IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

In regards to the signings I think they’ve proven to be good ones. Dickie and Knight have been impressive, TGH we’re starting to see the best out of, Roberts we’ve not seen the best of but only young and it’s a free transfer anyway and McCrorie we can’t judge yet as what’s happened with him is such a rare thing

That's fine but they weren't really improving our squad, just replacing players that left. 

We needed that and to enhance our squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh II said:

I can't believe so many don't (or rather don't want to) believe that Tins isn't completely on board with this tbh

I do now!

I do think Tins probably thinks he's doing the right thing. I dont doubt he has the interests of the club at heart.

But as i said before - i trust Nigel Pearson far more, when it comes to judging a team and managing them!

• Like 11

I'd have a lot more time for these noises if someone from the club came out and said...

"We got Nigel in after the mess made by Ashton, LJ and Holden, financially, we were in danger of suffering a points deduction, so we needed someone who would take zero nonsense and would make difficult decisions. Nigel provided that, he also managed to successfully introduce a number of young players in to the first team, for which the academy staff share the credit. After a few high-value sales, the club is back on an even keel and whilst results have been fair, we a looking to move to the next phase, which will see the club play a consistent style of football across all sides, under the direction of Tins."

But rather than thanking him, acknowledging what he did, it's almost as if they've decided that his prickly nature, the fact that the difficult work has been done in terms of balancing the books, moving on the high earners and promoting the academy, they've ignored all of that.  Can't help but think that JL and Tins were in fear of Nigel. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

I’ve got a horrible feeling based on his comments about the U21 coach that we might end up appointing a very green ‘head coach’ working in combination with Tinnion who will provide a more hands on role with the playing side.

Ironically, it’s the sort of arrangement that may have worked well when we first appointed Lee Johnson. 

It’s so frustratingly obvious that Pearson needed full autonomy and the ability to bring in his own people. Watch us do a 180 on our strategy yet again in an attempt to give ourselves some sort of ‘identity’.

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’ve got a horrible feeling based on his comments about the U21 coach that we might end up appointing a very green ‘head coach’ working in combination with Tinnion who will provide a more hands on role with the playing side.

Ironically, it’s the sort of arrangement that may have worked well when we first appointed Lee Johnson. 

It’s so frustratingly obvious that Pearson needed full autonomy and the ability to bring in his own people. Watch us do a 180 on our strategy yet again in an attempt to give ourselves some sort of ‘identity’.

The bizarre thing is that at the moment it appears that the next manager we will need, will be Pearson.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

In neither this interview nor the Jon L one do they say why Pearson wasn't the man to continue what he was doing!

They weren't asked ! And never were going to be asked anything contentious.

Tins said exactly what was expected in his position as a club official being interviewed by a club official - nothing.

Both interviews were a bad idea executed poorly and its just poured oil onto the flames.

If interviews were meant to appease the support base, they should have been conducted honestly and externally with questions designed to give an insight into the thinking behind sacking NP. Thats all the support base wants to know - why ?

The club have totally misread the support base and have been shocked by the response to NP being sacked and then compounded it by sending out two badly staged internal interviews. It just indicates to me just how much the club is totally out of touch with the support base, which is the reverse with regard to NP and the players.

Its going to be a long way back for the club.

• Like 13

How utterly mental that they are publicly announcing the fact that we 'now have a clear plan of how we want to recruit' (both players and manager). Like it's something worth boasting about that we've finally got our sh*t together enough to know what we are actually trying to do. As a professional football club!!

They're quite literally admitting that up until the last couple of seasons, we didn't know what we were looking for, because there was no plan.

It was evident to us as fans, but to openly admit it, boast about it, and not see how that looks outwardly at a time where the football media world and prospective new managers are looking in is melting my head

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The bizarre thing is that at the moment it appears that the next manager we will need, will be Pearson.

I think Nige was too much of a manager and they want a coach. I guess this is what they wanted with Holden; a tracksuit on the grass head coach who will take training and pick the team but won't question the hierarchy. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I am more convinced they are looking at Luke Williams now.

