IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

Bit of a frustrating night, wasn’t a bad performance just as someone else said a bit desperate in front of goal.

Thought their fans were decent first half and at the end but definitely quietened them for much of the second half.

Wasnt much in the way of Pearson support from us though, 5 mins at the start maybe and a couple of goes near the end

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’re just so midtable it hurts. Win one, lose one, draw one. I’m 40. I swear I’m going to be on my deathbed age 90 with us sitting 14th in the Championship, while Torquay or someone have just qualified for the Champions League.

I've had an further twenty years of hurt and the emotions just get worse. We had all the ingredients but no-one with the right recipe.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thought Hickman was excellent tonight. Wouldn’t mind if we made his loan move permanent 

Doesn’t that involve our owner spending some money?

Don’t hold your breath, we already have him on a season long loan, SL won’t want to do that if he can avoid it.

1 minute ago, Harry R said:

I'm 39. I've seen us play far too many seasons in League 1 to get too upset about us being reliably mid-table in the Championship. 

You’re satisfied to be “reliably mid-table in the Championship”? Really? You’re honestly saying after nearly four decades on earth, you’re happy to have seen us achieve less than Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea, Cardiff, Swindon, Barnsley, Reading, Wigan, Burnley, Blackpool, Stoke and Bradford?

Good for you. I’m sick to death of it.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

Lansdown needs to go. This football club is going nowhere. Quite frankly it is shocking that the AS money was not invested in some key positions to strengthen this meagre squad, the Bristol Sport ideaology, sides like Ipswich overtaking us, etc. 

He has no idea how to run a football club. He’s happy to just hang this football club out to dry until he finds a buyer. Losing faith under Lansdown’s tenure. He has no interest in the football nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

Nothing wrong with effort but we are hopeless creating from open play. We needed forwards and creative players going into the season and it never happened. We had quantity but no real quality. Idk how many we scored this season but am quite sure the majority from some kind of corner free kick or long throw. Good option to have but bad when it is your main route to goals. Why we are in for another boring lower midtable finish. 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

You’re satisfied to be “reliably mid-table in the Championship”? Really? You’re honestly saying after nearly four decades on earth, you’re happy to have seen us achieve less than Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea, Cardiff, Swindon, Barnsley, Reading, Wigan, Burnley, Blackpool, Stoke and Bradford?

Just take a breath and except it, because it’s not going to change until the ownership does. 

• Like 4

Decent performance, but Ispwich always looked like they had a second gear.

On another night, the two Dickie headers, the Conway header, Cornick’s shot, even the Conway free kick end up as 2 or 3 goals.

But even if we’d scored, I’d have fancied Ipswich to get another. One of those games where a 2-2 draw may have been a fair result, but we came down on the wrong side of a few chances.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, fixit said:

I've had a further twenty years of hurt and the emotions just get worse. We had all the ingredients but no-one with the right recipe.

If you’re 60 that means you’ve seen us in the top flight. Count yourself lucky! I genuinely don’t think there is a more long-suffering group of supporters in football than City fans of my generation, in terms of achievement against potential.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
9 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Genuine question - what do you think "the most out of this squad" is?

On a night like tonight; Fewer mistakes and being able to be compete for 90 minutes, against any team in the division.

It's not too much to ask, especially when you consider some of the talent we have.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Spot on. Absolutely cannot understand the mentality of those who view midtable Championship as success.

Nights like tonight, in which we see a team in League 1 last season beat us and sit in the top 2 of the Championship, should absolutely enrage our fanbase.

As a club, we really do lack ambition sometimes (certain portions of the fanbase included)

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Totally bloody agree. I actually said as I left the ground tonight that I’m not sure we’re necessarily that boring a team to watch, but my god we are so boring as a club.

Something needs to happen. We are painfully stale. I’ve never previously been one to think the owners are the issue, but frankly it’s a worth a shot that they might be.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Spot on. Absolutely cannot understand the mentality of those who view midtable Championship as success.

Nights like tonight, in which we see a team in League 1 last season beat us and sit in the top 2 of the Championship, should absolutely enrage our fanbase.

As a club, we really do lack ambition sometimes (certain portions of the fanbase included)

We literally did what Ipswich are doing in 2007. We almost made it.

• Like 2