IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

Find it odd, or maybe just sad, that we’ve all seen plenty of times that NP has been called out for his periods of managerial under performance, or at least underwhelming performance. But he at least has had plenty of actual, real success. Now we’re asked to buy into the vision of a group of people with zero history of success.

We’re expected to believe that Tinnion is the person to have the skills to see what’s needed to get to the Prem… ahead of someone who actually has achieved getting to the Prem.

We’re expected to believe JL’s/SL’s strategy of “I want to be in the Prem because I burned a lot of money 5 years ago” in some way resembles an actual strategy, when not prepared to spend money vs what’s plausibly required?!?

Whilst the Bristol Sport bots have been successfully called out on here, we need to avoid being collectively gaslighted by various snakes in the grass, the whole thing is ludicrous and no amount of spineless spin changes that. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’m furious as anyone about Pearson’s sacking and I think my other posts will bear that out but there are two things in this topic I do slightly disagree with.

1) the idea they it is an inherently terrible thing that we have a Technical Director/DoF-type figure who ensures that what the manager is doing fits in with the club’s wider strategy. 

I actually think - in principle - that is a good thing and leaves us much better protected if a manager suddenly leaves as it means - in theory - we’re not constantly rebuilding from scratch when the manager changes. Obviously we will see in the coming weeks what happens in practice but I do think the shambolic succession of managers between GJ and Cotts shows why there need to be someone who is not the manager ensuring consistency.

2) the idea that Brian Tinnion is a terrible choice for Technical Director due to lack of experience. He is an ex player who has spent the last 15 years working in backstage strategy roles in football. I think his background suits the role far more than someone who has not worked in football or someone who has only coached or managed - which is very different to working on the strategy side.

Don’t get me wrong - my view is sacking Pearson is a terrible decision and Tinnion may well be completely unsuitable for the job he is doing. But I don’t think the actual job is a bad thing so much as the execution of it and I think an ex footballer who has worked in football development roles is as suited as anyone to do it, even if it turns out Tinnion’s personal attributes mean he is wrong for the job despite relevant experience.

PS for clarity, I think Pearson had a far better strategic overview of the club than Tinnion, the board, the owner or anyone I can remember at the club for a long time. But I think that is very unusual in a manager and you generally need a Technical Director or Director of Football as most managers are much more short termist.

I'd just rather Nige was DoF or TD.

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’d agree with that. Usually I think appointing a manager as a DoF or TD is a terrible idea as the skill sets are different and the DoF/TD needs to be much more about the big picture than many managers are, as they need quick results to stay in a job.

But Nige definitely looked at the big picture and I reckon would be great in that kind of role.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

No one has still explained how a club that finished 14th last year, and sold its best youth player in decades while signing a couple of lads for 1-2 million and having 1 keeper who has ever played a championship game was suddenly supposed to be pushing for promotion? If tinman really believes that then we are even more screwed. In the unlikely event that we dont finish in the top 6 with no new signings in January and the new manager of their choosing, i assume he and the lansdowns will take responsibility for their decisions and resign?

For me it’s more this obvious party line of ‘as the club in 15th place in the table’. This is repeated a few times as if 15th is where we have finished. We HAVE been challenging at right end of table, are still not far off playoffs, and have quickly fallen to 15th off the back of a few bad results when struck by what they concede are massive injuries. ‘15th’ is a snapshot in time that is deliberately being exaggerated to say we are falling short. The obvious come back would be that for a lot of the season we’ve been hovering just outside top 6 - so we have usually been challenging at right end which seems to be the bar they are setting. 

I’m still not seeing ‘snake’ or some of the more vicious stuff being thrown at Tins. But it’s annoying that there is so much getting left unsaid and hinted at around injuries and style of play and training methods. Would have a lot more respect if they joined the dots and said ‘we want to play a different kind of football to Nigel’. Wouldn’t agree, but at least it would be some clarity. 

Pretty woeful as a comms exercise. Not what was needed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

This is exactly what should have happened if the "health" issue was a worry. Then get him to work on finding his succession man and carry on the exceptional work and strategy, he created. (Not Jon L and Tinnion who are now jumping on it as if they had anything to do with it) 

• Like 2

Tin hat on (forgive the pun), but I've always found something a bit odd about BT.

Let's face it, the sitting around on the bench feeling sorry for himself after the Swansea hammering was just plain weird.

Then he spends how long was it moping around and feeling hurt.

