IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

• The title was changed to Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken
13 minutes ago, Selred said:

Good news, been critical of the club but they are starting to do some things right. 

Whilst its a step in the right direction, let's see if they can maintain this, especially during tough tines. Something tells me that it would then revert back to previous. 

All this sudden communication just seems like a PR thing. They've gone from one extreme to the next.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Would be good to get a list together of top 5 questions that fans want asking, rather than a scatter gun approach of random questions on the night.  Will be interesting to see how they manage it

"What impact do you believe the independent regulator for English Football will have on Bristol City Football Club?"

"Jon Lansdown, why are you not a director of Bristol City Women's Football Club or Bristol Rugby Women, but you are a director of every other "Bristol Sport" company?"

Also, as this is scheduled for a week after the PL vote on the "new financial deal" (21 Nov) which is expected to pass and is expected to deliver approx £7m down to each Championship club, we could ask:

"Does the club support the New Deal announced by the premier league last week, and if not, why not?"

Personally I'd try and ask open questions that invite a discussion rather than a simple "yes/no" answer or a "no comment".

PS. Better late than never.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Would be good to get a list together of top 5 questions that fans want asking, rather than a scatter gun approach of random questions on the night.  Will be interesting to see how they manage it

I could come up with 5 on my own but if restricted to one it would be (to Jon if he turns up):

Will you define precisely what you mean by 'top end'?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Can see this being a bit of an awkward one for Manning tbh. Would expect a lot of questions about pearson, what the club have said around him going etc. Imagine they’ll (Barton) will need to come up with some sort of plan to try and stop that - doubt they’ll be able to

So far every time they open their mouths they make Manning's job harder. I hope he isn't used as a human shield for things that aren't his responsibility.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst its a step in the right direction, let's see if they can maintain this, especially during tough tines. Something tells me that it would then revert back to previous. 

All this sudden communication just seems like a PR thing. They've gone from one extreme to the next.

They’ve done quite a few of these over the years, haven't they?

Anyway, it's so important that the 'difficult' questions are asked, and the club held to account, not least for the way they've treated Nige. 

BUT I hope people are reasonably respectful towards JL without resorting to the personal abuse I've read on here, some of which has been quite nasty and out of proportion. I'm sure it will be fine in a real world situation though, without keyboards to hid behind. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The danger with that, is that if they read the forum (and we all assume they do), they'll have pre prepared answers to pre prepared questions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Anyway, it's so important that the 'difficult' questions are asked, and the club held to account, not least for the way they've treated Nige. 

BUT I hope people are reasonably respectful towards JL without resorting to the personal abuse I've read on here, some of which has been quite nasty and out of proportion. I'm sure it will be fine in a real world situation though, without keyboards to hid behind. 

Very few people are likely to be as rude in person as they are from behind a keyboard.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Can't remember the last time a top brass was there Gould and NP obviously but hierarchy ie one of rh4 Lansdowns.

2019 at the earliest? Would have to go back and look, clearly 2020 was hit by Covid.

Just checked. 2018 the main one, Jon Lansdown was there, early 2019 at Preston Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton were there.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-hold-fans-forum-at-ashton-gate/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-fans-forum-in-preston/

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Might be worth looking back at the one last season. Gosh a year is a long time in football.

One fun question could be "Brian, would you like to explain why you are the sole survivor from last year's panel?" You know, just to stir the pot 👀

Tinnion pre-emptively wearing a BOSS hoody.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tinnion pre-emptively wearing a BOSS hoody.

Do you think he'll sit in the middle this year?

Jokes aside it was, as @Mr Popodopolous says, a good session last year. I said at the time that I was impressed with the questions and with our fans generally. I don't have any worries that people won't be able to ask good questions in a polite and civil manner.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The danger with that, is that if they read the forum (and we all assume they do), they'll have pre prepared answers to pre prepared questions.

Any competent board at any competent company would know and expect at any time the questions they will be asked in such an environment and have answers to fall back on. If they don’t then it’s a question of either incompetence or arrogance.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Any competent board at any competent company would know and expect at any time the questions they will be asked in such an environment and have answers to fall back on. If they don’t then it’s a question of either incompetence or arrogance.

If we are talking about general competence though, you would expect the company to understand the weight of feeling around certain issues and to have addressed them a long time before any public meeting.

The shirts, the investment in the first team, the ongoing issues that people report around the stadium (PA system), the changes to the coaching and management team, the lack of a dedicated lead football administrator/CEO and the fact that the last one we had barely had time to get his laptop plugged in etc....

So many of the things that concerned fans care about could have been easily squared away with communication. Others, less so obviously as people will have their own take and their own view that they want to question the leadership team on.

In an ideal world, these Forum sessions should be a bit of fun, bouncing around suggestions, talking about players either at the club or at other clubs that people have spotted, getting a general view and then enjoying a pint. The overall lack of engagement with the supporters from all parties doesn't lend itself to this upcoming Forum to be anything other than lip service to known issues. 

I predict...

'Splat Robin/Quality of O'Neils....'

'Hummel's UK distributor went under, we had no choice, we had to react quickly.... Quality issues... Because we needed to act quickly, there were some day-one issues, these have since been resolved..... Splat was introduced to offer fans an alternative to the usual, if feedback is negative, we'll drop it going forward'.....

Put it this way, I'm not as fussed about going along to this Forum as I was looking forward to the last one. 

Jon, why did you decide to sack NP when over 90% of the fan base were behind him. I don't remember such a move ever taking place since I've been watching the team. A vast injury list was working against him yet results weren't bad.

Jon/Brian, NP claimed that members of the hierarchy were questioning Andy Kings inclusion in the side. Do you think that's appropriate.

Theres two for starters I'd want answered. Questions on the Scott funds, recruitment, does he really think this is a top 6 team, selling up, how he thinks we can improve when constantly selling our best players, past mistakes on allowing LJ and MA to run the FFP position into the ground, poor communication (interviews and fans forums long after the horse has bolted don't make up for this), the ONeills kit design/quality/contract/sales numbers/splat. 

Someone give me his number and a podcast 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Can see this being a bit of an awkward one for Manning tbh. Would expect a lot of questions about pearson, what the club have said around him going etc. Imagine they’ll (Barton) will need to come up with some sort of plan to try and stop that - doubt they’ll be able to

Nah, you think anyone on here would have a balls to say anything to Jon's face? Everyone will melt.  

Good on Jon for facing up. I'll look forward to this. 

COYRs

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Jon, why did you decide to sack NP when over 90% of the fan base were behind him. I don't remember such a move ever taking place since I've been watching the team. A vast injury list was working against him yet results weren't bad.

Jon/Brian, NP claimed that members of the hierarchy were questioning Andy Kings inclusion in the side. Do you think that's appropriate.

Theres two for starters I'd want answered. Questions on the Scott funds, recruitment, does he really think this is a top 6 team, selling up, how he thinks we can improve when constantly selling our best players, past mistakes on allowing LJ and MA to run the FFP position into the ground, poor communication (interviews and fans forums long after the horse has bolted don't make up for this), the ONeills kit design/quality/contract/sales numbers/splat. 

Someone give me his number and a podcast 😅

I'm looking forward to you asking these. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Nah, you think anyone on here would have a balls to say anything to Jon's face? Everyone will melt.  

Good on Jon for facing up. I'll look forward to this. 

COYRs

There will absolutely be some that ask, no doubt about that. How many they allow is another question 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1