IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Would love the current bottom three, Everton, Leicester and Southampton to come down. Three nailed on away days next year.

I'd agree with that. I'd be fine with away trips to West Ham or Leeds too. I feel no excitement about away trips to Forest or Bournemouth* though.

*I could be excited about a trip to Bournemouth but you just know it's not going to be a sunny Saturday afternoon in August or May...

28 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd agree with that. I'd be fine with away trips to West Ham or Leeds too. I feel no excitement about away trips to Forest or Bournemouth* though.

*I could be excited about a trip to Bournemouth but you just know it's not going to be a sunny Saturday afternoon in August or May...

Would rather go to Bournemouth than both Leicester and Leeds!

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I have to say I hadn`t realised what a crap season Chelsea are having. Five/six games to go and still (mathematically) could go down.

It wouldnt surprise me if they lost their remaining games. In total free fall. Absolute basket case of a club

Ah well, Frank knows the club...

Just now, Johnr1986 said:

Saints are gone , then two from Everton , Forest, Leeds ,

would love an away day at Goodison providing it’s 3pm on a Saturday, and not a Tuesday evening. 

Be surprised if any game at Goodison is 3pm on a Saturday, they will be on Sky every week won't they ?

• Like 1

Tonights game will be tasty and could well decide the fav for the drop, please let it be Everton with Forest or Leeds to join them. Liecs seem to have tougher games on run in but hope they stay up.

Edited by gl2

On 28/04/2023 at 10:23, Davefevs said:

I get this.

Not saying this is your view, but there is definitely an en vogue school of thought that “more pretty passing teams” is the proxy for “better standard of football”, and because there are probably only 2 true passing teams in the Champ - Burnley and Swansea, that the standard is low.

Yet I look at Luton - they are the most frantic, direct, fast-paced team in the division, just because it isn’t pretty passing patterns does that mean they aren’t high standard.

Just my 2p.  More than one way of being good!

I've only seen one good side Dave and that was Saturday.  QPR and West Brom played well but they looked like they were in good form and we were passive in both games. Burnley barely got into 3rd gear. Everyone else is decidedly average, including Sheff U who basically fluked their wins against us. Luton are very good at what they do, but the fact this has seen them finish 3rd by a decent margin says it all. They were poor at the Gate too.  

Next season there will be 6 Parachute payment sides.   The 3 remaining from this season have struggled to challenge but I suspect both Norwich and West Brom will do much better.  Watford is interesting - only got one year of PPs left and a couple of good players who are saleable. Will they trade them? 

I suspect Southampton will be decent, though they will probably lose Ward-Prowse.  They have a young squad that you presume will more or less stay together. Everton will have players fighting to leave, as will Leicester and Forest.  Leeds I suspect would keep most of their side.

Hopefully a couple of these Prem sides will be seduced by the idea of a Kompany type manager.  

Being one of those people who makes a trip with my wife out of away days, I have earmarked 3 potentials already, Plymouth (long weekend in Cornwall) is in Southampton (visiting family) almost done, and Everton hopefully a new ground for me (We love Liverpool for a break). Being retired now means that it doesn't really matter if any of those are midweek or moved for TV coverage. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

I've only seen one good side Dave and that was Saturday.  QPR and West Brom played well but they looked like they were in good form and we were passive in both games. Burnley barely got into 3rd gear. Everyone else is decidedly average, including Sheff U who basically fluked their wins against us. Luton are very good at what they do, but the fact this has seen them finish 3rd by a decent margin says it all. They were poor at the Gate too.  

Next season there will be 6 Parachute payment sides.   The 3 remaining from this season have struggled to challenge but I suspect both Norwich and West Brom will do much better.  Watford is interesting - only got one year of PPs left and a couple of good players who are saleable. Will they trade them? 

I suspect Southampton will be decent, though they will probably lose Ward-Prowse.  They have a young squad that you presume will more or less stay together. Everton will have players fighting to leave, as will Leicester and Forest.  Leeds I suspect would keep most of their side.

Hopefully a couple of these Prem sides will be seduced by the idea of a Kompany type manager.  

I think it’s only 5 PPs next season….the 3 relegated plus Norwich and Watford (both 2nd of 2 years, ie their final years PPs).  West Brom were only on 2 years also but this is their 2nd season, so they run out this year.

If I’ve missed someone, please let me know.

Southampton will likely be fine as you say.

Everton could do a Sunderland and go straight down…there’s even talk of them going bust!

Any of Forest, Leeds or Leicester would be strong, agreed.