IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

Its a ******* forum, mate.

6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

So much shite posted on here.

Maybe this.... maybe that....perhaps this....perhaps that.

Let's just blame whoever we have an agenda with without any knowledge whatsoever.

'kin unbelievable!!!!

Its a forum, mate -  an internet version of a pub conversation and wtf do you think they're talking about in the Lions tonight, for instance?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

So much shite posted on here.

Maybe this.... maybe that....perhaps this....perhaps that.

Let's just blame whoever we have an agenda with without any knowledge whatsoever.

'kin unbelievable!!!!

That's the sort of thing that constant lack of communication and disconnect with the fanbase from a football club will breed over time.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 8
  • Flames 3

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I dunno how you can be CEO of a club like Crystal Palace for 26 years if you’re not any good….

This isn’t the first time someone extremely well qualified, if anything a bit of a coup for the club, has come in and hasn’t been able to make change work

He might just want to get back to London.

He might have done something wrong.

He might be ill.

He might have been offered another job somewhere.

The club might be near a sale.

Mark Ashton and LJ might be coming back.

No idea - we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing for sure: Alexander would have known what to expect from Lansdown - he was at Palace for some of the same time as Coppell and would likely have had a word before signing up with us.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The sort of ridiculous decision Lansdown would make 

He appointed Holden as manager remember 

Wouldn’t surprise me. Nothing does anymore. So much lack of stability at present. Are the owners committed long term or close to a sale? Will we have the same management team in place beyond this season? Who is going to lead the club off the pitch and what will the structure look like? We need to hear from SL this week. Press conference needed or hopefully he comes onto SOTC tomorrow night on Radio Bristol. First time in 20 years approx we haven’t heard from SL in first few weeks of the season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Its a ******* forum, mate.

Its a forum, mate. It's an internet version of a pub conversation and wtf do you think they're talking about in the Lions tonight, for instance?

I reckon everyones hunched over their natch talking about being patient and waiting for the appointment personally. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Selred said:

With the shambles in the boardroom it shows what an absolute gent Nigel is. Bloke could walk at any time, but is staying, has worked under tight restrictions and done wonders. Fair play to him! 

That’s my biggest concern. Yes the CEO is gone and we will probably never know why. And personally I don’t care. But something has gone wrong at the top end of the club IMO. If Nige left I would be gutted 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

My question is, if this happened on Friday, when were the club planning on making an announcement?
It’s clear that they’ve had to rush a statement out at 8pm on a Sunday night after a 10 page thread had suddenly exploded on the forum. 
So they were pushed into making a statement this evening. When do we think they were actually planning on telling us? Couple of weeks?? 

Exactly right that statement was rushed and to me made up crap. Why wasn't anything sent out in the media yesterday and it beats me that no media knew anything? 

• Like 1

Monday morning - who’s in charge of the day to day running of the club?

Jon Lansdown? He was at the game yesterday however I thought he’d be flying back home? (Also, he wouldn’t know how to run a bath)

Gavin Marshall? The bean counter who currently makes up 50% of our board.

Brian Tinnion? Totally out of his remit and knowledge base.

@phantom @thatcham red will you be reaching out to the club for clarity?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Monday morning - who’s in charge of the day to day running of the club?

Jon Lansdown? He was at the game yesterday however I thought he’d be flying back home? (Also, he wouldn’t know how to run a bath)

Gavin Marshall? The bean counter who currently makes up 50% of our board.

Brian Tinnion? Totally out of his remit and knowledge base.

@phantom @thatcham red will you be reaching out to the club for clarity?

You can’t expect @phantom or @thatcham red to run the club, I imagine they have their own day jobs to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

Exactly right that statement was rushed and to me made up crap. Why wasn't anything sent out in the media yesterday and it beats me that no media knew anything? 

Suspect they didn’t want any distractions on match day and were hoping the story wouldn’t break over the weekend. Probably would have targeted Monday for the press release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Calculus said:

He might just want to get back to London.

He might have done something wrong.

He might be ill.

He might have been offered another job somewhere.

The club might be near a sale.

Mark Ashton and LJ might be coming back.

No idea - we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing for sure: Alexander would have known what to expect from Lansdown - he was at Palace for some of the same time as Coppell and would likely have had a word before signing up with us.

I’m definitely not in the SL out brigade. And I do think a lot of stuff on here is conspiratorial at times. But, in fairness, the resignation statement not mentioning SL would suggest - suggest only - that there is a problem between them rather than any of the things you mention. 

I can think of 3 or 4 likely scenarios, but if he’s a guy there to get the most out of commercial opportunities, I’d not be surprised if he found the lack of control over certain elements controlled by Bristol Sport a show stopper - pure conjecture based off the ST minutes from last week. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1