atoll K or something.  ?

8 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Say it quietly but tonight I was really hoping for a Bristol Rovers win.   Sorry.  ?         Sheffield Wednesday are proving erratic in the league and we at ITFC have to take advantage of any slip ups from them and Plymouth.       Unfortunately both teams won, I was not pleased to learn the Devonians scored in added time as it cost us a place at the top of the League.        League One is horrible, it's really tough to get out from.      You can only be in this league and fighting for a promotion place to understand what a hike it is to make it out and back to Championship level.   

We ourselves laboured to a home win over Port Vale.    Scored late from a penalty to win it.     Didn't see Ashton making a song and dance or anything.  No Histrionics.    In fact it was lacklustre for a time and the Staffs team could just have easily taken a point from it.  

Wasn't as effective as past games and we seemed tired and devoid of ideas at times.    Suppose excuses can be made after winning the last one   6 - 0   at the weekend.  

Don't know why but look out for Derby County's result every round of games we play.     They're unlikely to be promoted but remind me of a comedy act that has had it's day and running on it's last legs but just continue to the end and can't seem to allow themselves that's it's over.      Kind of like Laurel and Hardy in Atoll K or something.  ?

Two big games coming up for your boys. Peterborough (a) Sat, Barnsley (a) Tues.  Win one will probably see you up.  Not win either, even two draws, and it will be a nervy last 2 games.

9 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

We spent 8 seasons trying to get out of it in the 2000s. The top end of the League is extremely competitive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It’s very likely that one of the three, probably Wednesday or Ipswich will be missing out on promotion with a points total in the mid 90s. Insane. Anybody know the record number of points accumulated without being promoted?

Pretty sure Preston had 89 points and ended 3rd in 2014/15 when we won the League. They did subsequently go and win the Playoffs though.

EDIT: Just checked. Sheffield United ended up 3rd in 2011/12 and were on 90 points.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So if either Ipswich or Wednesday fail to pick up maximum points at the weekend, and Plymouth win, then Plymouth can clinch promotion against Rovers? I'd love that.

That would be mint. A sold out Home Park with a couple of dozen fewers huddled in a corner (slagchat will say 2000) being roundly taken the piss out of. Pity it`s not on Sky.

Happy days.