IGNORED

What's with the gimp mask look?...

spudski

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Now you’re really being weird…..people who wear black are Italian fascist associates and also sex offenders?
I best update my wardrobe and remove said coloured items. You must know about associations of which I’m not aware.   
Hope you’ve never been to Copenhagen as all black is practically a uniform over there for the young and well dressed! 

If you don’t know about the links between Italian Ultras and neo fascists, that’s not my fault, nor is it weird. Nor of course the echoes of the British Union of Fascists (the Blackshirts) under Oswald Mosley. Not all Ultras are fascists, but some are, and the look is not just a coincidence.

These kids of course may well also be unaware and blindly following a fashion. But the masks and Casuals tag suggest a desire to link with violence and that’s enough to condemn them in my eyes.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If you don’t know about the links between Italian Ultras and neo fascists, that’s not my fault, nor is it weird. Nor of course the echoes of the British Union of Fascists (the Blackshirts) under Oswald Mosley. Not all Ultras are fascists, but some are, and the look is not just a coincidence.

These kids of course may well also be unaware and blindly following a fashion. But the masks and Casuals tag suggest a desire to link with violence and that’s enough to condemn them in my eyes.

Don’t try and give me lessons on football culture.  Nor give me your smug condescending bollocks on what I do and don’t know about history just because you’ve made yourself look a fool.   You are trying to conflate a group of young lads who are following a football fashion /  fad with something completely different which is completely not there from that photo.   There are ultras everywhere - all over the world and making out they are all fascist sympathisers is bullshit and you should be the one who’s embarrassed for even thinking that they would have such leanings - not them for wearing a bit of SI or CP Co.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Embarrassing post 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

Simple - they look stupid and pathetic and they’re associating themselves with our club. If it was a photo of teen Gasheads dressed like that there would be a storm of mockery on here. As there has been in the past.

City fans have dressed like that for decades.

Casual.

The Gas buy clobber in primark.

12 hours ago, Leveller said:

Bellend.

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, Leveller said:

Why?

You've just made a tonne of assumptions about people despite knowing nothing about them - simply because of how they've chosen to dress.

Perhaps what really happened was that you were trying to insinuate that the people pictured were potential troublemakers.. then realised you had no evidence to back it up but didn't want to admit that, so had to find another way to justify your original post.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, RedRock said:

Just be thankful social media didn’t exist when we all wore brown boots, white navy bags, vests, and tied rayon scarfs around our wrists and/or heads. These lads look positively mainstream as opposed to us freaks. 

I strongly object to the word “we” in the above post. I may have had the odd fashion faux pas or two in my time, but I never sank that low. A rayon scarf around my wrist? The only way I would have done that was if I had a paper bag on my head like the chap who went to England matches 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Leveller said:

The same look as Antifa use today.

I notice you haven’t mentioned that bunch of ***** at all ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've just made a tonne of assumptions about people despite knowing nothing about them - simply because of how they've chosen to dress.

Perhaps what really happened was that you were trying to insinuate that the people pictured were potential troublemakers.. then realised you had no evidence to back it up but didn't want to admit that, so had to find another way to justify your original post.

Cmon Philly... whilst you're correct people shouldn't judge others on what they wear, the context here is totally different. 

The ' look' they've gone for, especially with faces covered so not to be recognised ( there's a reason for that, and it's not because they are covered in acne) is to associate themselves with a football culture that's related to enjoying a bit of a ruck. 

It distinguishes them away from the ' normal ' fan and ' shirters'. 

' Getting the badge in'...kid on right...it all points to a culture. 

It's been the same as others have implied over the years. A culture that wore certain clothing at football matches to distinguish themselves. 

And their were some proper clown looks during the 70s as has been mentioned. 

Whilst this imo isn't about a fascist thing...it's definitely a look and trend being copied from the ' Ultras' abroad. 

A bunch of kids following a football trend, that so many have done in the past, that will eventually grow up and see how silly it all is...' but was fun at the time'. 

So many have been there before and voice experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Cmon Philly... whilst you're correct people shouldn't judge others on what they wear, the context here is totally different. 

The ' look' they've gone for, especially with faces covered so not to be recognised ( there's a reason for that, and it's not because they are covered in acne) is to associate themselves with a football culture that's related to enjoying a bit of a ruck. 

It's been the same as others have implied over the years. A culture that wore certain clothing at football matches to distinguish themselves. 

Whilst this imo isn't about a fascist thing...it's definitely a look and trend being copied from the ' Ultras' abroad. 

A bunch of kids following a football trend, that so many have done in the past, that will eventually grow up and see how silly it all is...' but was fun at the time'. 

The clothes in that picture are K Way (French), CP/Stone Island (Italian) but Casual is originally a English and British culture. European football fans copied Britain. 

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The clothes in that picture are K Way (French), CP/Stone Island (Italian) but Casual is originally a English and British culture. European football fans copied Britain. 

I know who copied who...however the 'Ultra' culture from abroad is influencing British football culture. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It's interesting that before the current CP Company and Stone Island (both Italian) brands worn by so-called casuals, they adopted other Italian makes, such as Emporio Armani, Fila, Ellesse and Fiorucci. 

The term casual, in the football context (before then it was mainly applied to lads who wore pastel colour clothes, slip-ons and listened jazz funk in Essex discos), first got coined in Scotland. However, "hooligans" in places like the north of England had already started to wear at-the-time expensive branded clothes like Adidas and Fred Perry. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's interesting that before the current CP Company and Stone Island (both Italian) brands worn by so-called casuals, they adopted other Italian makes, such as Emporio Armani, Fila, Ellesse and Fiorucci. 

The term casual, in the football context (before then it was mainly applied to lads who wore pastel colour clothes, slip-ons and listened jazz funk in Essex discos), first got coined in Scotland. However, "hooligans" in places like the north of England had already started to wear at-the-time expensive branded clothes like Adidas and Fred Perry. 

I remember the days when it seemed everyone was wearing Sergio Tacchini tennis shirts and Fila shorts with tennis or squash trainers...looked like a bunch of extras from a Wham video ???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I remember the days when it seemed everyone was wearing Sergio Tacchini tennis shirts and Fila shorts with tennis or squash trainers...looked like a bunch of extras from a Wham video ???

Often with the bouffant hairstyle too! You didn't know if they wanted to punch you or... , yes, well. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, spudski said:

Thank you for explaining my point more clearly than I did. I’m not suggesting these kids are fascists (which I said before) nor do I know if they are actual fighters. However, they are consciously associating themselves with a fighting culture (surely this is hard to deny) and also with Bristol City. I find that unpleasant. I’m aware that some on here disagree and are far more accepting of a certain level of violence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I know who copied who...however the 'Ultra' culture from abroad is influencing British football culture. 

Those lads are not Ultras. They are football lads, Casuals, dressers in the North.  

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Liverpool. That is the club and origin of Casual. Liverpool fans adopted (??) clothes from European Cities fans shopped in on their travels to European cup games, creating a culture. The rest including Bristol City fans followed. There were regional nuances but Casual started with Liverpool. 

Edited by Cowshed

Just now, Leveller said:

Thank you for explaining my point more clearly than I did. I’m not suggesting these kids are fascists (which I said before) nor do I know if they are actual fighters. However, they are consciously associating themselves with a fighting culture (surely this is hard to deny) and also with Bristol City. I find that unpleasant. I’m aware that some on here disagree and are far more accepting of a certain level of violence.

They could look like tramps and associate with fascists like some of the Gas did. Better?

• Flames 1