IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

5 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Because the board didn't feel it was working 

With about quarter of the season gone we've won 5 and for each of NPs Seasons we've ended on 15 wins 

Board wanted more, they're really gunning for the Prem, overly ambitious tbf 8th 12th would be a step up for me, but hey ho

However that's what they believe we can achieve.

Clear from Tins vid this isn't a start again, and would tie in with the sometimes it isn't the person who does the dirty work to get things altered that gets the glory, quite often it's the next one .

Really gunning for the Prem? Based on what?

We don't sell a £25m star and refuse to replace him, making the squad worse, and then expect better results.

Never mind the 1 GK situtaion (who probably isn't good enough longer term)

They're either making excuses or delusional.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Amiga_Steve said:

Just watched this and the JL one and they both say how we have a good squad, play good football and have some injuries - basically outlining all of the reasons why we shouldn't have just sacked our manager. 

I agree with this.

There may have been justification if they had someone specific lined up, or they believed could take us to the next level.

If they'd come out and said we've got a good squad, and we think <insert manager name> here is the one to get more from it, then you could probably make sense of it.

The fact they've pulled the trigger with presumably no one lined up is crazy - especially with 2 must win games ahead.

It's not even like a normal situation where you may get a "new manager" bounce next week - because the players are likely pissed off themselves. It's not like NP had lost the dressing room.

• Like 5

It’s the arrogance of it that gets me. Paraphrasing but essentially saying that We’ve got this great squad and the rest of the championship find us difficult to defend against, and we’re going to play this particular style of football and the new HC will take that forward. 

i don’t think many people would say we have a top 6 squad. With some astute additions from the Scott money, it could have been. But top 10 this season would have been continued progression on the pitch and we’d surely have been happy about that. Barring injuries, we’d either be in the top 6 or not very far out of it under Nige. Injuries have killed us, there ain’t many teams that could sustain that many injuries in key positions and continue picking up points. 

if BT was taking forward this establish way of playing that he’d been successful with elsewhere, then fair enough. But it does smack of comments he made when becoming manager previously, and we know how that turned out. 

Nige has gone and ain’t coming back, so we need to now recruit the best fit for the club - someone who presumably will bring their own staff (well, let’s at least hope they know a good Head of Physio, anyway). Surely the best fit includes the remit of deciding how we best play with the players we have available and what their blueprint is for the future, not just having to accept BT’s vision and work to it. Remarkable how he’s come to have so much power having achieved so little outside of what he’s done with the Academy. 

just can’t help feeling we’re getting it totally wrong (quelle surprise) and we’re going to implode.  

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

The situation all makes makes sense now with hindsight - Tinnion power grab. As others have said, lets hope that he turns out to be a better Technical Director than he was a Manager - surely couldn't be worse. At least Swansea Away has already been played this season.

Really shocked at just how amateurishly the whole situation has been handled and my expectations were already low. 

Gutted to have lost Nige and emailed his agent Dean Eldredge to pass on my thanks for making me feel connected with the team again over the past couple of years. It is embarrassing how he has been treated by the club. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

I'm thinking the final question could have been.....

So Brian, you, Jon and Steve believe the squad of players is good enough. You will choose the person to lead them to at least the playoffs.

If he doesn't, will all 3 of you admit you failed and got it badly wrong and leave Bristol City?

• Like 5
  • Robin 2

Just now, zider_drinker said:

Embarrassing to watch.Just adds insult to injury.

Yep, he’s talking utter bollocks, the players we’ve got are suited to counter attacking football. Last season, particularly after Christmas when Alex Scott really came into his own we were much better in possession, but without him we don’t really have much creativity in midfield.

He talked about the  pace in the team, that’s not much good when trying to break a team down when you’re chasing the game, that’s where you need someone who can play that killer pass, and we don’t have anyone capable of that at the moment. 

There should have been a creative midfielder lined up to come in, it was blatantly obvious AS was going to be off, and as Tins is in charge of recruitment, then he’s culpable. 

• Like 1

Probably mentioned elsewhere but not having time to read through 12 pages so will make the comment myself…

Both BT and JL interviews are a cop out! Wouldn’t go on radio, instead released a premeditated interview under no pressure to answer real questions. And even then they have failed to address any of the points the fans are angry about, the main one being why sack Pearson!

It goes from bad to worse with this club.

Edit: I know they did give a reason, it was just bullsh!t!

Edited by formerly known as ivan

35 minutes ago, 42nite said:

So Brian, you, Jon and Steve believe the squad of players is good enough. You will choose the person to lead them to at least the playoffs.

If he doesn't, will all 3 of you admit you failed and got it badly wrong and leave Bristol City?

Well they actually said promotion!

7 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

What I would say is the club have at least realised people are angry and they need to get a comms message out.

At the same time, they've potentially set a rod up for their own backs here as the new manager has to

a) play front foot, attacking, pressing football (i.e probably not Gary Rowett or Nathan Jones)

b) reduce the number of injuries

c) get the team up the league

d) keep bringing young players through.

To be honest, if they did all that, I'd be delighted and I might even hold my hands up and say maybe the club got it right and we got it wrong. But there are a lot of "ifs" there and, now they've set out the terms the new manager has to succeed on, they don't have a lot of room to justify themselves if those four things don't happen 

You forgot 

e) Once the young players play regularly for the first team sell them at big money and when the manager doesn’t like it . Sack him

Edited by gavlin

41 minutes ago, 42nite said:

do you remember the Lansdown quote back in the day "judge me on Tinnion"

Well, Tinnion crashed and burned, absolutely nothing happened but  several managerial trainwrecks later we are here - so to answer, No, SL is full of shit, will never take the rap

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amiga_Steve said:

Just watched this and the JL one and they both say how we have a good squad, play good football and have some injuries - basically outlining all of the reasons why we shouldn't have just sacked our manager. 

It’s ridiculous. But ego’s win out, biggest voice gets moved on. Fully expecting Williams to be the new HC. 

All this stems from the selling of alex Scott. 

Nige wanted Yates but asked for money upfront before the Scott departure so he could secure the move. Was promised money and when asked it was denied. 

Wanted another striker (langstaff, from Notts C) but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

Asked to develop Conway to be sold for 20+ plus million in 2 years time. 

No interviews currently being done, what a shit show this club is. I'm beyond angry!!

Edited by Full nelson
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

All this stems from the selling of alex Scott. 

Nige wanted Yates but asked for money upfront before the Scott departure so he could secure the move. Was promised money and when asked it was denied. 

Wanted another striker but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

Asked to develop Conway to be sold for 20+ plus million in 2 years time. 

No interviews currently being done, what a shit show this club is. I'm beyond angry!!

This is new

• Like 2