IGNORED

Old music you're listening to

City Rocker

On 17/02/2024 at 20:21, spudski said:

Always get goose bumps with this track. Loved em. 

Great track. One of my absolute favourites. There is a version on YouTube that they did which is accoustic after MH died and is fantastic.

Went to see a band in the Largs Hotel, Adelaide back in the late 70's. They were called The Farriss Brothers.  Went out on the batter with them after the show.  They later changed their name to INXS.  My claim to fame !!

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Great track. One of my absolute favourites. There is a version on YouTube that they did which is accoustic after MH died and is fantastic.

Went to see a band in the Largs Hotel, Adelaide back in the late 70's. They were called The Farriss Brothers.  Went out on the batter with them after the show.  They later changed their name to INXS.  My claim to fame !!

That's awesome fella. Proper hard-working touring band. 

I've seen them 19 times now. Last time was in Coolangatta, but sadly after Michael had passed away. 

I did get to chat with them when they played the Victoria Rooms. 

Don't change gives me Goosebumps every time.

That's so cool that you hung out when they were the Farris Brothers. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

That's awesome fella. Proper hard-working touring band. 

I've seen them 19 times now. Last time was in Coolangatta, but sadly after Michael had passed away. 

I did get to chat with them when they played the Victoria Rooms. 

Don't change gives me Goosebumps every time.

That's so cool that you hung out when they were the Farris Brothers. 😎

Live Baby Live is a DVD I never tire of.  Kirk Pengilly always says he regrets they didn't include Don't Change on the CD / DVD.  Try and find the YouTube accoustic version as it really is amazing and very different. 

Also, saw AC/DC in the same pub around the same time.  The good old days.

Found it !!

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Live Baby Live is a DVD I never tire of.  Kirk Pengilly always says he regrets they didn't include Don't Change on the CD / DVD.  Try and find the YouTube accoustic version as it really is amazing and very different. 

Also, saw AC/DC in the same pub around the same time.  The good old days.

Found it !!

Yes I have seen it mate. I'm also on the Live Baby Live DVD. I was right at the front. What an amazing gig that was. Everyone in the moment, not a phone in sight. 

Wow...ACDC in a pub...amazing.

I used to be into Icehouse as well. 

Did you ever see them?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes I have seen it mate. I'm also on the Live Baby Live DVD. I was right at the front. What an amazing gig that was. Everyone in the moment, not a phone in sight. 

Did you ever see them?

Love Icehouse but never seen them. Remember them early days when they were known as Flowers.  Watch them a lot on YouTube also. Great Southern Land is an all time classic. Did you give me a wave at Wembley ?

Edited by BigTone

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Did you ever see them?

Not sure if you have heard of Cold Chisel but they became Oz legends. Worked with their lead singer Jimmy Barnes for a while in Port Adelaide. Was at one of their first gigs at the Flamingo Ballroom in Christies Beach. Next time was as support to Peter Frampton on his Comes Alive tour.

Edited by BigTone

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Love Icehouse but never seen them. Remember them early days when they were known as Flowers.  Watch them a lot on YouTube also. Great Southern Land is an all time classic. Did you give me a wave at Wembley ?

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Not sure if you have heard of Cold Chisel but they became Oz legends. Worked with their lead singer Jimmy Barnes for a while in Port Adelaide.

Yeah I loved Icehouse, Iva Davis is a genius imo. GSL is probably Australia's National Anthem now. 

Glad you were at Wembley. Awesome. 

I know Jimmy Barnes...did a great track with INXS. Good Times. Got the 12". 

Also liked a band called Noise works. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Yeah I loved Icehouse, Iva Davis is a genius imo. GSL is probably Australia's National Anthem now. 

Glad you were at Wembley. Awesome. 

I know Jimmy Barnes...did a great track with INXS. Good Times. Got the 12". 

Also liked a band called Noise works. 

100% correct with Good Times.

Ah Jesus, we need to go for a pint.  Noiseworks are fab also.  Another was the Hoodoo Gurus who I shared a flight with from Brisbane to Cairns that my liver regrets to this day.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

100% correct with Good Times.

Ah Jesus, we need to go for a pint.  Noiseworks are fab also.  Another was the Hoodoo Gurus who I shared a flight with from Brisbane to Cairns that my liver regrets to this day.

Seems we have a lot in common 😀👍😎

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Seems we have a lot in common 😀👍😎

Indeedly doodly

Steve Balbi the bassist with Noiseworks has brought out a couple of solo CD's which are remarkably good.  Worth a listen.

Edited by BigTone

Just now, BigTone said:

When I lived in Brisbane I worked for a company based in Melbourne. I spent all my time travelling as my area covered Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory and Papua New Guinea. Would fly home on a Friday, play football on a Saturday & rugby league on a Sunday before heading off again.  This song became my anthem.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

When I lived in Brisbane I worked for a company based in Melbourne. I spent all my time travelling as my area covered Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory and Papua New Guinea. Would fly home on a Friday, play football on a Saturday & rugby league on a Sunday before heading off again.  This song became my anthem.

That's a nice story mate...I can see why. 

I spent 6 months in Oz a few years back. Did the East Coast and based myself in Coolangatta so I could learn to surf. 

I came across a band I'd never heard of, well at least they don't get airtime in the UK. 

This became my ' anthem ' from that time. 

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's a nice story mate...I can see why. 

I spent 6 months in Oz a few years back. Did the East Coast and based myself in Coolangatta so I could learn to surf. 

I came across a band I'd never heard of, well at least they don't get airtime in the UK. 

This became my ' anthem ' from that time. 

Yep, heard of them and quite enjoyed.  A lot of Oz music back in the day was very underated IMO.

I lived in Noosa on the sunshine coast for yonks as well as Nambour, Macleay Island & Toowoomba.

Edited by BigTone

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yep, heard of them and quite enjoyed.  A lot of Oz music back in the day was very underated IMO.

I lived in Noosa on the sunshine coast for yonks as well as Nambour, Macleay Island & Toowoomba.

I loved Noosa...classy spot..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigTone said:

You seem to have lived everywhere, I'm surprised you ever had time to visit Ashton Gate , which game was it ?  🤣

26 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You seem to have lived everywhere, I'm surprised you ever had time to visit Ashton Gate , which game was it ?  🤣

I have indeed been something of a wanderer (not Wolves I hasten to add) Lived in Oz, Ireland, Morocco, Saudi, UK and France. Also was a regular visitor to USA for work (about every 6 weeks) but don't hold that against me. Try and visit AG when possible which isn't as often as I would like.

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1

Playing old echo and the bunnymen albums,saw them last night at gloucester guildhall and seeing them in bristol Wednesday. 

Great live although the lead singer rambles on incoherently between songs much to the annoyance of will sergeant the lead guitarist!

• Like 2

On 01/03/2024 at 20:45, AppyDAZE said:

I love all those swinging 60s London short films. Totally magical. I was born in 1961, so I was only a kid when the 60s were happening, but I think somewhere inside, it all made a deeep impression on me. Love it.

Never a better time for girls/women (late 60's, early 70's) they all looked bloody lovely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Never a better time for girls/women (late 60's, early 70's) they all looked bloody lovely.

Wish I'd been a teenager/ early 20s in the 60s and early 70s. Before my time. But I watch old footage from back then and imo you are totally correct. Plus the music was fresh. Sounds odd...but I wish I was older so I could have experienced that.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Wish I'd been a teenager/ early 20s in the 60s and early 70s. Before my time. But I watch old footage from back then and imo you are totally correct. Plus the music was fresh. Sounds odd...but I wish I was older so I could have experienced that.

Yes, it was great !

• Like 1