IGNORED

Lansdown

frenchred

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

IMO the bigger problem is that the intention was to hand the legacy on to Jon to take forward

He seems to be very distant from the club and can only assume he doesn't have the interest to take on the reigns

Isn't Jon making his own fortune with a property business in the Bahamas? Would you give that up to come back here so you can get given stick like his dad has done on OTIB?

• Hmmm 4

1 hour ago, phantom said:

IMO the bigger problem is that the intention was to hand the legacy on to Jon to take forward

He seems to be very distant from the club and can only assume he doesn't have the interest to take on the reigns

I think the latter has already been confirmed by SL somewhere in the last few years, and so any sale will mean JL cashes out and flies the nest too 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Isn't Jon making his own fortune with a property business in the Bahamas? Would you give that up to come back here so you can get given stick like his dad has done on OTIB?

he probably gets more stick on Twitter to be honest. 

The crayon jibes are a bit tiresome but I do think he needs to let someone else be in charge of media and design stuff. I don't think he's really interested in running the club

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He owns a house in Bermuda and spends a lot of time there - the house has a golf course in front and the ocean behind so understandable! - but I don't think he's running any business's there. It's a holiday home essentially,  I've heard (on here) Phil Alexander found it frustrating that JL was over there so much.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

If he gives one iota about stick he gets on here he has serious issues in life

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Where did you get this wild claim ?

As a fanboy , I know you won’t have a bad word said about the Lansdowns or Johnson Jnr but making stuff up is pure desperation

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Yes we all agree being a yo-yo club is better than where we are and will generate big money, but the conversation is about how much SL wants for the club...not what is fans would be happy with.......no one is paying north of £100 Million for a club to yo-yo between the Championship and the PL. At that price they want the potential to be a top 6 PL club (with investment) and compete in Europe and the stadium limits that ambition. Like people are saying SL needs to divide his interests up and his price down.

Yes, the conversation is about how much SL wants for the club, so whole point is what he’s trying to sell. He’s trying to sell a mid table Championship club with the potential to be a yo-yo club between Championship and the Premier League.  Thus the point I made in an earlier post about the size of the ground is relevant - ie lots of yo-yo clubs have similar size grounds. I agree with you, the price he’s reputed to be asking is ridiculous 

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Yes, the conversation is about how much SL wants for the club, so whole point is what he’s trying to sell. He’s trying to sell a mid table Championship club with the potential to be a yo-yo club between Championship and the Premier League.  Thus the point I made in an earlier post about the size of the ground is relevant - ie lots of yo-yo clubs have similar size grounds. I agree with you, the price he’s reputed to be asking is ridiculous 

That's the key word, after all someone said it on OTIB so must be true

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
17 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Steve was at the rugby tonight answering all sorts of questions and was buying rounds of beer for anyone who wanted one and there was plenty

For info there are often Q&A sessions at the rugby, but rather than have them in the sports bar they've created a temporary stage in the South Stand 

As for the free drink, that was an offer to all season ticket holders after losing so many home games 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

For info there are often Q&A sessions at the rugby, but rather than have them in the sports bar they've created a temporary stage in the South Stand 

As for the free drink, that was an offer to all season ticket holders after losing so many home games 

No Steve was sat in the chair the free thatchers was over he was giving out all sorts on him 

On 14/10/2023 at 15:55, phantom said:

If losing too many games is the threshold for dishing out free drinks then I can see why he doesn't do it for City fans, that billion fortune would be gone. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If losing too many games is the threshold for dishing out free drinks then I can see why he doesn't do it for City fans, that billion fortune would be gone. 

Maybe they mean losing so many fixtures with Wasps, Worcs and Irish gone? 

• Admin
11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

:laugh:

I meant because of less home games, but I like your way of thinking 

• Like 1

So we can add “I want investment in football, rugby, the stadium…anything” on top of “I’ll take minority investment, majority investment, non exec investment…or even a full sale”

For someone so clear that he wants financial help, he doesn’t half sounds like he’s scrambling around for any old pennies whenever he mentions it. 

87E53B23-FBEC-45DF-9ECE-78CEF5635801.jpeg

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So we can add “I want investment in football, rugby, the stadium…anything” on top of “I’ll take minority investment, majority investment, non exec investment…or even a full sale”

For someone so clear that he wants financial help, he doesn’t half sounds like he’s scrambling around for any old pennies whenever he mentions it. 

87E53B23-FBEC-45DF-9ECE-78CEF5635801.jpeg

Good luck with him getting any major investment in the rugby.

Minority interest sport at team level with a completely flawed business model.

There’s a club at the second level this season with a 2000 capacity “stadium” & another with one that holds 3000 with no seating at all..

It might well be financial madness at Championship level but no way that a Prem club goes bust the way 2 rugby ones recently have.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

3 Prem clubs - Worcester, Wasps & Irish. Plus Jersey Reds from the Championship in the last week too. 

Cheers Reg.

The Championship in rugby reminds me of the 80s when I used to watch the sport highlights on HTV.

Bloke would score a try & the only person in the picture who wasn’t playing in the game was a bloke going past who was walking his dog.

• Haha 1

Read the transcript of his rugby Q&A and thought his views were spot on, however I did have a chuckle about his take on rugby commercials needing to improve - absolutely correct of course, but when I see both City and Bears fans bemoaning the woeful merch situation, season after season, there’s more we could do closer to home….

• Like 5

• Admin
2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Read the transcript of his rugby Q&A and thought his views were spot on, however I did have a chuckle about his take on rugby commercials needing to improve - absolutely correct of course, but when I see both City and Bears fans bemoaning the woeful merch situation, season after season, there’s more we could do closer to home….

Would it be possible to share please?

I haven't seen it and sounds interesting - especially with a meeting with the club on the horizon with the SC&T

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would it be possible to share please?

I haven't seen it and sounds interesting - especially with a meeting with the club on the horizon with the SC&T

https://www.bristol247.com/sport/rugby/steve-lansdown-part-me-says-dont-want-england-win-world-cup/?fbclid=IwAR01_BIHHDb1i8tYyFvEpGSUNst9SQLyX8o0FU0bTNbtXxd3_xxN5QqOZuk

• Thanks 1