IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its becoming increasingly clear to me that NP was sacked due to a fundemental disagreement on the way forward.

As I alluded to just a few posts back on this thread, now that NP has delivered a stable environment both from a financial perspective and a common football identity throughout the club, we are now seeing a reversion to the structure that got us into the mess prior to NPs appointment.

Instead of MA/LJ it looks like it could be BT/youngish up and coming head coach. Probably with a bit more oversight on the expenditure rather than MA splashing the cash.

NP would never have accepted that working arrangement, he is a manager not a head coach.

he could've done the BT role though. 

• Like 2

Feels like this could all implode soon. If we get a manager in before the next two games and we don’t get results it could all get particularly nasty. 

Seems this new head coach will have next to no say imo, will just be training the players and the more important part, sitting in front of the press taking the blame when this batshit idea of us being a promotion capable squad doesn’t come to fruition. 

As others have said, JL/BT and the board need to be held accountable for what happens next. They’ve made their bed now and should rightfully face the consequences. 

Personally, I think we are lucky there are 3 teams at the bottom of the league who are so fantastically awful.

Edited by George Rs

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its becoming increasingly clear to me that NP was sacked due to a fundemental disagreement on the way forward.

As I alluded to just a few posts back on this thread, now that NP has delivered a stable environment both from a financial perspective and a common football identity throughout the club, we are now seeing a reversion to the structure that got us into the mess prior to NPs appointment.

Instead of MA/LJ it looks like it could be BT/youngish up and coming head coach. Probably with a bit more oversight on the expenditure rather than MA splashing the cash.

NP would never have accepted that working arrangement, he is a manager not a head coach.

Again, i'd go with nige.

Look at what he built at Leicester. Lansdown has built us up well off the pitch. But on it...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

he could've done the BT role though. 

Exactly! If they want someone more visible on the training ground, hire someone for that role under Pearson. There's no way on earth Tinnion is better placed than Pearson to make judgements about team selection, style of play and recruitment. 

Tinnion is a club legend but the longer this goes on the more he becomes one of 'them', rather than one of 'us'. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Any prospective new coach with his own ideas about footballing philosophy needs to leave them parked at the door and dance to the Lansdowns' tune, because if anyone knows how to get to the PL it's them right?

Also, prior to announcing your team to the players, please submit it to Brian for approval.

On recruitment, when we sell your star player, you need not worry about signing a replacement, we'll have one ready for you from the Academy cos they'll have been "playing this way for 3 years".

I feel excited, PL here we come!

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, prankerd said:

At this rate why even get a head coach might aswel give tins the job full time as hes that deluded

Yep, what a track record he’s got as a manager.

Signed Dave Partridge, Michael Bridges, Grant Smith, & lost 7-1 in a League One game.

Pisses all over Pearson with his League One & Championship title wins, Premier League manager of the month, 4 times Championship manager of the month, doesn’t it?

• Like 4

After watching these two videos I’m starting to get over my disbelief. Thinking about what we know. The BEP stated yesterday that JL and NP actually had a good relationship. In multiple interviews it was clear that Tins and NP worked well together. We also know that SL said in April there had been some disagreements. 

So that all suggests it was SL who called time on NP, regardless of what JL and Tins thought. That would explain these two looking like hostages (minus a copy of today’s newspaper!) in the videos. Both having to toe the party line even if neither think it was the right decision. 

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Slide down the table with an inexperienced head coach and a threadbare squad for it to turn toxic for the new man and then to invite Colin to save us from relegation and then the cycle repeats itself once again. 

I'd take Warnock over most of the names banded about right now, at least it'd be funny with him in charge. 

I’d really enjoy it being Warnock actually. He’d probably do well here and at least it would be a funny appointment. Rather that than Rowett.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d really enjoy it being Warnock actually. He’d probably do well here and at least it would be a funny appointment. Rather that than Rowett.

Nightmare appointment. I dont want to watch my team cheat and roll around for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Up until the last 2 weeks I had believed that Brian Tinnion has spent years scouting, building the Academy and instrumental in getting players ready for the first team and being a BCFC legend.

But now I find he was just taking credit for all NP's work and is a alien reptile puppy killer. Tinnion (or should I say Mark Ashton's love child?)out.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I think @Davefevs has absolutely nailed it. Going forward this is all on Tins.

Tinnion was employed initially as loans manager and later as academy manager with the specific brief of preparing the youth to play in the first team. That meant ensuring he worked closely with the manager to understand what the first team write doing. 

Now, on his latest promotion he has become defacto first team director of football and has dictated the style of play from top to bottom. Both Tinnion and Junior have spoken about a single style of play throughout the club. It's clear to me that is "their" style and not the first team managers choice. 

I fully agree with the comments regarding the next appointment. It will be a young coach who will do as they're told and stick purely to coaching matters. He'll get what he's given in the transfer market and have to work with that. 

We are set for LJ mark 2. 

No doubt the board have looked across to Suffolk and seen Ashton do exactly what he did at City and bring in a coach with no managerial experience, flood the team with Ashton signings and see the team win promotion and go on to sit in second place. 

Who wants to bet that defeat at home to Ipswich was the final straw. 

