IGNORED

Tinnion interview

Henry

“We won’t want him in it too much, but when it gets down to two or three players, ‘this is what we think, these are the players we’ve identified, come and have a look’. That will be the same process for him.”

So, actually LM has only a choice of the 3 already chosen for him, not all potential signings then. 

• Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good article, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from Piercy. However, I find it hard - nigh on impossible - to believe a word Tinnion says in general, so I’m certainly in the camp of Pearson would have wanted a Scott replacement.

What it does do is crystallise expectation. They’re not spending money in January so Manning has to do better than Pearson with the squad Pearson had. If he doesn’t, as someone almost once says “It’ll be judged on Tinnion”

And if he does, ‘judged on Tinnion’ too? 

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's common knowledge. Your feigned ignorance fools no-one.

After losing the play-off final to Brighton 20 years ago, he went to the owner and grassed on Danny Wilson.

As a reward for being teacher's pet, he was given Wilson's job. He's continued to tell the owner what he wants to hear ever since, including that Pearson wasn't training the players properly and he wasn't fit for work. 

Tonight, Brighton are playing in Europe, beating Ajax in Amsterdam as we speak, while we prepare to play Queens Park Rangers for the millionth time.

You are defending 20 years of failure.

Do you feel prowed?

I genuinely don’t know this. Grassed on Wilson for what?

I assume you don’t mean losing the play offs as.. that was on the tele and the owner was probably watching. 

What had Wilson done to be grassed on? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

I don’t think anyone knows what point you’re making anymore because you keep changing your mind on what you’re arguing about.

I’m here all night, but please don’t miss your flight on my account. 

Yeah, you’re right. I’m actually wrong to be fair. 

But just think to yourself, if you were as clued up in the arrogant way you come across, the way you speak to people and your condescending tone, you’d be working in football. You haven’t and you aren’t. Just have a think why, and maybe adjust your ego a bit.  

Oh, I won’t miss my flight on your account. Again, contrary to what you think, the world doesn’t revolve around you spreadsheet 😂

Mark Kelly has you sussed out. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Confused 8
  • Facepalm 3

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's common knowledge. Your feigned ignorance fools no-one.

After losing the play-off final to Brighton 20 years ago, he went to the owner and grassed on Danny Wilson.

As a reward for being teacher's pet, he was given Wilson's job. He's continued to tell the owner what he wants to hear ever since, including that Pearson wasn't training the players properly and he wasn't fit for work. 

Tonight, Brighton are playing in Europe, beating Ajax in Amsterdam as we speak, while we prepare to play Queens Park Rangers for the millionth time.

You are defending 20 years of failure.

Do you feel prowed?

What absolute guff. You 100% know that happened. 

We didn’t land on the moon either and the world is flat. It’s true, stop being ignorant, it’s on the internet. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/gallery/gallery-on-the-grass-ahead-of-qpr/

Fourth last photo, weird as

Looks like we still have ourselves a manager as well as a head coach

Honestly, I’m finding it all a bit strange.  First day of training, okay, maybe I can kinda get it. But to be there on the Second day too….Weird. 

Why? Is he going to critique their sessions?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

But just think to yourself, if you were as clued up in the arrogant way you come across, the way you speak to people and your condescending tone, you’d be working in football. You haven’t and you aren’t. Just have a think why, and maybe adjust your ego a bit.  

Oh, I won’t miss my flight on your account. Again, contrary to what you think, the world doesn’t revolve around you spreadsheet 😂

Is everything okay mate?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

But just think to yourself, if you were as clued up in the arrogant you make out, the way you speak to people and your condescending tone, you’d be working in football. You haven’t and you aren’t. Just have a think why, and maybe adjust your ego a bit.  

FWIW I have no aspirations to work in professional football.  I gave up that hope when I was 11/12 when I realised I wasn’t gonna be a footballer.  I like my career choice.  It’s served me and my family and it’s needs very well thank you very much.

I’m not sure Mark Kelly knows anywhere near enough about me to have “sussed me out”…or whether he’s really that bothered about me tbh.

Would you prefer to take this to DM, because I’m not convinced everyone wants to read this?  I’ll let you decide.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Who the **** is Mark Kelly? What position does he play?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Literally in June this year, there were posters praising the early recruitment and getting deals through the door, last year the deal for Naismith in particular was seen as a coup. The way he and Pearson were revamping the squad in tandem was noted on more than one occasion. Now, in the space of two weeks the man has become the devil incarnate, the snake in the grass, the epitome of the Lansdown regime.

I think we are witnessing Social Media at its worst right here, I refuse to believe the bloke has changed and I for one will not be part of the "cancelling" of someone who has always done his best for this club. 

And I don't give a **** if people think that makes some sort of Lansdown Bot or whatever people think is going on here.

Great post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don't know who you are, to be honest I could care less, but coming onto this board and using what seems like the majority of your first 500 posts trying to belittle one of the boards most popular and trusted posters is a strange way to introduce yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

The vendettas (plural) are weird, agreed.  They have worked both ways though.  There has been denigration of Nige and Rennie too just like there has of SL, JL and Tins.

Bizzare isn’t it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you talking about within the club or on social media?

If it's the latter then I might just add that although that is obviously the case, the massive majority have decided that the denigration of SL /JL /BT ( and throw in any chance whatsoever to add LJ/MA) is hugely one sided probably at about 90% on here. There is a generally accepted narrative that anyone in the club hierarchy is wrong/incompetent and destroying the club. Meanwhile NP , Rennie, Fleming and Euell are everything that has been good about the club, wholly responsible for anything positive.  I feel sorry for Gould in this respect.

Some of the most vocal posters and the most regular posters pinned their colours to the NP mast and will not ever accept that maybe they were to polarised.

