IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Never has a topic had such a united fan response 

I'd like to register my apathy.

And I don't even hate Pearson. Jesus Christ only 10 months ago I was posting telling people he'd improved us whilst we all dealt with the "Pearson out" threads on here. But he's not a saint, he's not perfect, he's not the lord and saviour, he's not Gandalf on the bridge in front of the balrog. I just find it bizarre to see so much "we must keep him" sentiment.

If he goes he goes. If that's down to a falling out with the owners then quelle surprise, but we'll move on.

Gould was the real loss, but he left for his dream job.

Apologies for posting this in the sycophantic thread.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

I've never been a fan of Pearson, but I would like to see him get a 2 year extension and be given funds in January and the summer.

I've been a supporter of Lansdown, but he's lost me, if he doesn't come out his shell and be honest with the fans and tell us what is happening.

I would love to hear 15K fans at Ashton Gate singing "Get out of our club" at him, might be the wake up call he needs!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

And I don't even hate Pearson. Jesus Christ only 10 months ago I was posting telling people he'd improved us whilst we all dealt with the "Pearson out" threads on here. But he's not a saint, he's not perfect, he's not the lord and saviour, he's not Gandalf on the bridge in front of the balrog. I just find it bizarre to see so much "we must keep him" sentiment.

If he goes he goes. If that's down to a falling out with the owners then quelle surprise, but we'll move on.

Whilst I don’t agree with all of this, maybe even most of it, I do think it’s worth remembering there is often a silent minority / majority in these threads that don’t post, who may not agree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I have to say this but 2-3 loses in a row and things suddenly change on this forum as well and people start questioning Nige’s job

Not sure the questions would be asked of Nige tbh. I think our supporters understand what a top job he's done with the financial restrictions we have had to work under.

The upper echelons on the other hand might get some stick!

Only my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I have to say this but 2-3 loses in a row and things suddenly change on this forum as well and people start questioning Nige’s job

I’m all for an extension for him but I can see why SL is being cautious, if this is the reason 

Also, I’m pretty sure Nige has told him some home truths about running a football club and not gone down well 

surely the club would be a better proposition with a trusted, successful manager in charge, already running a tight ship etc etc.

personally i think np should send a memo upstairs asking for some indication as to whether or not he needs to start making new plans for next year. surely hes entitled to that,

and im sure aswell hes told a few how they are doing things wrong, they cant knock him for it,thats his job

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hardly sycophantic, more highlighting the madness of the assumed position. As your getting into Lord of the Rings territory assume it’s like the fella that stuck both himself and his son on a funeral pyre, unnecessary madness…

• Like 1

Also one to say ive changed my mind on pearson. Still don't think he's the person to take us forward/up but he deserves another year but I also wouldn't be massively gutted if he dod leave. 

I do really hope it was JL telling him not to play Andy king. The utter utter incompetent *** 🤣

Edited by BasSavage88

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Out of interest, why was he the "real loss"?

Do you think his loss is more significant than Nige's would be?

I think I saw Gould as the buffer between the shite and the cream. I can’t see the COO/finance controller doing the same.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

I don't think Steve ever recovered from the Ashton/Johnson era. That was his last big push and now he's quite clearly not into it anymore 

Yes , he , his ego and lack of savvy ,was shown up in a major way 

Embarrassed I would say

He deals that with getting bolshy and sticking two fingers up to the fans

2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

How the club haven’t extended it yet is beyond me, Lansdown has been happy with many managers before to keep handing out extensions.

Completely baffling how he thinks they would be able to find anyone better at the moment.  

I agree. But I suppose given the incompetence Lansdown has shown in picking Managers then this latest fiasco just shows how totally unsuited he is, in making decisions that benefit the club in footballing terms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Very peculiar comments from NP. A man on borrowed time?

I don’t think we will get anyone currently available who is any better than NP so for that reason he should stay for another season for me. 

Another season ?

How generous

I would hope that if approached with those sentiments and the offer of a whole 12 months extension ,after the job he’s done , and all the work he’s done ,  Nigel tells Stephen to stick his job up his rectum until his cheeks grow rosier , and headbutts Jon as he strides out the door 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

3 year deal and a significantly more generous percentage of the Scott fee IMO. He is working with one hand tied behind his back, NP.

By 3 years, I don't mean 3 years from now I literally mean from the expiry of his current deal, 3 years- could make it from now to summer 2027, Idk.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Another season ?

How generous

I would hope that if approached with those sentiments and the offer of a whole 12 months extension ,after the job he’s done , and all the work he’s done ,  Nigel tells Stephen to stick his job up his rectum until his cheeks grow rosier , and headbutts Jon as he strides out the door 

Flying Headbutt 

If I’m honest, I don’t mind the lack of contract negotiations. We’re still at the start of an important season, as much as I think Pearsons doing a good job we can’t rush into it. 

Where I am annoyed is the questioning of the managers starting 11 by the hierarchy, especially when Andy King is a very well respected player at the club

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henry said:

I think I saw Gould as the buffer between the shite and the cream. I can’t see the COO/finance controller doing the same.

OK. Fair. Yes, I've heard him described as a good mediator between "board" (SL) and manager. 

Since Phil Alexander left, this position doesn't even exist.

Telling...

• Like 4

I mean, I get it, imagine spending millions of your tax savings investing millions on a local football club, only for the fans to prefer the grumpy and understated manager you personally phoned and asked to take the job  you were forced to employ by your board.

The egos got to take a hit when he calls you out on your nonsense  when the manager doesn’t recognise your undoubted wealth of knowledge when you interfere provide feedback. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

It's worrying and opens up a can of worms of what actually goes on behind closed doors. 

NP has to have his contract extended. He has stabilised a ship that was sinking. Saved the club millions in the process. How the owners cannot see this is madness, but unsurprising. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Out of interest, why was he the "real loss"?

Do you think his loss is more significant than Nige's would be?

Yeh I do. To my knowledge Gould was a bit of a buffer, or mediator, between the owners and Pearson. He didn't always see eye to eye with Pearson, but he was able to manage the manager whilst also keeping the owner happy. That's a skill that we missed under Alexander. Without Gould there's no salve to heal the abrasion between Pearson and the owner.

I'd also give Gould the bulk of the credit for the FFP reset. Pearson dealt with the impact of that reset on the squad, but Gould was the CEO dealing with the numbers, with the owner, and with the financial lads at Bristol Sport.

I was genuinely upset when Gould left. Not angry because I don't begrudge a man taking the job of a lifetime, but honestly I was annoyed. I felt that was the point where we really lost all possibility of promotion any time soon.

I think by the way that Gould + Pearson would have led to steady progression towards a high finish, possibly even top 6. I don't think [A. N. Other] + Pearson is going to get us there. The new board room structure is even more shit and gives us even less hope.

Maybe that's me being a Gould sycophant, and thus I'm a hypocrite, but you asked so I'll answer.

• Like 6