IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

53 minutes ago, 22A said:

At Full Tie it's 3-3. No niggly fouls, just two competing teams. All six goals have been well taken after being made out of nothing. Old friend Freddie Sears is playing for Braintree; he's had a few shots, but not scored yet.

Extra Time just started.

To any City forwards or midfielders reading this, try and watch highlights of this game. They'll show you how to finish

Except put Conway and Wells in a decent National League South team, given the extra space and therefore time they would get, and they would score goals for fun….every week. Put a couple of decent NLS lads in a Championship side and see how they do then. The Goalkeeping is five times better for starters let alone the defending.

Players don’t notch 25 in the Champ and then hit 12 in their first season in the Prem by accident.

Disappointing for Farm.

Frome pen looked a dive, so glad that was saved, but 2 set piece goals and a defensive mix up gifted the game to Frome.

That said, Frome were the better side for most of the game and Farm got sucked into the hoofball in bad conditions.

43 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Disappointing for Farm.

Frome pen looked a dive, so glad that was saved, but 2 set piece goals and a defensive mix up gifted the game to Frome.

That said, Frome were the better side for most of the game and Farm got sucked into the hoofball in bad conditions.

BMF Long balls to small forwards!! Tedious head tennis even first half. Frome bossed the second.

And what a seriously lovely town Frome is!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

BMF Long balls to small forwards!! Tedious head tennis even first half. Frome bossed the second.

Opposite to how Farm have played all season, they got sucked into playing the same way Frome were.

20 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Not much choice with the state of the pitch tbf which was really poor. Back passes were giving me the heebie jeebies as it looked like it could bobble over a foot at any time!  Chalk and cheese compared to the lovely surface Wednesday night.   Regardless though, beaten by the better side today unfortunately and just that game too far for Farm.  Amazing season and they should be proud.  

14 hours ago, 22A said:

At Full Tie it's 3-3. No niggly fouls, just two competing teams. All six goals have been well taken after being made out of nothing. Old friend Freddie Sears is playing for Braintree; he's had a few shots, but not scored yet.

Extra Time just started.

To any City forwards or midfielders reading this, try and watch highlights of this game. They'll show you how to finish.

The ref Ross Martin is local and did really well. Helped as you say by two teams eager to play football and win but thought he carried himself well and the one possibly controversial decision, he was spot on with. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 22:15, transfer reader said:

I don't know much about the rest of the squad, but certainly Grubb and Day are more than capable of playing some good football. They were both players who looked capable of a step up when they were at Farm, and while Farm do occasionally get drawn into the long ball, scrappy games they do usually try to play good football.

I was talking about the potential of the ex Cribbs manager managing Taunton next season. Taunton have been a very ‘up and at em’ team for the last few years, and having seen Cribbs under their ex manager I would say it’s a very similar style of football that he likes to play. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I was talking about the potential of the ex Cribbs manager managing Taunton next season. Taunton have been a very ‘up and at em’ team for the last few years, and having seen Cribbs under their ex manager I would say it’s a very similar style of football that he likes to play. 

No, I realise that, I was commenting on the ability of those 2 players who were at Taunton this season, based on what I've seen of them over the last few years at Manor Farm.

That those 2 players are more than capable of good football, but I couldn't comment on the rest of the Taunton squad

• Like 1

Saturday is the FA Trophy (FA Cup for professional non league teams) at Wembley. TV coverage on TNT sports 1  at 3.30pm.

Earlier it's the FA Vase final (formerly the FA Amateur Cup). TNT Sports 3 from noon. Great Wakering v Romford.

On 06/05/2024 at 08:19, Carey 6 said:

Would love to see Manor Farm win it’s a bloody tough ask though. Frome are very good & probs should’ve won the league. 

Have heard that the lad who scored 50+ for Portishead Ethan Feltham will be at Weston next year, not sure how true but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Expect there will be an exodus from Bridgwater Town after they’ve failed to go up again. 

Clevedon Town will do well to keep a hold of their keeper James Dunn next season. He kept 20+ clean sheets this year & he’s definitely good enough for the step above. 

Feltham staying at Portishead! 

Massive for them! 

On 10/05/2024 at 11:05, 22A said:

Saturday is the FA Trophy (FA Cup for professional non league teams) at Wembley. TV coverage on TNT sports 1  at 3.30pm.

Earlier it's the FA Vase final (formerly the FA Amateur Cup). TNT Sports 3 from noon. Great Wakering v Romford.

3-0 win for Romford.

On 10/05/2024 at 11:05, 22A said:

1-1 at ft, extra time about to start.

Meanwhile in the battle to get into / stay in Scots Div 2, East Kilbride twice came from behind to draw the first leg of that play off. 2nd leg next Saturday.

Team I help with have stayed in NWCFL premier not been moved to midlands league 

The south division 1 now goes from Runcorn across to Manchester then Winsford and down to Telford and across to Wolverhampton.  

Some horrendous journeys in that league now for teams at that level 

5BD85176-56BD-4145-AB54-25C580A22CEE.jpeg

Edited by wayne allisons tongues
  • Like 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Team I help with have stayed in NWCFL premier not been moved to midlands league 

The south division 1 now goes from Runcorn across to Manchester then Winsford and down to Telford and across to Wolverhampton.  

Some horrendous journeys in that league now for teams at that level 

5BD85176-56BD-4145-AB54-25C580A22CEE.jpeg

I've put the usual opening thread into next seasons thread