As I've said. If Manning succeeds it's because of NP and if he fails it because he wasn't NP.

Meanwhile- three pages on "let's name a stand after NP" and hundreds on how NP was the only man, the saviour.

Never in the field of football history has so much credit been given to one man by so many but who achieved only a bit.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

It's just a photo of Tinnion on his own. At the training ground presumably watching some of the session. No one else in the picture. 

Ah right, not the 4th from the last picture on my screen, maybe it's a resolution thing? Anyway, I suppose if Tinns was talking with Manning or the players it would be a sign of his interference? 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ah right, not the 4th from the last picture on my screen, maybe it's a resolution thing? Anyway, I suppose if Tinns was talking with Manning or the players it would be a sign of his interference? 

Ban him I say, lock him in his office until they’ve all gone home!! 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that will depend on Liam's results. Interference when losing and credit seeking when winning.

Sadly there are no winners in this character assassination of Brian Tinnion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Honestly, I’m finding it all a bit strange.  First day of training, okay, maybe I can kinda get it. But to be there on the Second day too….Weird. 

Why? Is he going to critique their sessions?

Checking that we’ve actually got a “front foot, high press, on the grass” coach?

Reckon this is going to happen every day?

50 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If it's the latter then I might just add that although that is obviously the case, the massive majority have decided that the denigration of SL /JL /BT ( and throw in any chance whatsoever to add LJ/MA) is hugely one sided probably at about 90% on here. There is a generally accepted narrative that anyone in the club hierarchy is wrong/incompetent and destroying the club. Meanwhile NP , Rennie, Fleming and Euell are everything that has been good about the club, wholly responsible for anything positive.  I feel sorry for Gould in this respect.

Some of the most vocal posters and the most regular posters pinned their colours to the NP mast and will not ever accept that maybe they were to polarised.

As I've said. If Manning succeeds it's because of NP and if he fails it because he wasn't NP.

Meanwhile- three pages on "let's name a stand after NP" and hundreds on how NP was the only man, the saviour.

Never in the field of football history has so much credit been given to one man by so many but who achieved only a bit.

Mainly talking about on here, but as you brought it up, club too in some respects - both sides too!

Re your percentages I think they discount those with nuanced views or those who aren’t one versus the other, e.g. I’m a big fan of Nige, but I also don’t think Tins is the spawn of satan, so I don’t think you can position percentages as simplistically as you do.  I am Spreadsheet Boy after all!!!  Gould has had countless mentions, I don’t think I’ve heard anything other than positivity in his regard.

It’s a bit like a poll with yes and no as the only options.  We know where that can lead outside of football.

I think your third and fourth paragraphs continue on from your second, and are not the huge minority at all, more just the extremes of the bell-curve of posters, and the same can be said on the other side too.

I think there currently appears to be need to exaggerate what others have posted or put scenarios together to make a point, undermine opinion, when all OTIBers are doing us exercising their view….and actually 90% (I made that up - I removed by Spreadsheet Boy cape!) is on the grey inside of the black and white debate.  And that happens both ways.

I’d rather people just debate the points being made, that’s what this place is for.

8 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

One thing that worries me is that Manning failed when he had key players sold on his watch, but Nige kept us playing competitively and could say improving 

I would expect MK Don's losing their main 2 players to have more effect on their squad than us losing 1 or 2 of our key players.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not knocking Tinnion but given a choice in a senior football role.

I'd rather go for NP. Him ably aligned with Gould, did a major salvage job. NP was in phase 2 of it post Janaury 2023 and just starting to build despite no CEO as in dedicated CEO to align with post the guy from Palace whose name escapes me.

Tinnion I don't think has the credibility for a Senior Role. He is alright with new signings up go a point but as for promising PL, Championship or foreign market.. does he have what is required to get them over the line.

I think some of the nonsense against Tinman is ridiculous and OTT, he has a lot of experience within the club and may well prove to be excellent at TD, everyone has to start somewhere and lack of previous experience does not mean they will be bad at it, otherwise no one would ever get promoted 

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think some of the nonsense against Tinman is ridiculous and OTT, he has a lot of experience within the club and may well prove to be excellent at TD, everyone has to start somewhere and lack of previous experience does not mean they will be bad at it, otherwise no one would ever get promoted 

Think Tinnion can do it but to a point.

Modern game is increasingly about contacts. It's shit but it is what it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Literally in June this year, there were posters praising the early recruitment and getting deals through the door, last year the deal for Naismith in particular was seen as a coup. The way he and Pearson were revamping the squad in tandem was noted on more than one occasion. Now, in the space of two weeks the man has become the devil incarnate, the snake in the grass, the epitome of the Lansdown regime.

I think we are witnessing Social Media at its worst right here, I refuse to believe the bloke has changed and I for one will not be part of the "cancelling" of someone who has always done his best for this club. 

And I don't give a **** if people think that makes some sort of Lansdown Bot or whatever people think is going on here.

When it was Gould, Pearson and Tinnion it worked well with clearly defined roles. 

Since Gould left and then Alexander, Tinnion was able to grab more power. That's when things changed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I’ve said this a million times, people are focusing too much on people’s anger about the sacking of NP being down to his loss as a “saviour”!  For me and I think for many, it is actually the nature of the sacking, the way he was treated at the end, the inadequate excuses for his sacking, the interviews of SL who was devoid of any praise for him and the obvious struggle for NP at the end trying to juggle ill health, player injuries, uncertainty about his future and being the only member of the upper management communicating with the fans. 

Do I think NP would have succeeded, well I really can’t say and nor can anyone else and we’ll never know, will we. The same with Manning and I have nothing but good wishes for him. 

And I don’t think any of us will know just how much credit we should or shouldn’t give to Nige for what he’s done for the club, but even JL admitted the club is in a better place now than it was before Nige came. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1