IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

(Catching up, not read the responses, so apologies if covered by others)

Exactly that, just be honest….a simple “we didn’t think Nige was the man to deliver with this squad”.  I’d respect that, instead they’ve skirted around it.

Some other digs in there too.

++++++

To digress away from the actual interview for a minute…I’ve read a lot about Tins over the past week or so, suggesting shit-stirring, etc.

I can obviously comment on that (I have!), whether I think it has legs or not, etc, etc.  But I don’t know.  The message I saw forwarded from him by someone I know suggested shit-stirring, but I never saw the rest of the conversation so context is everything isn’t it?

FWIW, what is done is done, there’s been a huge backlash.  The hierarchy need to deal with it and do better with the fans than they are.

But, going forward this is now Tinnion’s “set-up”, it will be his appointment ultimately, he was the conduit on recruitment in the summer too.  I’m not gonna sit here and revise my view, I thought summer recruitment was good, it just lacked 2 more players to give that bit of depth required.  That’s why we’ve suffered imho.

+++++++

Back to the interview.

The new manager (Head-Coach) should not have to majorly change the squad, it was recruited for in the way Tinnion describes, aggressive, pace, etc.  This is not a change.  This was the recruitment profile in March 2022 when @Harry and I (and two others) met the club and were presented to by RG and SG.  So, there should not be a case of the new manager saying the wrong players are here, they don’t meet the profile.  That’s three windows of exactly that have passed (at least - I’m sure that player profile want dreamed up last Spring), this winter being the fourth.  And in fairness I think they’ve tried to recruit to it, and it’s generally been better than before Nige came in.

So it is more about getting the current players back on the pitch asap.

Some “digs” in the interview re injuries / fitness.

Despite my disappointment / anger at Nige being sacked, the expectations are clear of the new appointment.  Importantly there is clarity of what the manager will be expected to do.  That will rule-out some, rule-in others.

From this point onwards accountability / responsibility is 100% clear.  Through SL / JL to GM / TR and into Tinnion and his new head-coach and staff, there can no longer be “division” at any level or between levels, there can no longer be scapegoats.

THIS IS THEIRS TO OWN

I hope it’s a success, I’m a City fan first and foremost.

I don't know enough about football but is Tins the one to be in charge of it all? If the new coach has to adhere to their way of thinking/playing or its the highway does that mean that Tins will be implementing the style of play etc? Picking the team...

Re injuries it's all very well talking about them from an abstract point of view but you are talking about physical bodies, they don't just magically get better. 

36 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see that there was a big bust up and disagreements behind the scenes and from comments made in that interview probable to do with training and player injuries, anyone who thought the reasons given are the full story are naive and equally those who think the club will come out and explain and give details of whats gone on are even more naive, businesses rightly do not wash there laundry in public.

You don't have to be Poirot to work out that the crux of the disagreement is the Alex Scott money. 

Person had a plan for when Scott departed yet when he made the amount the club was looking for, his plan had the rug pulled out from undèr it by the club refusing to release any of the cash. 

He was told he should be able to mansge with what he's got - with Tins in particular,  pushing hard for more academy kids to be introduced.

An injury crisis among senior plsyers and the expected poor results gave them the opportunity to sack the blstantly irritated manager and bring in someone more pliant. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That's fine but they weren't really improving our squad, just replacing players that left. 

We needed that and to enhance our squad. 

Dickie is an improvement on what he had, obviously jury out on McCrorie but in terms of the level he was playing at he looks an improvement on Wilson. Knight and Roberts I get but don’t think they’d be far off who they came in for (that’s a huge credit to Knight btw)

4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

You of course get, that was a paraphrase of the videos where the Board have been quite clear about getting to the Prem. They've have taken action about wanting more by sacking Nige and both videos suggest they wanted) expected more.

We're not starting from square one and haven't been for sometime. Reckon it started after LJ left and then we've been building this way for ages . It's basically a return to the five pillars loosely after massive over spends with LJ .

As I said. You, they and anyone can talk about wanting to get to the Prem. Talk is cheap. Very cheap in the case of the Board, JL and Tinns. They haven't been clear about it, they have just talked about it. The action you speak of has nothing to to do with action to get in to the Prem. The action was taken because they didn't find NP to their liking because he knew and knows that this lot are clueless.

5 Pillars !!!

I think I need to log off for a while before I start posting stuff that I will regret!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

One telling phrase that Tins kept repeating is that "we were all happy with the squad". Meaning that Nige was happy with the squad so stop complaining about transfers/spending.

Of course no context either - perhaps Pearson was ‘happy’ considering the constraints he was under financially.. but in an ideal world knew it wasn’t good enough.

It’s clear why they didn’t want to put someone up on SOTC.. even in absence of twentyman they’d have got ripped to shreds.

Amusingly, lickspittle Mark Kelly has posted some irrelevant propaganda about this time X years ago the Williams stand was demolished. 

It's going to be the same old story of some half decent managers interviewing for the role, seeing all of the restrictions Nige was under being continued and them saying no thanks just like the applicants before Holden got given the job.

The manager (sorry, head-coach) will have to answer to BT who answers to JL/SL and we're just gunna take two steps back again.

• Like 2

2.10 on and he’s stating we had two players for each position and they’re the best group of players we’ve had in a long time, so he sees no fault with the recruitment, or the existing players or it sends in the way they’re playing!!

Yet, for some unfathomable reason they can’t hear what they’re actually saying. 
Who brought those players in, who’s been working and supporting that squad in an effort to galvanise them to play attacking football. 
Pretty much everything they want, they had. The injuries therefore and a small squad, who consequently get over played, are responsible for the lack of wins in recent times. 
That has nothing to do with NP’s management. 
Very let down by this whole shambles. 

