IGNORED

Old music you're listening to

City Rocker

7 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Just giving Stranglers 'Rattus Norvegicus' a blast for the first time in yonks, still a brilliant album all these years on.

Love Black and White and Raven too.

Never seems to sound that dated.

A clever band.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

A thought to be lost TV appearance by Sweet from their "bubble gum" period. "Fringetastic" :)

Wow, great find! And three years later they were doing this. What an awesome rock band and what an incredible drummer Mick Tucker was. The Sweet were so underrated. 

• Like 5

On 05/01/2024 at 14:20, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Recent second hand acquisitions with Christmas money, courtesy of the excellent Longwell Records 👌🏻

IMG_4119.jpeg

Great little shop, I'm due a visit. Last time I got a Staple Singers album and did the rounds of the Charity shops and came away with about 12 CD's 

This seems as good a thread as any to put this. 
We took a little walk up Clevedon Pier today and went around the museum. in one area they have a list of people with links to the area and I noticed this.

Sid.thumb.jpg.1f9f3b6f8da6f1e4fcaad632683af20f.jpg

It occurred to me that someone on here may even have memories of "young Johnny Ritchie"? 

It seems he wasn't there long, it's not even mentioned on Wikipedia, but I did find this. 

https://www.punk77.co.uk/punkhistory/sid_i_knew.htm

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I meant to post this a while back. 

Better late than never I guess, shame it's posthumous for Walter Becker.

https://www.vulture.com/2024/01/steely-dan-rem-songwriters-hall-of-fame.html?fbclid=IwAR2pXMklTM3IQqZElkf5egIxOB94SYOTD2GSkF6W1zB6ZMT_2T4j-53WnOg

Love this song

https://youtu.be/kR5Ki6jjPaY?si=EXkExsw4UAoT0EYk

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This seems as good a thread as any to put this. 
We took a little walk up Clevedon Pier today and went around the museum. in one area they have a list of people with links to the area and I noticed this.

Sid.thumb.jpg.1f9f3b6f8da6f1e4fcaad632683af20f.jpg

It occurred to me that someone on here may even have memories of "young Johnny Ritchie"? 

It seems he wasn't there long, it's not even mentioned on Wikipedia, but I did find this. 

https://www.punk77.co.uk/punkhistory/sid_i_knew.htm

Great story! I'd read before that Sid lived down that way for a while (I thought Weston) with his mum when he was a kid. They also had a stint on Ibiza. 

I seem to recall hearing about one of his mates (could have been Jah Wobble or one of the Johns) saying Sid came back to school in London with a west country accent. Can you imagine?! "Ere Nancy, where's me smack babs?" 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Great band - very popular in Europe but never made it here. John Watts still touring but almost exclusively in Germany/Netherlands.

Listening to them as you write.  They were popular in Australia when I lived there.

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ok, one more

They are doing the Cognac festival here in France this year it seems.

• Thanks 1