IGNORED

Old music you're listening to

City Rocker

Aged 11 or 12,  they were the first band I ever seriosously got into, the first band I ever saw live... not a bad standard to set.

And I thin k his is the first ever TOTP thing I ever saw  that made me think **** I want a guitar

Now I've got 15 of the ******* and counting.. cant stop myself from buying them

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Flames 2

OMG, if you like rocknroll, and you like punk rock, and you like perfect pop melodies, then here's a record you're gonna frikin love.

Demob - No Room For You

From just up the road in Gloucester, one of my favourites from the John Peel show back in the day. Fab DIY video as well 

I thought I had posted this here before, but it must have been in a different thread. I have found myself playing this a lot lately, just something about the driving beat that makes it sound fresh even today. I wonder if it's ever been sampled? I think it should be.

It appears you have to click on the "Watch on YouTube" link to play it.

How old is old.

Do like some Oasis and their earlier stuff the mid 1990s. Muse are still going albeit have been for a while.

Twenty One Pilots came across the other day, alright range of songs. Been going a while but not really heard of them before.

They formed in 2009 and amended form in 2011 the last one.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 20/06/2023 at 23:04, AppyDAZE said:

Aged 11 or 12,  they were the first band I ever seriosously got into, the first band I ever saw live... not a bad standard to set.

And I thin k his is the first ever TOTP thing I ever saw  that made me think **** I want a guitar

Now I've got 15 of the ******* and counting.. cant stop myself from buying them

I’ve seen lots of memorable gigs over the years, but probably my biggest regret is not seeing Queen live in their prime, at a big venue.

Although weirdly I did actually see them at the Colston Hall in 1973 when they were support band for Mott the Hoople!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I’ve seen lots of memorable gigs over the years, but probably my biggest regret is not seeing Queen live in their prime, at a big venue.

Although weirdly I did actually see them at the Colston Hall in 1973 when they were support band for Mott the Hoople!

So did I!

Was Suzy Quatro also playing at that concert, or was it BJH?

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So did I!

Was Suzy Quatro also playing at that concert, or was it BJH?

I don’t remember either, to be honest. Although it was a long time ago! 

I think I saw Suzy Quatro play there around about the same time, supporting Slade (along with Thin Lizzy). Did you go to that one too? 

12 hours ago, italian dave said:

I saw them at the Hippodrome in 79/80 on the "Crazy Tour", so called because of the crazy tiny venues they played apparently. I went with a friend who was mad on them, although I had moved on from their music by then. It was a great show though of course, they always used to go on about how Freddy was in his element in front 100k+ crowds, but to me he seemed to love being so close to the audience.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I don’t remember either, to be honest. Although it was a long time ago! 

I think I saw Suzy Quatro play there around about the same time, supporting Slade (along with Thin Lizzy). Did you go to that one too? 

That would be the one.

I did go, and I remember thinking later how strange it was that a group like Thin Lizzy would be supporting a group like Slade, quite different genres of music.

I mentioned this many years later to Phil Lynott, when I met him at a village fête, and he suggested they were just glad to get the exposure - of course, they weren’t as big then.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

That would be the one.

I did go, and I remember thinking later how strange it was that a group like Thin Lizzy would be supporting a group like Slade, quite different genres of music.

I mentioned this many years later to Phil Lynott, when I met him at a village fête, and he suggested they were just glad to get the exposure - of course, they weren’t as big then.

I still reckon that evening, and another one with J Geils Band, probably explains more than anything else the current state of my hearing!

What with the Colston Hall and Ashton Gate it sounds like you and I were living parallel lives at the time! Some great gigs at the Colston Hall in those days though - the best of all being Bowie on the Ziggy Stardust tour. I spent the whole night on the pavement outside the Colston Hall to get tickets for that one!