Out of interest did BT send a public message to NP?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

What I would say is the club have at least realised people are angry and they need to get a comms message out.

At the same time, they've potentially set a rod up for their own backs here as the new manager has to

a) play front foot, attacking, pressing football (i.e probably not Gary Rowett or Nathan Jones)

b) reduce the number of injuries

c) get the team up the league

d) keep bringing young players through.

To be honest, if they did all that, I'd be delighted and I might even hold my hands up and say maybe the club got it right and we got it wrong. But there are a lot of "ifs" there and, now they've set out the terms the new manager has to succeed on, they don't have a lot of room to justify themselves if those four things don't happen 

Exactly what I was thinking. The next man has no room for error. They are setting him up to fail with these comments. 

If we had a history of getting at least a couple of these decisions right you could back them a little…. but we have been treading water for years now and will be for the rest of my life it seems 😂. Let us have one spell in the top flight I beg. 

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

As I said. You, they and anyone can talk about wanting to get to the Prem. Talk is cheap. Very cheap in the case of the Board, JL and Tinns. They haven't been clear about it, they have just talked about it. The action you speak of has nothing to to do with action to get in to the Prem. The action was taken because they didn't find NP to their liking because he knew and knows that this lot are clueless.

5 Pillars !!!

I think I need to log off for a while before I start posting stuff that I will regret!

Spot on!

This reminds me of the methane snorters, say something false often enough and people will believe it and suck it up.

Bollocks do we believe it. We're weaker than we've been in a while, sold £35M of attacking players and not replaced them nor given the Manager a pot to piss in.

Doesn't sound like a promotion ideology to me.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

(Catching up, not read the responses, so apologies if covered by others)

Exactly that, just be honest….a simple “we didn’t think Nige was the man to deliver with this squad”.  I’d respect that, instead they’ve skirted around it.

Some other digs in there too.

++++++

To digress away from the actual interview for a minute…I’ve read a lot about Tins over the past week or so, suggesting shit-stirring, etc.

I can obviously comment on that (I have!), whether I think it has legs or not, etc, etc.  But I don’t know.  The message I saw forwarded from him by someone I know suggested shit-stirring, but I never saw the rest of the conversation so context is everything isn’t it?

FWIW, what is done is done, there’s been a huge backlash.  The hierarchy need to deal with it and do better with the fans than they are.

But, going forward this is now Tinnion’s “set-up”, it will be his appointment ultimately, he was the conduit on recruitment in the summer too.  I’m not gonna sit here and revise my view, I thought summer recruitment was good, it just lacked 2 more players to give that bit of depth required.  That’s why we’ve suffered imho.

+++++++

Back to the interview.

The new manager (Head-Coach) should not have to majorly change the squad, it was recruited for in the way Tinnion describes, aggressive, pace, etc.  This is not a change.  This was the recruitment profile in March 2022 when @Harry and I (and two others) met the club and were presented to by RG and SG.  So, there should not be a case of the new manager saying the wrong players are here, they don’t meet the profile.  That’s three windows of exactly that have passed (at least - I’m sure that player profile want dreamed up last Spring), this winter being the fourth.  And in fairness I think they’ve tried to recruit to it, and it’s generally been better than before Nige came in.

So it is more about getting the current players back on the pitch asap.

Some “digs” in the interview re injuries / fitness.

Despite my disappointment / anger at Nige being sacked, the expectations are clear of the new appointment.  Importantly there is clarity of what the manager will be expected to do.  That will rule-out some, rule-in others.

From this point onwards accountability / responsibility is 100% clear.  Through SL / JL to GM / TR and into Tinnion and his new head-coach and staff, there can no longer be “division” at any level or between levels, there can no longer be scapegoats.

THIS IS THEIRS TO OWN

I hope it’s a success, I’m a City fan first and foremost.

Good post - as far as they are concerned it's all clearer than ever - 

"THE TESTAMENT OF TINNION"

• Challenging the top 6 is expected.
  • They believe this squad is good enough for that.
  • Tinnion is leading the football side, our DOF in all but name and therefore ultimately responsible.
  • Ethos/style is clear, high energy and press/buy cheap and develop - manager will work to that.

So over to you then gents...

But all joking aside, we all want this to work, don't **** it up Tinnion.

• Like 1

I think we all know the main reason nige is gone is that he and the owner dont get along and there was only going to be 1 winner with that… i could quite understand that nige might be a pain to deal with too, but the other stuff is just bullshit.

i would say though that some of the replies about instilling a philosophy on a playing style to a new head coach,,, good luck with that,,, thats what they should have been doing for the last 25 years,,, for jl to now come out and say this is the style they are recruiting for is embarrassing…. Instilling a style has worked for luton and swansea, and plenty of other clubs, so to recruit for that now is common sense.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

I think we all know the main reason nige is gone is that he and the owner dont get along and there was only going to be 1 winner with that… i could quite understand that nige might be a pain to deal with too, but the other stuff is just bullshit.

i would say though that some of the replies about instilling a philosophy on a playing style to a new head coach,,, good luck with that,,, thats what they should have been doing for the last 25 years,,, for jl to now come out and say this is the style they are recruiting for is embarrassing…. Instilling a style has worked for luton and swansea, and plenty of other clubs, so to recruit for that now is common sense.

City were supposedly doing that when LJ was give four years and tens of millions. 

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Well those two interviews went down like a sack of shit.

Who else wants a try?

Just said nothing at all really. In lots of words.

Only two take outs are it'll be a head coach, not manager, suggesting other people will have input and possibly total control of recruitment; secondly, the implicit criticism of David Rennie. 

The enire enterprise suggests Brian is propagating the myth that the fact we're 15th is domehow down to poor management.  Whether he actually believes that is another matter.