IGNORED

Tinnion interview

Henry

I think it's a bit disingenuous to imply Briain wasn't a big part of Scott's move - he is a big part of the Guernsey link and has cultivated that relationship, which has become even stronger still since Scott moved. It's his relationship with Tony Vance that really had us in a good position to get Scott.

Seymenyo as much as I hate to say it is really on Ashton. Hockaday made it clear at the time that there was a lot of interest, but Ashton made it clear if he left it had to be to us.  

Obviously, neither of them discovered the players, but it's hard to deny they played big roles in them arriving at the club.

I think it's hard to be certain what has happened behind the scenes with everything in the last few weeks. And we don't know exactly what Tinnions role involves Technical Director can mean many things in football. It could easily be that he is responsible for managing the exit and arrival of managers/coaches - in which case if instructed to move NP on and bring in Manning he would literally be doing his job, wouldn't really make him a snake. Now if that were the case he clearly didn't do a good job of the optics and communication, but he wouldn't really have a choice on if it happened or not.  

Surely it wouldn’t be a contentious point that both tinnion and Nige had a big part to play in the development of Semenyo and Scott from raw youths into elite level footballers?

Very few discovered/signed talent achieves potential in this way, so huge credit to all academy and first team staff in this (as well as the lads themselves obvs)

Back to topic, I quite liked Timnions interview . Grounds for cautious optimism.

If the players are enjoying the coaching then it’s possible LM could build on the Nige foundations … hope, of course, can be a dangerous thing…we’ll soon find out . 

• Robin 1

38 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

@Davefevs don’t get coming on here talking sense and facts. No one on here wants to hear that bollocks - least of all @Ghost Rider

Get back on your Surface Pro and do some analysis! 😉

FWIW I think Tinnion is lying. The man who scored a beauty in the rain at Anfield to the buffoon who sat alone in the dug out in Swansea.

Says it all. A flawed recruitment process if ever there was one. Up the Lansdowns. They’re doing a great job…..

Literally in June this year, there were posters praising the early recruitment and getting deals through the door, last year the deal for Naismith in particular was seen as a coup. The way he and Pearson were revamping the squad in tandem was noted on more than one occasion. Now, in the space of two weeks the man has become the devil incarnate, the snake in the grass, the epitome of the Lansdown regime.

I think we are witnessing Social Media at its worst right here, I refuse to believe the bloke has changed and I for one will not be part of the "cancelling" of someone who has always done his best for this club. 

And I don't give a **** if people think that makes some sort of Lansdown Bot or whatever people think is going on here.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Literally in June this year, there were posters praising the early recruitment and getting deals through the door, last year the deal for Naismith in particular was seen as a coup. The way he and Pearson were revamping the squad in tandem was noted on more than one occasion. Now, in the space of two weeks the man has become the devil incarnate, the snake in the grass, the epitome of the Lansdown regime.

I think we are witnessing Social Media at its worst right here, I refuse to believe the bloke has changed and I for one will not be part of the "cancelling" of someone who has always done his best for this club. 

And I don't give a **** if people think that makes some sort of Lansdown Bot or whatever people think is going on here.

The bots are real. 

You're not one of them though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This ^^^ 

This vendetta is so weird. 

The clique sheep on this forum aren’t having it. Why do we always have to be so vindictive against one person all of the time, over, what? We’ve got someone who is literally one of our own, and we are destroying him for absolutely nothing, over an average manager who has been with us for 2.5 years. It’s so bizarre.

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

This ^^^ 

The clique sheep on this forum aren’t having it. Why do we always have to be so vindictive against one person all of the time, over, what? We’ve got someone who is literally one of our own, and we are destroying him for absolutely nothing, over an average manager who has been with us for 2.5 years. It’s so bizarre.

Not knocking Tinnion but given a choice in a senior football role.

I'd rather go for NP. Him ably aligned with Gould, did a major salvage job. NP was in phase 2 of it post Janaury 2023 and just starting to build despite no CEO as in dedicated CEO to align with post the guy from Palace whose name escapes me.

Tinnion I don't think has the credibility for a Senior Role. He is alright with new signings up go a point but as for promising PL, Championship or foreign market.. does he have what is required to get them over the line.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

This ^^^ 

The vendettas (plural) are weird, agreed.  They have worked both ways though.  There has been denigration of Nige and Rennie too just like there has of SL, JL and Tins.

Bizzare isn’t it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

Brian Tinnion in Guernsey this week (meeting with Alex's family *), said: “During the period of us watching Alex and him training and playing with us he has demonstrated some excellent attributes and potential to further develop in the years ahead.

“Most importantly, he has the personality and mindset to fit in at Bristol City to continue to work hard and continue his development." - No credit here Tinnion, nothing to do with you at all. 

You seem to have a problem with your cut and paste, and strangely you then added some additional text and cut out Tinnion's job title. 

This is the correct text

Bristol City Academy Manager Gary Probert, who met Alex and his family along with City Loans Manager Brian Tinnion in Guernsey this week, said: “During the period of us watching Alex and him training and playing with us he has demonstrated some excellent attributes and potential to further develop in the years ahead.

