IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You mean the guy that came on and arguably helped us create so much better and then supplied the long throw that led to the goal?

Also made an important block at 0-0 last week before our winner. 

Other than that though, some very sad people need to have someone they can direct their anger at, it seems they want that person to be Cornick regardless of his contribution.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Try telling Nige we need a loan ?

He doesn't do loans and I understand why, I mean he could loan someone in at cost and potentially have a dud, or he could give game time to Yeboah who could then go on to develop into a quality striker who we could use or even sell on, like Semenyo. I understand that the loan thing could make sense but the way most loans go is that the club bringing the player in does all the developing and the team he goes back to benefit as well as being paid too. Loaning a player these days technically goes against what the club is looking to do, develop young players of our own in order to create profit and stay out of the FFP hands.

• Like 4

Just now, old_eastender said:

If Wells in not injured and it's a tactical decision to leave him out any play Bell CF, that's nuts!

Based on the omission from the graphic when it was first posted it maybe that two were prepared and Nakhi was undergoing a late fitness test perhaps?

Would assume we play the front three:

Mehmeti-Cornick-Bell

Cornick a little more presence and holdup ability potentially through the middle? Bell on the right to try pin back Laird high and wide. Think this one is either a 5 goal thriller or a 0-0 which takes a bit of magic from one player to break the deadlock.

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

Also made an important block at 0-0 last week before our winner. 

Other than that though, some very sad people need to have someone they can direct their anger at, it seems they want that person to be Cornick regardless of his contribution.

Very true, that block was actually a world-class block, like many defenders wouldn't have pulled it off and he got it inch perfect. It was very likely to go in had he not got it spot on too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Are we sure it's not Cornick down the middle and Bell the rhs attacker (he is right footed after all)

I mean maybe but Bell has barely played on the right and has kept Mehmeti out on the left with the odd game in the middle, Cornick has had barely any time in the middle but have been battling it out with Sykes for the right side and being as Sykes has come out for Cornick according to the Bristol City twitter I would think he'll be on the right again, could be wrong though, who knows.

12 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Surely Cornick would be a better option through the middle as he’s more likely to win something in the air, and probably has more championship experience in that position, let alone Bell being more effective playing from wide and cutting in

I posed that question on our WhatsApp group. Suspect it is Bell central though. 

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Are we sure it's not Cornick down the middle and Bell the rhs attacker (he is right footed after all)

Could be Mehmeti right too. See above though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yes but I just unhid it and it is now back in with all the others in my wallet 

Thanks! Went into settings where you can stop it hiding “expired” passes. So presumably it disappeared after the Preston game and doesn’t automatically stay visible!

Ephraim Yeboah is on the bench today, he was was born and raised in Italy, but moved to Bristol with his family as a child.

In August 2021, Yeboah, along with teammate Elijah Morrison, were recruited by Bristol City from the Bristol Inner City Football Academy in Easton.

In June 2023, Yeboah began training with the first team squad and finished second behind Ayman Benarous in the Bristol City pre-season fitness SDS test.

In July, he was included in the first-team squad on the pre-season training camp to Austria and signed a three-year professional contract with the club. He made his professional debut for us in the EFL Cup at home against Oxford United in a 5-1 win earlier this month.

IMG_4187.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seen the starting XI and I think we might be in for a tough afternoon. I rate Brum’s FBs - Laird and Buchanan - Beilik and Sunjic are decent at this level, I like Dembele and Hogan had a great record against us. 

Their Achilles heel is at CB, IMO, and I guess that’s why Bell and Mehmeti start as they have pace to get in behind. But if Mehmeti’s on the left and Cornick’s on the right, I don’t think Bell’s all-round game is suitable to play through the middle. That said, go get them, boys. First big test for us today IMO. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Seen the starting XI and I think we might be in for a tough afternoon. I rate Brum’s FBs - Laird and Buchanan - Beilik and Sunjic are decent at this level, I like Dembele and Hogan had a great record against us. 

Their Achilles heel is at CB, IMO, and I guess that’s why Bell and Mehmeti start as they have pace to get in behind. But if Mehmeti’s on the left and Cornick’s on the right, I don’t think Bell’s all-round game is suitable to play through the middle. That said, go get them, boys. First big test for us today IMO. 

Agree. Think they will have a decent season this year. Point wouldn’t be a disaster 

7 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

I for one enjoy reading  all this negativity after TWO bloody games…. 

People keep assuming my posts are negative, they aren't, they just focus on what we're doing wrong because why would you critique getting things right?
We've deffo got positives but the negatives are what people focus on as it's the next thing to "fix"/ address.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Agree. Think they will have a decent season this year. Point wouldn’t be a disaster 

It might sound negative, but I always try to be a realist and I agree - I’d settle for a point right now. Anything else is a bonus IMO.

14 minutes ago, tin said:

It might sound negative, but I always try to be a realist and I agree - I’d settle for a point right now. Anything else is a bonus IMO.

A bonus? We are playing Birmingham not Leicester. 

Two even teams that I fully expect us to try and win. To see it as a bonus is very pessimistic. We should be looking to be winning our home games.  

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I see Che Adams is playing despite his allegedly imminent move to Everton. I expected to hear that he was not playing because he had that most common of injuries, a knock.?

Bound to score then! :o

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

In fairness that eleven looks rather lightweight & unbalanced 

What would you change to make it less so? I mean Conways injured, Wells hasn't exactly been getting on the ball a lot, Sykes hasn't delivered anything really yet... I think the team has kind of picked itself.

• Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

A bonus? We are playing Birmingham not Leicester. 

Two even teams that I fully expect us to try and win. To see it as a bonus is very pessimistic. We should be looking to be winning our home games.  

I don’t doubt that we will try to win; I simply think their XI looks stronger than our XI - and that’s why I’d take a point. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Silly pass by Vyner there, sometimes he pings those well and other times he gives them the ball in the final third, I wish he'd play it a little safer in those positions, he did a few of those last season.

Just giving us a little flash of the old Vyner of a couple of years ago. Just reminding us how it used to be. Ah, nostalgia.

• Haha 1