IGNORED

Old music you're listening to

City Rocker

30 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Am currently buying old LPs myself to get some use out of my turntable, we've got some fine record shops in Bristol 

Have still got 150 Albums and a load of singles from the early 70s.

Not everybodys choice but  most Black music TSOP, STAX Atlantic and of coarse Motown.

but still love lisitining  to Carol King,America,James Taylor,Lindisfarne   and many,many more.

just glad i was young back then.

• Like 2

Not as old as some of the other choices on this thread, but this guaranteed earworm turned 30 years old last year.

Lead singer Linda Perry writes amazing catchy songs for others as well including Beautiful by Christina Aguilera;

What You Waiting For? by Gwen Stefani;

Get the Party Started by Pink.

Mentioned this band the other week. Their music is just so great and rewarding...  mixing pop, rock, prog (I know, how disgusting??)  This song is one of those that gets into the head and just makes you feel sad every time you listen.

The tune, lyrics, playing, vocals a little Gabrielesque     intense, beautiful

The short-lived band, It Bites.

Edited by AppyDAZE

**** it!

Have this... so uncool The Gallagher brothers* always slated them ... always a good recommendation to me!!!

YES 1969

*always a good yardstick, if either of those guys don't rate it, it's worth checking out seriously.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Have just embarked on putting all my collection onto Discogs -1,066 items so far and counting!

Who knew though how many different versions of things that exist - I've put some of my old LPs on it and there are several variations of the same album, distinguished only by some random etchings on the runout strip (I've never even looked at that before until now!)

• Like 1

On 15/06/2023 at 10:53, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Have just embarked on putting all my collection onto Discogs -1,066 items so far and counting!

Who knew though how many different versions of things that exist - I've put some of my old LPs on it and there are several variations of the same album, distinguished only by some random etchings on the runout strip (I've never even looked at that before until now!)

I started doing my singles, got bored quickly.

It is fascinating when you find you have an import, or with Albums there were different pressings with subtle variations . I really enjoyed finding those oddities.

• Like 1