IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Take that away and you have a bit of a thick sounding bloke with a terrible coaching record and no particular leadership skills who is apparently qualified to be technical director.

What serious head coach, in their right mind, is going to take direction from someone so unconvincing? As you say - absolutely no Leadership skills or real vision. If he genuinely thinks we have a top 6 squad he is clearly deluded. Its all nonsense

We are screwed. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, headhunter said:

As will anyone we appoint be - somewhere!

Check out 2004/05, Tinnion's sole full season in charge - missed the playoffs by a point, might have made it had he not acquiesced to SL's instruction to have Keith Millen as his No.2. Win rate 39%.

OK, 05/06 started badly and ended after 8 [1-3-4] games with that 7-1 thrashing at Swansea. That takes his win % down to 36.1% which places him in the middle of the all time managerial record.

Yeah but this was after the season we got to the playoff final. 

And didn't he spend a good chunk of money? We brought in Michael Bridges and Marcus Stewart, they wouldn't of been on a small wage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Ignoring the similarities to a hostage video, and the utter billshit around the transfer window and squad we currently have.. the positive stuff he talks about and the progress are because of, and sorry for the spoiler alerts.. NIGEL PEARSON.

Bring back King Nige.

Yep, crawl back to Nige, then bugger off to Guernsey/Bermuda and let him get on with it.

99% of fans back onside at a stroke.

If only......

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I think from those 2 videos we can rule out Gary Rowett 

Would you be surprised if after all this talk of high press front foot football we do end up with him?

Dean Smith has just entered the betting as a favourite, probably one of the more palatable names on the list?

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

Tins is basically our Director of Football now. Just not in title. 

He's dictating how we are going to play. 

He says any new Coaches we bring in will develop our squad, 'our way', fast, front foot, pressing, with energy....'exciting football'...' that's what we and the fans want to see'. 

He underlines that all the club teams will be playing that way, and recruitment will reflect that. 

And that any new coach will have to buy into that ' philosophy ' and that the pathway of academy products will be used. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I think from those 2 videos we can rule out Gary Rowett 

But we've been told by various ITK posters on here that we've already has initial talks with Rowett!

How do you make statements like in these two videos about style of play etc and then decide to talk to Rowett?! 

• Like 4

In his defence, he highlighted that playing on the front foot, being aggressive, having pace and attacking was important and that any future head coach should concur with that.

I think most of us would agree that that is what we want and probably what managers would aspire to.

Having said that, I can't bear this 'jobs for ex players' lark.

I hope Tinns lets any new manager get on with his own agenda and keeps his nose out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Because the board didn't feel it was working 

With about quarter of the season gone we've won 5 and for each of NPs Seasons we've ended on 15 wins 

Board wanted more, they're really gunning for the Prem, overly ambitious tbf 8th 12th would be a step up for me, but hey ho

However that's what they believe we can achieve.

Clear from Tins vid this isn't a start again, and would tie in with the sometimes it isn't the person who does the dirty work to get things altered that gets the glory, quite often it's the next one .

Of course we all have our points of view, it's the whole purpose of OTIB.

How on earth can anyone hold the view that we are 'gunning for the Prem'. That just isn't true. Saying it doesn't make it true. There are no indicators of gunning for the Prem. None.

'Board wanted more'. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If the Board wanted more then back your Manager not throw him to the dogs. We were doing just fine and I think it was only going to get better under NP. We didn't need anyone else but now we need to replace him and I can't see any upgrade on NP.

The Board should be taking the heat for this and they aren't. We are starting from square one or worse. The only way that isn't the case is if they recruit from within i.e. someone who already knows the club ethos. God forbid that happens because what we have within is just a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s all just empty words from them. If they meant it they wouldn’t have sacked the bloke responsible for it.

I wouldn’t rule anyone out. They’re idiots.

Yes totl nonsense. The only person that crafted any club DNA was Pearson. BT, in particular, seems to have taken that DNA as his own design. Can see through it a mile. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Would you be surprised if after all this talk of high press front foot football we do end up with him?

Dean Smith has just entered the betting as a favourite, probably one of the more palatable names on the list?

Not for me - he doesn't have a style and has done nothing of note for three years almost now.

Eustace or riot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I can never get Dean Smith's Walsall being played off the pitch by Cotts' team out of my head whenever he is mentioned. Wouldn't inspire me in any way if we get him.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Shocked at the way he defended our recruitment and how our squad is good enough. It's such blatent horseshit and to think we'd feed into it is astonishing. 

And the use of the word head coach. Ugh this is just a ******* vicious cycle were going through isn't it. 

In regards to the signings I think they’ve proven to be good ones. Dickie and Knight have been impressive, TGH we’re starting to see the best out of, Roberts we’ve not seen the best of but only young and it’s a free transfer anyway and McCrorie we can’t judge yet as what’s happened with him is such a rare thing

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

Basically confirms what's been suggested...that in their opinion we have a good squad, and should be up there. But...the problem has been injuries...and they are putting that down to the previous regime not looking after the players properly . 

This was the biggest revelation!

They're blaming Nigel's team for the injury problems.

34 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

So basically the head coach will come in and do what Tins tells him to do and only what Tins tells him. 

The new incumbent is going to have a very narrow scope and mostly around coaching.

I can't see this being a high profile appointment. This surely will be someone with loads of coaching experience but a low management profile. 

I'm terrified!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1