IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

Just now, Davefevs said:

Fair play Owers - said it shouldn’t be him sat there tonight, should be someone from the club explaining it to the fans who they expect to support the club on Saturday.

Liked the β€˜customers’ little dig πŸ˜‚

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Ultimately football fans are fickle. If the new guy improves us then it will be Nige who for a lot of peopleΒ 

Maybe but I am sorry I think that misses the point. It is pretty clear to me that this decision was made for non football reasons. It is about the ego of the chairman of the board and Pearson being prepared to stand up to him and call it out. No successful organisation can run itself like that. No one is always right and Pearson, the fans and everyone else has to have the right to challenge those in power without fear of persecution. Once that is lost the organisation as a whole is in deep trouble.Β 
Β 

JL and the board clearly cannot accept criticism will need to either change or go. No manager of substance will put up with them.

• Like 1

Just now, The Coach said:

Playing highlights of Nigel Pearson interviews. From his first to many more during his time here.

Almost like listening to an ex girlfriends voice notes when you were together.

Comment , club will still have the same problems whether I’m here or notΒ 

Β 

time will tell if he’s proven right , but like his comment of Scott playing for England , he’ll be right on two occasionsΒ 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Cross 'The board declined to join us on the programme' off your bingo cards folks...

Didn't see that one coming.

This sad saga is full of surprises.

I'm sure there must be a good reason. I hope they're okay.

If they're unwell, perhaps they should be encouraged to leave on medical grounds.

Only suggesting this because we care as much about their well-being as they did about Nigel's.Β 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

At this point, I'd just settle for "respect for the fanbase", if I'm honest.

And that means progressing the sale of the club as quickly as he can because he demonstrably lacks the energy and fresh ideas to take the club forward.Β 

I don’t think it’s anything to with energy, or ideas. I’ve thought for a while now that SL is a whack job. I don’t think he has any intention of selling up and enjoys his god-like status at the gate with his sycophants lips attached firmly to his backside. Will he continue to gaslight us about being in β€˜talks’ with potential suitors? Been talking a long, long time Stevo!Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Nest Egg said:

I am liking this montage but you would think he's just died!

The part where he said something like 'speak to someone above me for once if you can find anyone' might have cost him his job but I worry that with the current leaders left that the hard work on improving the clubs culture and identity will ultimately be for nothing long term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Baba Yaga said:

The part where he said something like 'speak to someone above me for once if you can find anyone' might have cost him his job but I worry that with the current leaders left that the hard work on improving the clubs culture and identity will ultimately be for nothing long term.

Said exactly that to my partner when it played in the montage. His card was marked after that

• Like 1