IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

10 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

All this stems from the selling of alex Scott. 

Nige wanted Yates but asked for money upfront before the Scott departure so he could secure the move. Was promised money and when asked it was denied. 

Wanted another striker but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

Asked to develop Conway to be sold for 20+ plus million in 2 years time. 

No interviews currently being done, what a shit show this club is. I'm beyond angry!!

I won't defend the board but didn't think a striker was a top priority. Not with Conway, Wells, Weimann when all fit through the middle. Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti. More pressing I thought was a 4th CB, a creative type post Scott in midfield and perhaps a GK to truly push and compete with O'Leary.

Do like Yates though. A good addition had we got him and an element of future proofing given the age of Weimann and Wells.

Conway deal expires in 2025 so...unless there is a year option.in his contract but 2 years from now he may well be out of contract?

It's certainly new as mozo said!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Tinnion is not the professional voice the Ls should be relying on during the appointment process.  He is a failed manager with very little relevant experience upon which to base advice.  Another yes man.

As I have said on earlier SL management appointments there is a need to bring in really experienced consultants, ie managers who have done it, CEOs who have done it, etc.

I despair at this ongoing amateur management at City.  It smacks not of the last century but the 19th.

5 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Sadly there is a whiff of this

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to "a level of respective incompetence": employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another.

Considering SL is from a business background you would think he would understand how to appoint the correct people for each job. But, as has been mentioned on numerous occasions, Peter Hargreaves seems to have been the brains. All the top people at the club seem to be at the level of Unconscious Incompetence - i.e. they don’t know how to do something properly and don’t recognise their deficiencies 

• Admin
3 hours ago, downendcity said:

What I find most frustrating about this whole situation is that BT has overseen the development of probably the best group of academy graduates for many years, if not ever.

Under NP's management, Tins' work with the academy has been made doubly effective by having a manager willing to blood young players and to trust them to become integral parts of the first team, albeit some of that might have out of necessity.

There is little doubt that our academy is probably our most important assert going forward. Will the next manager be equally prepared to continue the academy pathway to the first team, as did NP?

They have to be, it’s part of the job description as per Tins’ interview today. I can’t bring myself to watch it again to transcribe so I’ll paraphrase, “We will have one way of playing throughout the club and when the first team need a player we’ll have one who’s been playing that way for 3 years in the Academy”. Also worth noting that the RHPC is “second to none”, take that Man City!

1 hour ago, HibbsyBCFC said:

The guy can't even spell the word "technical" correctly on his LinkedIn profile. Totally over-promoted. 

They'd better unearth the next Thomas Frank through either luck or judgement, otherwise Tinnion's time here will end the same way as Les Ferdinand's reign as QPR's Director of Football.

What’s the point in getting a capable tactician in as HC? He has to play the Bristol City tactics (and team selections must be approved at board level). Effectively Tinnion is our new manager and we are just interviewing for someone to do the boring drills on the training field.

5 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Nige wanted Yates but asked for money upfront before the Scott departure so he could secure the move. Was promised money and when asked it was denied. 

Wanted another striker but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

No interviews currently being done, what a shit show this club is. I'm beyond angry!!

Conway will be sold this Summer when he has 12 months remaining on his deal. Having seen his best mate leave and start to excel in the PL and the manager he loved treated how he was treated he’ll be off as soon as he can. And his replacement will be Yeboah.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I won't defend the board but didn't think a striker was a top priority. Not with Conway, Wells, Weimann when all fit through the middle. Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti. More pressing I thought was a 4th CB, a creative type post Scott in midfield and perhaps a GK to truly push and compete wirh O'Leary. Do like Yates though.

Conway deal expires in 2025 so...unless there is a year option.in his contract but 2 years from now he may well be out of contract?

It's certainly new as mozo 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I won't defend the board but didn't think a striker was a top priority. Not with Conway, Wells, Weimann when all fit through the middle. Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti. More pressing I thought was a 4th CB, a creative type post Scott in midfield and perhaps a GK to truly push and compete wirh O'Leary. Do like Yates though.

It's certainly new as mozo said!

There is something in what I said a few posts back. I may not have explained it well. My bad. 

Don't shoot me, please 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm sat here wondering how Tins who's not very articulate has somehow managed to get both Alexander and Pearson out of the door and placed himself in such a position of authority. 

Maybe.....just Maybe.........him and The Boy are best buddies?

• Like 2

What an utter car crash of an interview.  Not everyone was content with the summer transfer window... we needed strengthening.  Lansdown took the cheap option and held on to the sales money instead opting to run the risk with a thin squad.  Now it's backfired Pearson has been made the fall guy for poor decision making. 

This pr1ck has the look of one who welded the knife.  I'll keep hold of my money next season I think. Seriously had it. 

• Like 3

The most damning thing in these 2 interviews released today is neither say :

"Nigel was a big part of everything we have done but we just want to take the next step. "

The lack of his name even being mentioned once shows you cant believe a word of what has been said on an in house media channel. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Wanted another striker (langstaff, from Notts C) but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

Yates?

