IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

It's so obvious where are problems are, the board have completely tied our managers hands behind his back! Told to cut wages promote kids hes made millions in transfer revenues which only a small fraction has been distributed to him we can only afford injury prone players no real wonder why there all in the treatment room players having to be played out of position kids who aren't ready getting shoe horned into the 1st team this is all down to one man the constraints lansdown puts on this team is astonishing yes I get all the stadium and training facilities stuff thats all great but recruitment, medical department and proper investment into the playing side is what we need

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Champs said:

Of course it was, but just because you are missing a number of players it doesn’t mean the manager is immune from criticism. 

So with the exception of starting Conway instead of Bell or Cornick and perhaps Knight-Lebel instead of Jones what could we have done that didn’t involve multiple positional changes today? Perhaps put in Idehen instead of Jones and played Pring left back? We’re not talking about changes that would make a massive difference tbh. Whatever you did we are left with a sub-standard starting eleven due to a huge injury crisis that we seem to be a bit in the dark about.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

It's so obvious where are problems are, the board have completely tied our managers hands behind his back! Told to cut wages promote kids hes made millions in transfer revenues which only a small fraction has been distributed to him we can only afford injury prone players no real wonder why there all in the treatment room players having to be played out of position kids who aren't ready getting shoe horned into the 1st team this is all down to one man the constraints lansdown puts on this team is astonishing yes I get all the stadium and training facilities stuff thats all great but recruitment, medical department and proper investment into the playing side is what we need

They're not injury prone as such when they join a lot of the time, it just seems it seems to go badly wrong here. Check the availability record in recent years across a number of clubs for a number of the players.

4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I am sure many of you see this in your professional lives; managing people out. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

So with the exception of starting Conway instead of Bell or Cornick and perhaps Knight-Lebel instead of Jones what could we have done that didn’t involve multiple positional changes today? Perhaps put in Idehen instead of Jones and played Pring left back? We’re not talking about changes that would make a massive difference tbh. Whatever you did we are left with a sub-standard starting eleven due to a huge injury crisis that we seem to be a bit in the dark about.

You’ve just given some examples yourself. How do you know they wouldn’t have made a difference? Pearsons job to make these decisions and unfortunately we were pretty ineffective in open play, as we have been actually all season even when we didn’t have the injuries. Yes he has had it hard here, but there hasn’t been a time since he started where I have been convinced we were making real progress  in terms of quality of football. Fleeting moments yes, but that seems to some up his spell with us…..so far.

Edited by Champs
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, One Team said:

I am sure many of you see this in your professional lives; managing people out. 

Definitely looks like pearson is being completely set up to fail. Which is remarkable given the professionalism shown by him and his staff and the work he has put in to stabilise the football club. He has earned the right to be back and supported its disgraceful the whole set up is laughable jon Lansdown ? He's a figure head steve doesn't communicate with thr fans no wonder Alexander walked sell the bloody club if your not interested

• Like 4
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Definitely looks like pearson is being completely set up to fail. Which is remarkable given the professionalism shown by him and his staff and the work he has put in to stabilise the football club. He has earned the right to be back and supported its disgraceful the whole set up is laughable jon Lansdown ? He's a figure head steve doesn't communicate with thr fans no wonder Alexander walked sell the bloody club if your not interested

He says he’s trying to get new investment in. My guess is they look at the structure Steve has set up and think sod that. The bloke has had enough of his toy but he can’t get rid of it!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Champs said:

You’ve just given some examples yourself. How do you know they wouldn’t have made a difference? Pearsons job to make these decisions and unfortunately we were pretty ineffective in open play, as we have been actually all season even when we didn’t have the injuries. Yes he has had it hard here, but there hasn’t been a time since he started where I have been convinced we were heading in the right direction. Fleeting moments yes, but that seems to some up his spell with us…..so far.

In the same way how do I know that my suggestions wouldnt have resulted in a 5-0 battering and the hindsight experts losing their shit even more?

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

In the same way how do I know that my suggestions wouldnt have resulted in a 5-0 battering and the hindsight experts losing their shit even more?

We don’t, but it’s his job to make the right decisions, James looked well out of place today. The sub who came on looked better. Either way, I’m not seeing a huge amount of progress on the pitch, both before the injuries and now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
40 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Weimann has never been great being asked to play wide right, or left, because he simply doesn't. He always drifts infield and stays there, leaving us with no out ball down the touchline. What has gone off for him is his finishing, when he had the season where he mainly played central and scored 22, everything was going in for him. Today he had 2 chances, first one he did well to reach but flicked well over, 2nd one a free header from a HTC fk, he headed well over when he arguably should be scoring, certainly working the keeper.

ooc at end of this season, and time to move on I'd say. 

When he signed for City he  said that one of the reasons for signing for was that LJ said he would play him in the middle. LJ did play him there for a few games, and Weimann scored a few but, as all forwards do, he  had a barren spell so LJ moved him to a wide position. Since then he’s been shunted around in just about every midfield and forward position plus wingback. 

37 minutes ago, Champs said:

You’ve just given some examples yourself. How do you know they wouldn’t have made a difference? Pearsons job to make these decisions and unfortunately we were pretty ineffective in open play, as we have been actually all season even when we didn’t have the injuries. Yes he has had it hard here, but there hasn’t been a time since he started where I have been convinced we were making real progress  in terms of quality of football. Fleeting moments yes, but that seems to some up his spell with us…..so far.

I don’t know how many games you’ve watched this season but apart from 1 or 2 we’ve not been totally outclassed and and at times we’ve held on for a result (draw/win) where previous recent iterations of City would have been well beaten, that’s the difference he’s made. As part of the same point in those games a large number of the goal’s conceded have been off the back of poor decision making rather than out and out good play. There has been progress but I suspect your starting point is not wanting NP in the first place, so therefore would not be prepared to recognise it

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Champs said:

We don’t, but it’s his job to make the right decisions, James looked well out of place today. The sub who came on looked better. Either way, I’m not seeing a huge amount of progress on the pitch, both before the injuries and now.

Finally managed to get on the train after being kettled like an animal outside the station for well over an hour.  And the less said about the shit show at the stadium with the stewarding the better.   But anyway, enough of the tiny violin!
I can’t believe some of the deluded comments on here again tonight.   What did people actually expect today with our threadbare squad?  To smash them? We played well second half and could’ve and maybe should’ve come away with a point.   It was a good display in really trying circumstances. Get behind the team! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I don’t know how many games you’ve watched this season but apart from 1 or 2 we’ve not been totally outclassed and and at times we’ve held on for a result (draw/win) where previous recent iterations of City would have been well beaten, that’s the difference he’s made. As part of the same point in those games a large number of the goal’s conceded have been off the back of poor decision making rather than out and out good play. There has been progress but I suspect your starting point is not wanting NP in the first place, so therefore would not be prepared to recognise it

I think you’re coming at it from a strange perspective, after 3+ years we are now in a position where we are now sneaking points and not being ‘well beaten’. From my perspective I think we should be further in the progression journey than we are, and I think it was evident from the first game of against Preston that breaking down sides was/is a concern this season……injuries or not.