IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match thread

11 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

We clearly need a quality, proven striker, and that will require splashing out a substantial sum of money.

Somehow, I can't see that happening.

Agree that it’s starting to look like SL is deliberately starving NP in order to present his preferred successor with a war chest. As to a striker, Conway is that when he returns and Wells, if used properly and todays howler aside, generally knows where the net is. Think I would prioritise a bit of midfield experience/ creativity and some frightening pace on the wing, as both will likely be easier/ cheaper to get hold of. If we start creating more good chances, we should start to score more with our existing strikers.

• Like 1

That was dog shit 

to all you on here who slatted me for saying we need a big mobile striker I hope you were there to watch that limp pathetic attempt to win a game “ no guts “ no bottle , no idea and bell through the middle is a disgrace 

again no shots on target Pearson you really haven’t got a clue , I thought Preston game was boring but ffs that takes the biscuit and for our manager and owner to come out and say we can’t compete is defeatist to say the least , lansdowns if you can’t compete get out of the kitchen as I see a Newcastle United Mike ashley situation developing 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Not denying today sounded bad - but if we're currently playing like a mid-table team, is that not about par after you take one of the league's best midfielders and our best striker out of this squad?

Its been known for weeks/months that Scott would be off as soon as a decent bid came in, Conway as well didnt happen yesterday; where is the plan for this likelyhood, why do we seem to be not bothered?

AW and Wells are not it; splashing the cash is unlikely for a powerfull front man we desperately need to make any impression this season.....?

Edited by wtf
2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Agree that it’s starting to look like SL is deliberately starving NP in order to present his preferred successor with a war chest. 

It does feel like history repeating itself in a way, similar to the Cotts situation. Lets hope they aren’t starving him of funds.

If Lansdown and his dweeb of a boy have any sense they will give Pearson the tools he needs in the coming weeks to get us in a few more additions.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

That was dog shit 

to all you on here who slatted me for saying we need a big mobile striker I hope you were there to watch that limp pathetic attempt to win a game “ no guts “ no bottle , no idea and bell through the middle is a disgrace 

again no shots on target Pearson you really haven’t got a clue , I thought Preston game was boring but ffs that takes the biscuit and for our manager and owner to come out and say we can’t compete is defeatist to say the least , lansdowns if you can’t compete get out of the kitchen as I see a Newcastle United Mike ashley situation developing 

I’ve said on here before, but Lansdown is not interested in progressing Bristol City FC IMO. Fingers got burnt by Ashton & Co. He’s gonna take the cash when the transfer money comes in, then go shopping in B & M for a bargain. Brum impressed me today and they were bang average last season.
We desperately need a midfield playmaker and a striker. Come on Lansdown, spend some £££s.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

*Our opponents used to be an ordinary championship team. 

Personally still unsure on Birmingham, we made them look good today.

But, even if they have now elevated themselves from 'ordinary' to 'good', we should still be disappointed. Birmingham are a club who have generally finished below us in recent times, who have suffered similar issues to us off the pitch (e.g. financially), and who are not equipped with superior resources to us. They shouldn't be overtaking us.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Personally still unsure on Birmingham, we made them look good today.

But, even if they have now elevated themselves from 'ordinary' to 'good', we should still be disappointed. Birmingham are a club who have generally finished below us in recent times, who have suffered similar issues to us off the pitch (e.g. financially), and who are not equipped with superior resources to us. They shouldn't be overtaking us.

As soon as they get the ball to their wingers they looked so sharp . Our team is just so slow to do anything they might aswel broadcast every pass

Not seen a city them that bad in a long time, we had no ideas, it truly was men against boys, we lost the midfield battle almost from the first whistle forcing us to play down the wings the whole match when attacking just as Birmingham wanted us to, 

It's the lack of having any idea how to do anything different I found most disappointing there was no plan B, the subs didn't make much sense to me, 

A poor day all around

• Confused 1
Just now, Bris Red said:

Fair shout, pretty much sees it as most of us fans do. He will know more than anyone that we need a more creative additions to the squad. Over to you now Mr Lansdown..

Same old bluster, he's always done it and it keeps the happy clappers on side. Rrrrr nige is one of us sees it likes it is etc etc 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

Same old bluster, he's always done it and it keeps the happy clappers on side. Rrrrr nige is one of us sees it likes it is etc etc 

How many managers do we need to go through before people see that the problem starts at the top?! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

We have sold the best 2 players at our club, and our one quality striker is missing for 3 months.  At present we are looking like a mid table side.  But..............we have 25 mill in the bank, and regular gates of over 20k.   Wage ceiling or not?  We either  need  to bring in a new forward and some quality in midfield or resign ourselves to an average season?  It's early days, but the signs are not encouraging with our current set up.  So do we   stick or twist  ?     

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We have sold the best 2 players at our club, and our one quality striker is missing for 3 months.  At present we are looking like a mid table side.  But..............we have 25 mill in the bank, and regular gates of over 20k.   Wage ceiling or not?  We either  need  to bring in a new forward and some quality in midfield or resign ourselves to an average season?  It's early days, but the signs are not encouraging with our current set up.  So do we   stick or twist  ?     

It's the set up at the top that is the problem.

• Like 2

Think we started with the wrong line up, should have been Wells, Naismith, Skyes as starters instead of Williams who offers little, Cornick perhaps deserved to start but not a big fan and did FA today, Memetti thought was OK today, but Bell offers more threat.

Birmingham looked big quick and athletic all over the pitch and moved the ball with pace and purpose, where as we would slow it down and knock it around and miss the pass that was on.

How Nakki missed that chance???? score that and maybe we get something out of the game that we did not deserve

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Difficult one. Do we cross our fingers and hope for a result like against Millwall or do we get someone in. Can we afford to wait 3 months and carry on without Conway, it's a lot to put all our hopes on him. 

Zero shots on target says it all for me.  This team looks like it's going to struggle badly in this league and I'm certainly not sure if we will find ourselves in league 1 next year from what I've seen so far.

Reinforcements are clearly needed before the window closes.

I also think that I will be watching a far better game of football at 11 am tomorrow morning.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

It does feel like history repeating itself in a way, similar to the Cotts situation. Lets hope they aren’t starving him of funds.

If Lansdown and his dweeb of a boy have any sense they will give Pearson the tools he needs in the coming weeks to get us in a few more additions.

It’s a tough one. Personally I don’t see Pearson here past this season - who knows, he may even be gone sooner - is it really a good idea giving him more money? 

13 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Fair shout, pretty much sees it as most of us fans do. He will know more than anyone that we need more creative additions to the squad. Over to you now Mr Lansdown..

He won’t be here at Christmas if we carry on and that’s not me wanting him gone, I just don’t think he and SL see eye to eye. We know how that ends, I think Nige deserves much better backing wise.