IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Think we must be edging close to a take over. All beginning to add up. Silent Owner, Chairman and invisible CEO. Doesn’t look particularly positive either if the prospective new owner isn’t sanctioning spending.

I really don't know how a couple of million improving the squad could be detrimental to a sale.

But as I said, silence breeds conspiracy theories and to your's I'll add the fact that ground hasn't been broken on the Arena build. That could allow selling the plot, with planning but giving the "new owners" cart blanche to do as they will with the land. 

Probably all bull , but that's what poor communication gets you. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I feel like the atmosphere around the club is likely to become pretty toxic over the coming months, as we already starting to see on the forum. Whether Pearson stays, walks or gets fired, there are a significant amount of City fans that whilst grateful for much of the infrastructure that the Lansdowns have built, feel that they have done/are doing Pearson dirty. On the flip side there’s another significant amount who believe their other contributions outweigh this or fully believe we need this austerity to be a club that makes a financial profit each season moving forward. 
Either way, each group has very different views than the other and things won’t be plain sailing now.

He's turning into Karl Oyston the second. #Lansdownout

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, 1960maaan said:

But as I said, silence breeds conspiracy theories and to your's I'll add the fact that ground hasn't been broken on the Arena build. That could allow selling the plot, with planning but giving the "new owners" cart blanche to do as they will with the land. 

Planning permission still hasn't even been granted for the sporting village. Committee recommended approval nearly a year ago, and no progress appears to have been made since. Permission isn't granted until the legal agreement is signed. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

How do you figure in terms of the Oyston comparison?

Oystons were actively stripping money out of the club, this is merely making the club stand on its own feet a bit in financial terms.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Planning permission still hasn't even been granted for the sporting village. Committee recommended approval nearly a year ago, and no progress appears to have been made since. Permission isn't granted until the legal agreement is signed. 

Council really do us few favours. Sound a real I problem. Maybe am wrong.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How do you figure in terms of the Oyston comparison?

Oystons were actively stripping money out of the club, this is merely making the club stand on its own feet a bit in financial terms.

Club has received 35m in transfer fees. It's not being used. If Lansdown sells, he will take his loans back, and it would not surprise me if some of the £35m, goes towards repaying some of his loans anyway. I no longer trust Lansdown. 

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Club has received 35m in transfer fees. It's not being used. If Lansdown sells, he will take his loans back, and it would not surprise me if some of the £35m, goes towards repaying some of his loans anyway. I no longer trust Lansdown. 

Ah remember though fees are paid in instalments so while it may show £35m on paper in practice it's over a number of seasons, that's different to Profit and Loss obviously.

The bigger the instalments in v out the less he perhaps needs to put in each year to cover the Cash Flow gap.

Take back some of his loans over time yes that is possible too. Those he hasn't converted to equity sadly he has the legal right.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Apologies, and thank you @Pedrowe, the S106 agreement has now been signed, and planning granted last week. 

Hmmm... this is all quite interesting timing. Potentially... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, George Rs said:

This, iirc, is my 9th year as a season ticket holder and I’m already fed up of SL, can’t fathom how it feels for fans who have watched through this entire tenure. 

I have certainly backed the cost cutting of the last few years , was absolutely needed after reckless Ashton and co , and as this season loomed the  optimism was higher than in many years , Nige built a young aggressive pacy side and I am among others thought we had a real chance of giving it a proper go ( and may yet in spite of everything because of the characters we have ) , this  was transferred into excellent season ticket sales

We accepted the sale of Alex Scott because it made us safe on ffp but also it would enable us to bring in the missing pieces through the spine , even more so with the injuries and illness we have had to cope with.

I am frankly disgusted at Lansdown’s stance , I cannot fathom it , Nige has done everything asked and got him out of the shit and now this , he’s got an agenda for sure , I have always supported him even when others have not but if he sees this as a way to get rid of tough man like Pearson then he’s a very small man in my opinion 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Have to agree with you. Just read NP’s comments and he has been proper stabbed in the back. Contrary to popular opinion I don’t think SL has any intention of selling up. I think people need to realise how a billionaire’s brain works. SL will have zero sentiment about our squad being depleted and believe he’s just trying to claw back money he’s previously lost. It’s hard for us average Joes to get our heads around the unbridled greed these guys have and I’m glad SL’s now been exposed for what he is all about post-Scott sale. I think pound for pound even the Gas have shown more ambition than us. 
#Lansdownout

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's quite literally like we're back in August 2015 with Steve Cotterill making exactly the same noises Nige is now.

It's extraordinary how time and time again history repeats itself under Steve Lansdown.

Dont forget we had bids there for Andre Grey and Dwight Gayle, both double our previous record signing - in which they both turned down, after being accepted 

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

IMG_7683.thumb.png.16e34e2df93c2f630f7c6c48d56b4ad4.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Totally agree with Pearson's stance on this btw. Why should he answer the questions on investment in the club? Not his pigeon. We have a CEO, a Chairman and an Owner.

And they seem to be the ones unavailable to give any answers!

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That is interesting timing.

Indeed. Also interesting that there was no announcement from the club about it. 

Normally, you'd assume the CEO would come out and say something like "pleased we've finally got planning. Now we will work to discharge the conditions with a site start date of Spring 2024 etc"

But, silence. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Three people have said the timing is ‘interesting’ but haven’t elaborated as to how. Unravel into what?

My post earlier was very tongue in cheek, but if ( and that is a big if IMO ) he has a buyer in place, he now has a Club or Clubs with a large plot of land ,with planning permission ,to sell.  
If someone bought it now ,and built the Arena & Hotel etc, maybe they could see a profit in it . Premiership Rugby team and Women's team with potential for the mens team, successful Basketball team and Venue , plus Hotel ? Could be an interesting prospect for someone.

Lansdown senior was in talks with someone in April , maybe things have moved on. 

• Like 3