This is football, shit happens,  but then  all of a sudden he's finiding his way back into the club to be the big voice behind the scenes.

It's all a bit odd.

I wish no harm on the new guy, be it Eustice or not.. but **** me,  what a joke of a club we have become.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Tin hat on (forgive the pun), but I've always found something a bit odd about BT.

Let's face it, the sitting around on the bench moping after Swansea hammering was just plain weird.

Then he spends how long was it moping around and feeling hurt.

This is football, shit happens,  but then  all of a sudden he's finiding his way back into the club to be the big voice behind the scenes.

It's all a bit odd.

I wish no harm on the new guy, be it Eustice or not.. but **** me,  what a joke of a club we have become.

There's an awful lot of that going on on here at the moment mind. And if not moping around then lashing out at anyone and everyone.

2 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

Guess it’s obvious now that it was Tinnion questioning Nige’s selection of Andy King at CB. The audacity of it. Could’ve done with King at CB vs Swansea all those years ago- might not have got done 7-1. 

Not sure I’ve got the stomach to pay to watch Tinnion inevitably piss away Nige’s hard work in the coming months. 

It also speaks volumes as to the extent of BT’s role given Nige said it was ‘someone higher up’ or words to that effect. 

11 hours ago, headhunter said:

As will anyone we appoint be - somewhere!

Check out 2004/05, Tinnion's sole full season in charge - missed the playoffs by a point, might have made it had he not acquiesced to SL's instruction to have Keith Millen as his No.2. Win rate 39%.

OK, 05/06 started badly and ended after 8 [1-3-4] games with that 7-1 thrashing at Swansea. That takes his win % down to 36.1% which places him in the middle of the all time managerial record.

Thing with stats is this, Danny Wilson had a brilliant win ratio because he never got us up.

This meant he got loads of games against Colchester & Stockport, winning them is nowhere the achievement a point at Sunderland is, yet the win ratio is better. Context is vital, our managers who solely managed us at Championship level have to be treated differently.

If AD won 12 games out of 42 in the top flight, how can anyone honestly say that Cotts winning loads more in L1 is better? It obviously isn’t.

On a different topic just watched the video, just awful.

Play School questions from Dave Barton (money for old rope that job) & simplistic, cliched answers from a total snake.

We see you Tinnion, you have form for this.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

It would make more sense than Rowett et al.

It looks to me that SL is reverting back to the Ashton/LJ type structure with Tinnion in the MA role now that NP has steadied the ship and given them a solid platform.

Play the same football throughout the youth system, assimilate the kids through to the first team group and sell the best, recruit potential for future gain etc. along with some experienced players.

SLs nest egg strategy.

They aint going to get an established manager to go along with that, so it has to be an up and coming youngish head coach who has had success at a lower level or assisted at a higher level.

Well, it worked well last time...

Sounds like John Eustace 

11 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Weren’t we told that only one injury wasn’t an impact injury? Not sure how Nige etc can be held responsible for that. 

Nige must have been kicking them at half time.

I’ve watched both interviews again now, and the more I watch them, I think they are spoof interviews - a bit like candid camera or game for a laugh. In the next interview, Jon and Brian announce that ‘after an extensive worldwide search, and considering the required qualities that we described in our previous interviews, we’re pleased to report that we’ve found the perfect candidate. We’ve signed Nigel Pearson on a three year contract.’

Edited by eardun

11 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Major statement on its way at 12.00.National press called in. Janet the tea lady, tells all.

Sorry to have to tell you Janet was fired when She complained JL crayoned on her trolly  BT has now taken on her role until a suitable candidate can be be found

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

Guess it’s obvious now that it was Tinnion questioning Nige’s selection of Andy King at CB. The audacity of it. Could’ve done with King at CB vs Swansea all those years ago- might not have got done 7-1. 

Not sure I’ve got the stomach to pay to watch Tinnion inevitably piss away Nige’s hard work in the coming months. 

Thought it was incredibly poor how he didn’t even mention Nige and the work he had done to blood these young players which ultimately have prob helped him. Disappointing.

• Like 2

Anyone think tinnion signings of mehmeti and roberts and the lack of game time they have been given is also part reason Pearson has been moved on? Clearly tinnion has made issue with some of the team selections (king for example) so I reckon there was no doubt friction with this

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thing with stats is this, Danny Wilson had a brilliant win ratio because he never got us up.

