IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

28 minutes ago, Superjack said:

That's the sort of thing that constant lack of communication and disconnect with the fanbase. from a football club will breed over time.

With all due respect club won’t ever announce the reason, like with most cases. Reason is probably between the board and Alexander, which is also what happens in most jobs in and out of football 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Suspect they didn’t want any distractions on match day and were hoping the story wouldn’t break over the weekend. Probably would have targeted Monday for the press release.

I was thinking that but surely it's better to do a press release rather than let rumours fly around considering it was on friday.Im just surprised I never heard whispers at the game Saturday and again I'm surprised why they would think people wouldn't get wind of it before Monday.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You work in recruitment, what response do you give when something doesn’t work out?

Imprecise science? One of those things?

Recruitment IS an art, not a science.

When I help in the hiring of a director for a company I give a 12 month indemnity - replacement FOC if appointee leaves within this period after commencement.

I view making the hire as a shared decision, I take a degree of ownership for something I've been told I don't really have to more than once. I back my candidates and my approach is why I build relationships and get repeat business.

Scudamore is not a recruiter and, arguably, he's a fan like most of us. He recommended PA in good faith, the fact that it doesn't appear to have worked out is one of those things. Scudamore may be a little embarrassed by what's happened but  does he really know how SL operates at close quarters?

I am convinced PA's departure will be put down to personal reasons but he will have signed a compromise agreement and get a pay off on condition there is no disclosure of the real reason.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Street red said:

I was thinking that but surely it's better to do a press release rather than let rumours fly around considering it was on friday.Im just surprised I never heard whispers at the game Saturday and again I'm surprised why they would think people wouldn't get wind of it before Monday.

Expect an update in 6 weeks telling you we've done a vigorous global search for a replacement and in walks Scotty Murray...

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

5 hours ago, trickytimes said:

There are 3 players in the England squad and 3 players in other nations squads

4 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

It’s 5, Genge, Sinckler and Mallins for England. Luatua and Vui for Samoa.

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

6 actually 

How can we believe anything on OTIB when even this simple question has 4 different answers ?

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Winterstoke toad said:

The reason he’s put so much money in is because he’s ran the club so badly. His quarter of a century in charge of city has been nothing but a massive underachievement.

I think that’s a bit harsh. Yes we've not reached the premier league but this club is unrecognisable from the club he took over. Yes there has been mistakes made by him, some pretty big but I think it's also worth remembering that transformation that has occurred. 

18 minutes ago, Henry said:

Monday morning - who’s in charge of the day to day running of the club?

Jon Lansdown? He was at the game yesterday however I thought he’d be flying back home? (Also, he wouldn’t know how to run a bath)

Gavin Marshall? The bean counter who currently makes up 50% of our board.

Brian Tinnion? Totally out of his remit and knowledge base.

@phantom @thatcham red will you be reaching out to the club for clarity?

I did find it weird that he gave his apologies for only the 2nd meeting with Phantom. Now we know why. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

With all due respect club won’t ever announce the reason, like with most cases. Reason is probably between the board and Alexander, which is also what happens in most jobs in and out of football 

Yes, I agree in this case. 

I was more alluding to behavioural encouragement due to 'Ivory Tower' syndrome over a course of time. 

A long course of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

What a week ! new away kit launched then CEO goes and poor Nige on crutches. I’m sure somebody can make a conspiracy theory out of that. Any takers

SL and JL are staunch Nige-istas. The splat robin was Nige's innovation. When PA pushed out his own away kit design not featuring Nige's splat robin, there were fisticuffs between PA and Nige in which Nige sustained a twisted ankle. SL and JL, who had been looking for any excuse to get rid of PA as he seemed halfway competent, acted immediately.

How's that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not as bad as that. I think they got on OK-ish, but were a long way from being two peas in a pod. 

It certainly wasn't as strong a relationship as Gould had with Nige. 

When I was at Fans Forum last Autumn, yes I know it was streamed or played after but I certainly thought Gould and NP had a great chemistry. They seemed a natural fit IMO.

Alexander, I dunno- didn't inspire me but that's fine but him and NP seemed a bit disparate.