If this plan fails which I'm terrified it will, we are truly ******. 

We might well be, but the thing LJ didn’t have was a “football-man” above him.  Whether Tinnion is now the “spawn of Satan” or not, we will get to see play-out.

Also, the type of head-coach they describe doesn’t have to be young per se.  It might well end up being someone young like Luke Williams, but it doesn’t have to be.  We will get to see where they’ve cast their net when more rumours start coming in.  Someone posted Dean Smith has entered the running on the betting websites.  He’s not young, but you could sort of fit him into the description.

I really wish we’d have tried to get Liam Rosenior last summer as succession planning for Nige.  Derby were in the shit, he’d played for Nige, and to my mind he was perfect.

@headhunter we talked about Tech Director vs DoF yesterday….I think it’s pretty much just a job title.  A true DoF would be more in the finances too, but that is where Rawcliffe comes in.

41 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Brilliant post! I also think the recruitment has been good overall although very light, most fans could of said that and we're saying that at the time. Too much reliance on youth to supplement the squad however I think that pot is running drier than previous seasons in terms of quality. 

The biggest issue's in my opinion are light recruitment (too much cost cutting when not necessary and not bringing in more players) unfair treatment of Nigel in terms of contract or honesty if they considered he wasn't doing his job properly on or off the field, culling our CEO after a short period and the worst part.. Absolutely terrible communication from the actual decision makers (always hiding behind other staff) no ownership and sly comments when they do. 

However, just because there is ill feeling especially regarding Nigel's recent (and in my eyes very unfair) departure we shouldn't shoot down every remaining staff i.e Tins for fronting up and reiterating our apparent strategy. We can't moan we don't have any club identity and then moan when the club is apparently trying to do this. Although time will very much tell with this! I will also say Tins has slyly said the recently departed regime could of been the issue in terms of injuries and this could actually be true (who knows!) but I don't think its appropriate to say so especially now. Again regardless of injuries and who's fault it is, there has to be ownership away from Nigel because we didn't sign enough players. 

I have my criticism of the way they've implemented this nonetheless we do have to support our team because time will ultimately tell if a new coach or if this strategy will become successful. I'm very much hoping that will be the case!!

I agree, I try to judge each on their merits.

I thought JL’s was as bad as could be.

I thought Tinnion’s was fine.  I am at least clear…that is a good start.  We can rule out Warnock.

38 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Spot on. 

And it will fail. It has failed every single time they've tried it. Because the ones dictating what we want to the head coach are completely incompetent. 

But it is a joined up decision….they are all in this together.  We can now judge them all.  We’ve not been able to do that in the past.  We’ve all been able to add our spin (me included) in the past.

Success or Failure can be attributed now.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Sounds like Tinnion fancies himself as a Backseat Manager.

Maybe he really is that thick and assumes people have either forgotten how bad he was first time around, or he holds himself respnsible for the likes of Semenyo, Bell, Scott and Conway so feels he “deserves” another crack….what a complete absolute shambles

Both depressing videos, and both confirm what has been suggested on here - Nige wasn't happy to toe the party line, and adapt enough.

Not read through all the responses, so it may have been said elsewhere, but what is worrying is the bit about youngsters coming through and will continue coming through. In other words, don't expect much transfer activity. 

As good as some of the youngsters are, even with a fully fit squad we are not good enough for promotion currently. 

If we now bring in a new coach who doesn't get promotion, then surely we'll be looking for a new one again in the Summer. That's basically the stall they're setting out isn't it?

53 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Don't disagree, I said on another thread the trouble seemed to start around or before we sold Alex, and I am disappointed that we did not bring in a couple more players. NP always said we like to get our business done early and in fairness we brought in some good players, only a few people within the club know the truth of what was agreed or not agreed about the sale of Alex and any replacement, but NP would have known he was likely to be off well before he was sold as Alex has said since he was keen to get a move done.

i'm sure Nige knew Alex would be sold; I also think he'd been led to believe that at least part of the funds from that sale would be made available.

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Maybe he really is that thick and assumes people have either forgotten how bad he was first time around, or he holds himself respnsible for the likes of Semenyo, Bell, Scott and Conway so feels he “deserves” another crack….what a complete absolute shambles

Its a total Power grab from Tinnion. SL not interested, JL a total vacuum, no CEO. He has put himself in a position of power, and can claim he has invented the style of play. The ultimate power to recruit players and also the coach. He can blame the coach for not implemeting "his style of play". Played a blinder, but unfortunately for him - all roads lead to him if we fail. Which we will.

Another, in a long line of strategic brain farts.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whether Tinnion is now the “spawn of Satan” or not, we will get to see play-out.

Yeah, I don't see Tinnion as the spawn of Satan. He has put himself right in the firing line though. He's been providing the football advice to the board. 

Yeah, of course, a head coach could come from a variety of backgrounds. I feel its more likely to be one with less experience due to the clear desire of the club to control everything. 

With this mindset, Nige was a dead man walking anyway. With his health and the need for an operation, with two very winnable games coming up and with his increasingly public comments, the board were simply looking for the right moment to bin him and implement their coaching plan. 

• Like 3