This meant he got loads of games against Colchester & Stockport, winning them is nowhere the achievement a point at Sunderland is, yet the win ratio is better. Context is vital, our managers who solely managed us at Championship level have to be treated differently.

If AD won 12 games out of 42 in the top flight, how can anyone honestly say that Cotts winning loads more in L1 is better? It obviously isn’t.

On a different topic just watched the video, just awful.

Play School questions from Dave Barton (money for old rope that job) & simplistic, cliched answers from a total snake.

We see you Tinnion, you have form for this.

On this note, not a defence of Wilson but I checked the wage bill from his last season to Tinnion's first.

Barely moved downwards, £100k only. Finished 3rd twice under Wilson, whereas despite unleashing Lita onto a side with a highly similar wage bill, we finished 7th. Didn't make the playoffs even.

I will credit Tinnion for unleashing Lita, plus adding Per and Brooker..Scott Brown had  a bit of promise too but never pushed on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 hours ago, HibbsyBCFC said:

The guy can't even spell the word "technical" correctly on his LinkedIn profile. Totally over-promoted. 

They'd better unearth the next Thomas Frank through either luck or judgement, otherwise Tinnion's time here will end the same way as Les Ferdinand's reign as QPR's Director of Football.

I have seen this, but have not mentioned it as I believe BT should be judged on what he brings to the footballing side of the club rather than his academic ability or lack thereof.

Nevertheless, I should have thought that someone within the Club's hierarchy might have brought it to his attention, although, judging by the standard of their own site, perhaps they just hadn't noticed. 

Brian Tinnion - Tecknical Director Bristol City Fc

I was a proffesional footballer for 20 years and played 767 professional games. Starting at Newcasle United then Bradford City then Bristol City were I played 551 games worked as a coach then managed the 1st team. I've now been at Bristol City as Director of Youth Recruitment for a year having returned from Spain last May, In Spain I scouted for Everton for 5 years watching la Liga and championship games in Spain and also ran an Academy over there with 10 teams in Spanish leagues with a mix of both spainish and English players from 8 to 19.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have seen this, but have not mentioned it as I believe BT should be judged on what he brings to the footballing side of the club rather than his academic ability or lack thereof.

Nevertheless, I should have thought that someone within the Club's hierarchy might have brought it to his attention, although, judging by the standard of their own site, perhaps they just hadn't noticed. 

Brian Tinnion - Tecknical Director Bristol City Fc

I was a proffesional footballer for 20 years and played 767 professional games. Starting at Newcasle United then Bradford City then Bristol City were I played 551 games worked as a coach then managed the 1st team. I've now been at Bristol City as Director of Youth Recruitment for a year having returned from Spain last May, In Spain I scouted for Everton for 5 years watching la Liga and championship games in Spain and also ran an Academy over there with 10 teams in Spanish leagues with a mix of both spainish and English players from 8 to 19.

Wow, great spot.

We're expected that a failed Bristol City manager who can't even spell their own job title is going to propel us to the Premier League.

And a British multi-billionaire is putting all of his faith in this "proffesional".

Sums it up. Our Tinnion-pot version of Dan Ashworth.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BLRed said:

Anyone think tinnion signings of mehmeti and roberts and the lack of game time they have been given is also part reason Pearson has been moved on? Clearly tinnion has made issue with some of the team selections (king for example) so I reckon there was no doubt friction with this

Possibly. I've been wondering if Idehen or the other young CBs are part of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Wow, great spot.

We're expected that a failed Bristol City manager who can't even spell their own job title is going to propel us to the Premier League.

And a British multi-billionaire is putting all of his faith in this "proffesional".

Sums it up. Our Tinnion-pot version of Dan Ashworth.

Who is surprised, he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he?

Contrast him speaking to Pearson..

• Like 1

• Admin
9 hours ago, eardun said:

I’ve watched both interviews again now, and the more I watch them, I think they are spoof interviews - a bit like candid camera or game for a laugh. In the next interview, Jon and Brian announce that ‘after an extensive worldwide search, and considering the required qualities that we described in our previous interviews, we’re pleased to report that we’ve found the perfect candidate. We’ve signed Nigel Pearson on a three year contract.’

"Not only will Nigel buy into the club's philosophy, he created it!"

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, eardun said:

And HashTagBristolCity win the internet again with the elaborate reveal of Nige signing a new contract. Hangliding to Ashton Gate from the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Nige lands effortlessly on the centre spot, tosses his crutches aside and beams at the camera. And then I woke up.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1