23 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Wanted another striker (langstaff, from Notts C) but was told you got two players in Bell and Conway. 

I'm sorry, but this sounds like  Fox News.?...........You can surely appreciate that this appears to be a case of not letting facts get in the way of a good story?  Do you have any proof or factual evidence of your claims?....If this is genuine then i stand corrected, but i find this hard to believe?

Sorry Tinns, but that interview was absolute bollocks.

"We've got real competition - two players for every position" - sorry but you cannot say that MOL has any serious competition for the number 1 jersey at present. 

"This is the best squad we've had in a long time" - absolute nonsense. 

All the references to style of play and a new head coach having to work under this remit indicate to me that you have far too much influence at the club. Let's not forget you were not a success as a manager at this club. Why should we trust any of your opinions on how we should be playing/instructing our coaches to coach?

Lots of reference made to the likes of Pring, Vyner et al. All I take from this is that we have become far too focussed on the academy, and completely taken our eyes off of the fact that to even just maintain pace with the rest of this savage division, you need year on year investment in the playing squad.

Deary me what an absolute car crash of an interview.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I'm sorry, but this sounds like  Fox News.?...........You can surely appreciate that this appears to be a case of not letting facts get in the way of a good story?  Do you have any proof or factual evidence of your claims?....If this is genuine then i stand corrected, but i find this hard to believe?

Please stand corrected 😉 I'm only passing on info I've been told from someone within the club. 

48 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Jesus. Sack the manager and have no clue on who to be the successor…how can this happen 

Edited by Finley_Smith10

This all absolutely stinks.

The Lansdown family can do one, that is a given.

What I can't stick is a former club legend who is also kneck deep in this shit. I've shared a few conversations with Tinman over the years, idolised you as a player, now I just think your as bad as the rest of these clowns. The bloke has lost all respect for me and also needs to **** off.

Sad times.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Jesus. Sack the manager and have no clue on who to be the successor…how can this happen 

Those who fail to learn from History..........are doomed to repeat their failings?    This is the Johnson/Holden debacle all over again?  I sincerely hope i am wrong, ......but how can anybody have faith in these clowns? 

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

This all absolutely stinks.

The Lansdown family can do one, that is a given.

What I can't stick is a former club legend who is also kneck deep in this shit. I've shared a few conversations with Tinman over the years, idolised you as a player, now I just think your as bad as the rest of these clowns. The bloke has lost all respect for me and also needs to **** off.

Sad times.

It's a disgrace. 

Bringing Tinnion in from the back door. 

What respectable coach would work under these restrictive ludicrous conditions?

A pure embarrassment. They are treating the club and its fans with utter contempt. 

I cant support this. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I’m furious as anyone about Pearson’s sacking and I think my other posts will bear that out but there are two things in this topic I do slightly disagree with.

1) the idea they it is an inherently terrible thing that we have a Technical Director/DoF-type figure who ensures that what the manager is doing fits in with the club’s wider strategy. 

I actually think - in principle - that is a good thing and leaves us much better protected if a manager suddenly leaves as it means - in theory - we’re not constantly rebuilding from scratch when the manager changes. Obviously we will see in the coming weeks what happens in practice but I do think the shambolic succession of managers between GJ and Cotts shows why there need to be someone who is not the manager ensuring consistency.

2) the idea that Brian Tinnion is a terrible choice for Technical Director due to lack of experience. He is an ex player who has spent the last 15 years working in backstage strategy roles in football. I think his background suits the role far more than someone who has not worked in football or someone who has only coached or managed - which is very different to working on the strategy side.

Don’t get me wrong - my view is sacking Pearson is a terrible decision and Tinnion may well be completely unsuitable for the job he is doing. But I don’t think the actual job is a bad thing so much as the execution of it and I think an ex footballer who has worked in football development roles is as suited as anyone to do it, even if it turns out Tinnion’s personal attributes mean he is wrong for the job despite relevant experience.

PS for clarity, I think Pearson had a far better strategic overview of the club than Tinnion, the board, the owner or anyone I can remember at the club for a long time. But I think that is very unusual in a manager and you generally need a Technical Director or Director of Football as most managers are much more short termist.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Dunno Marcus , I'm not the board and am paraphrasing what they've said this video and over the Summer.

They want promotion .

Goalkeeper we've stagnated in the last season or two , keepers seemed to have got worse since Gilmartin went ( now at Ipswich iirc)

Bajic untested and Max seems to be according to reports here going through a bit of a slump.

I think the board have a 'vision'that's clear whether anyone can achieve it is another story.

I just don’t think their actions back up their vision? But yea I’d agree on the face of it they state their vision and their aims 

Guess it’s obvious now that it was Tinnion questioning Nige’s selection of Andy King at CB. The audacity of it. Could’ve done with King at CB vs Swansea all those years ago- might not have got done 7-1. 

Not sure I’ve got the stomach to pay to watch Tinnion inevitably piss away Nige’s hard work in the coming months. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1