The fact they are looking for a Head Coach does not disappoint me.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can’t see any serious manager working under the implied constraints which seem to be - a reliance on the youth system, using what we have, giving Tinnion plenty of influence.. all the while delivering a top 6 finish.

I cannot see someone like Eustace, Beale Wilder or even Rowett seeing it as a realistic situation to manage under.

The pair of them are suggesting that the club should be able to achieve something that looks incredibly ambitious. 

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I do now!

I do think Tins probably thinks he's doing the right thing. I dont doubt he has the interests of the club at heart.

But as i said before - i trust Nigel Pearson far more, when it comes to judging a team and managing them!

This sounds harsh but does he?

I don't know the guy, but think back at the way he initially got the managers job. 

This whole situation has me feeling more and more uncomfortable the more I hear about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, mozo said:

I think Nige was too much of a manager and they want a coach. I guess this is what they wanted with Holden; a tracksuit on the grass head coach who will take training and pick the team but won't question the hierarchy. 

Correct = Ipswich for instance.

• Hmmm 1

41 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The coaches will have to come in and play "our" way.

Well then you'd just as well be that coach, you plonker.

This club has to be on a wind-up, it has to be.

Utter and total contempt for the fans, time after time (there's another Cyndi Lauper one for ya) @Hazelboy

What was Tinion doing and saying when LJ was going through different ways with different clubs in the bag and losing these projects identity???

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Just now, Atticus said:

This sounds harsh but does he?

I don't know the guy, but think back at the way he initially got the managers job. 

This whole situation has me feeling more and more uncomfortable the more I hear about it. 

I believe he does. The way he speaks about the club.

The good work he's done with the academy.

I could be wrong, but its just a belief

• Like 2

Tinns lost any remaining respect I had for him when he said he'd have no issues going on SOTC, flunked it, and served up that drivel.

He's part of the band that snaked Nige in my eyes and I can't forgive him for that - they all need clearing out.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

How utterly mental that they are publicly announcing the fact that we 'now have a clear plan of how we want to recruit' (both players and manager). Like it's something worth boasting about that we've finally got our sh*t together enough to know what we are actually trying to do. As a professional football club!!

They're quite literally admitting that up until the last couple of seasons, we didn't know what we were looking for, because there was no plan.

It was evident to us as fans, but to openly admit it, boast about it, and not see how that looks outwardly at a time where the football media world and prospective new managers are looking in is melting my head

But they clearly haven’t otherwise someone would’ve been announced yesterday or today, but from the Crayon Cretin’s interview we can only deduce that they are no where near h that stage.   So yet more bullshite from the ‘top team’ ……what a surprise.  

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tins is basically our Director of Football now. Just not in title. 

He's dictating how we are going to play. 

He says any new Coaches we bring in will develop our squad, 'our way', fast, front foot, pressing, with energy....'exciting football'...' that's what we and the fans want to see'. 

He underlines that all the club teams will be playing that way, and recruitment will reflect that. 

And that any new coach will have to buy into that ' philosophy ' and that the pathway of academy products will be used. 

It’s a shame that he has just signed for Birmingham, as Wayne Rooney plays exactly the type of football you describe…😉.

• Haha 1

All emotions aside - whose football judgement do you trust more?

Jon Landsown and Brian Tinnion

or 

Nigel Pearson and Dave Rennie

I know the answer to that all week and unfortunately the former have the casting vote.

At least they've both spoken finally (chickened out of an actually outside interview) but it's a huge number of contradictions in both statements and the most worrying question for me is, do they actually believe what they're saying?? Because if they do, we are ****** with these guys at the helm.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The pair of them are suggesting that the club should be able to achieve something that looks incredibly ambitious. 

Completely unrealistic ambition. This has started from Lansdowns Luton quotes, and now become the Mantra "This squad is good enough for promotion". Nigel has probably told them they are on drugs, and upset them. Instead of having a reality check, they double down on this ridiculous ambition. Don't get me wrong - you have to aim high, but temper it with a bit of realism, which is all that Nigel was probably doing in reality

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Worrying talk of Ali Hinds. It would be a terrible choice and I would question whether i'd go to AG for a while.