“Most importantly, he has the personality and mindset to fit in at Bristol City to continue to work hard and continue his development.

The quote is from Probert, not Tinnion. 

No wonder you are confused if you are rearranging  the text of Bristol City's official web site releases 

• Like 6

Just now, Davefevs said:

The vendettas (plural) are weird, agreed.  They have worked both ways though.  There has been denigration of Nige and Rennie too just like there has of SL, JL and Tins.

Bizzare isn’t it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Then we agree. Also the other side too. But this vitriol against Brian is weird. 

I don’t even get why people are calling him a snake? A snake? For what? 

6 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

You seem to have a problem with your cut and paste, and strangely you then added some additional text and cut out Tinnion's job title. 

This is the correct text

Bristol City Academy Manager Gary Probert, who met Alex and his family along with City Loans Manager Brian Tinnion in Guernsey this week, said: “During the period of us watching Alex and him training and playing with us he has demonstrated some excellent attributes and potential to further develop in the years ahead.

“Most importantly, he has the personality and mindset to fit in at Bristol City to continue to work hard and continue his development.

The quote is from Probert, not Tinnion. 

No wonder you are confused if you are rearranging  the text of Bristol City's official web site releases 

Literally what ive pasted. I was talking about Tinnion, the the rest is irrelevant. The quote is literally the same. It’s irrelevant is Probert was there, I was talking about Tinnion as everyone was bacially saying he wasn’t involved. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
Editing for rising
  • Haha 1

But once we spoke to him, it was really interesting to find out what had happened in that time. He had lost the good players that he had developed, and then the players were brought in for him and he was a little bit detached from the recruitment process. So then, when he lost his job, because the players weren’t as good as the one he lost, he really focused on that part of the problem that had happened.

I know we’ve done the NP thing to death, but it does grate a bit seeing this allowance for Manning’s failure at MK Dons being very satisfactory squared away as above, yet they couldn’t say the same about NP, such as, well his hands were tied and then he lost one of his best players in Scott and then finally there were 12 out injured”!

No we thought we’d sack him anyway!

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think it's a bit disingenuous to imply Briain wasn't a big part of Scott's move - he is a big part of the Guernsey link and has cultivated that relationship, which has become even stronger still since Scott moved. It's his relationship with Tony Vance that really had us in a good position to get Scott.

Seymenyo as much as I hate to say it is really on Ashton. Hockaday made it clear at the time that there was a lot of interest, but Ashton made it clear if he left it had to be to us.  

Obviously, neither of them discovered the players, but it's hard to deny they played big roles in them arriving at the club.

I think it's hard to be certain what has happened behind the scenes with everything in the last few weeks. And we don't know exactly what Tinnions role involves Technical Director can mean many things in football. It could easily be that he is responsible for managing the exit and arrival of managers/coaches - in which case if instructed to move NP on and bring in Manning he would literally be doing his job, wouldn't really make him a snake. Now if that were the case he clearly didn't do a good job of the optics and communication, but he wouldn't really have a choice on if it happened or not.  

See you haven’t put your 5p on this @Davefevs

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

The quote is literally the same. Its was irrelevant if Probert was there too. 

Sorry, but no it is not the same. You have sought to mislead. It is not "literally" the same, if cutting out key elements of the official website release changes the person to whom a quote is attributed to. You have then added text to the quote. You may need to look up what literally the same means. It is similar and doctored. It is very relevant that Probert was there, because he was the person speaking. In the context of the quoted words, it is irrelevant that Tinnion was there. Tinnion was not speaking. 

Why did you simply not take the words, as published? Why did you feel the need to doctor the article? 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Yes. I get that. That’s not the point I was making. The point was Brian was there. It doesn’t matter whose ******* quote it was. 

I don’t think anyone knows what point you’re making anymore because you keep changing your mind on what you’re arguing about.

I’m here all night, but please don’t miss your flight on my account. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Yes. I get that. That’s not the point I was making. The point was Brian was there. It doesn’t matter whose ******* quote it was. 

Yes it does matter whose quote it was. You sought to mislead. If all you wanted to express was that Tinnion was with Probert, there was no need to doctor the official release, you simply had to use the exact text , it is clear that Tinnion was there. The issue is, that you changed a document to mislead.

Alternatively, you could have left the quoted words out and just posted

"Bristol City Academy Manager Gary Probert, who met Alex and his family along with City Loans Manager Brian Tinnion in Guernsey this week"

If your stated intention was to demonstrate that Tinnion was there. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don’t even get why people are calling him a snake? A snake? For what? 

It's common knowledge. Your feigned ignorance fools no-one.

After we lost a Third Division play-off final to Brighton 20 years ago, he went to the owner and grassed on Danny Wilson.

As a reward for being teacher's pet, he was given Wilson's job. He's continued to tell the owner what he wants to hear ever since, including that Pearson wasn't training the players properly and he wasn't fit for work. 

Tonight, Brighton are playing in Europe, beating Ajax in Amsterdam as we speak, while we prepare to play Queens Park Rangers for the millionth time.

You are defending 20 years of failure.

Do you feel prowed?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1