IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

30 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

So the money from the stadium, conferences, concourses and sports bar all goes directly to Bristol City football club?

Bristol Sport operate like a group facilitities management company, not specifically a revenue generating business in or for itself. 

Where the income ends up depends on the event I would think.

Edited by bcfc01

46 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

So the money from the stadium, conferences, concourses and sports bar all goes directly to Bristol City football club?

For info, assuming it’s an event run by Ashton Gate Ltd, its revenues and costs from that event are Ashton Gate’s.

Ashton Gate Ltd and Bristol City FC Ltd are part of Bristol City Holdings Ltd and its Bristol City Holdings that is used for FFP.  So if we were to hold it and it made a few quid, then City would benefit.

It is likely in setting up an event, that Bristol Sport would provide services, e.g. ticket sales, and Ashton Gate would pay them for providing the service.

So when you say “all goes directly to Bristol City”, hopefully I’ve explained that’s not the case, but City could benefit.

• Like 7

• Admin
6 minutes ago, James54De said:

Wrong, again. 

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this 

The reason I say is because has been suggested that the SC&T have a specific meeting to have it explained how much money spent on a match day gets into the football club’s accounts 

Likewise for Bears, and how much if any gets to us from external events 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The reason I say is because has been suggested that the SC&T have a specific meeting to have it explained how much money spent on a match day gets into the football club’s accounts 

I’d be interested if they did do this, into his much detail they would go.

It would be good to get general confirmation of match day vendors, eg as suggested by some on here who know a bit about how it works, ie pay for pitch(es) and that’s it, whether any are owned / run by Bristol Sport or Ashton Gate, etc, etc.

What services beyond Ticketing and Marketing are provided by Bristol Sport.

Finally I’d like to know whether Fever Pitch is a separate entity or an in-house team.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phantom said:

It would be good to know even if they don't provide it on the evening maybe in the next sc&t meeting also merchandise revenue a little bit of clarity wouldn't go a miss especially as it's divided up into ltd companies. Looking from the outside it does look a complicated set up as to how the financial side is managed and what revenue streams go where.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

What questions would you ask?

It does come down to time which sometimes doesn't benefit when your trying to achieve the answers you need. I would certainly ask the question around Nigels health how much of a factor that was in there decision making even though they didn't put it down to that and why was the sacking warranted when nobody was calling for him to be sacked.(Excellent team morale)

Certainly would fire a few questions at tinman and if he was behind the decision to sack Pearson and his thoughts on international breaks team selection and if he thinks others should get involved in the team selection apart from the manager and does he agree it shouldn't happen? etc etc.

Why did the club feel the players fitness unconditioning was a problem when injurys where impact only and the team at it's fittest we've had in years.

Then you can ask about merchandise and why changes have been made without communication with fans.

You can go on obviously time will come into play when you question and get answers but we need to see a reaction off them also financial questions as well.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

Have they actually confirmed who will be attending ?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to look through the thread.

I'm guessing Manning and Hogg , I hope they gets an easy-ish ride this time. Hasn't got anything to do with dumping Pearson and hasn't had chance to do much with the team.

Tins ? could be interesting.

Possibly our new COO ?

I'd be amazed if  any Lansdown is there, though the only one of these sort of things I went to was populated by a very "happy Clapper" type crowd . 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing Manning and Hogg , I hope they gets an easy-ish ride this time. Hasn't got anything to do with dumping Pearson and hasn't had chance to do much with the team.

Possibly our new COO ?

I'd be amazed if  any Lansdown is there, though the only one of these sort of things I went to was populated by a very "happy Clapper" type crowd . 

Yes it's been announced. 

Chairman Jon Lansdown, Sporting Group CEO Gavin Marshall, Head Coach Liam Manning and Technical Director Brian Tinnion.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes it's been announced. 

Chairman Jon Lansdown, Sporting Group CEO Gavin Marshall, Head Coach Liam Manning and Technical Director Brian Tinnion.

Thanks for that.

I am surprised , Jon looks like a Deer in the headlights on those films. Maybe he'll be a little more confident in person.

It comes down to who is there and how the questions are taken . The main thing is getting information out there. I hope this is the first step to betters Comms and not just crumbs thrown to appease the fans.

16 hours ago, Street red said:

It does come down to time which sometimes doesn't benefit when your trying to achieve the answers you need. I would certainly ask the question around Nigels health how much of a factor that was in there decision making even though they didn't put it down to that and why was the sacking warranted when nobody was calling for him to be sacked.(Excellent team morale)

Certainly would fire a few questions at tinman and if he was behind the decision to sack Pearson and his thoughts on international breaks team selection and if he thinks others should get involved in the team selection apart from the manager and does he agree it shouldn't happen? etc etc.

Why did the club feel the players fitness unconditioning was a problem when injurys where impact only and the team at it's fittest we've had in years.

Then you can ask about merchandise and why changes have been made without communication with fans.

You can go on obviously time will come into play when you question and get answers but we need to see a reaction off them also financial questions as well.

I agree with all those topics and that we'd all rather have a conversation rather than ask a single question. Ultimately I'd love to hire a KC and submit them all to a full cross-examination 😂

But, in the absence of a courthouse, I think that given the public nature of the Q&A and the nature of the people answering, we need to be intelligent in how we word the questions.

Directly asking Tinnion "Were you behind the sacking of Nigel Pearson?" is going to get one answer "No, it was a Club decision that we all agreed with blah blah blah..." I reckon Tinnion is the most likely to "slip up" in an answer btw. Absolutely he's the one to target with a slightly tricky question that gets him rambling.

I'm thinking hard about this but maybe someone could ask him "Brian, we were all shocked by Nigel's departure, as someone who was part of the team that made that decision do you remember when you first realised that it was time for him to leave?" That's probably not perfect but with that phrasing I'm just trying to soften the question a little, show some common ground by saying "we" were all shocked, fix his role in that event, but then invite him to describe a memory and so ramble on a bit.

I don't know...I think last year the standard of questions was actually really good, but it was all a lot more good-natured and harmonious back then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I reckon Tinnion is the most likely to "slip up" in an answer btw.

Possibly though my money's on Jon. After all he has already said this is the first time in 20 years they have had a clear idea of what they wanted in a head coach.

It didn't seem to occur to him that he was admitting to 20 years of bad decisions. He seems more than capable of putting his foot in it again.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2023 at 18:42, GBF said:

Glad the club have organised the event. Bigger venue required or live streaming with opportunity to ask questions. 

I've been to several Q&A's in the past, including one with GJ, SL and Colin Sexstone.

I don't remember any tough questions and I doubt there were as many as 200 fans at any of them.

The only ones I remember with a big turn were on open days, particularly the Steve Coppell one, when masses of fans were at AG anyway.

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree with all those topics and that we'd all rather have a conversation rather than ask a single question. Ultimately I'd love to hire a KC and submit them all to a full cross-examination 😂

But, in the absence of a courthouse, I think that given the public nature of the Q&A and the nature of the people answering, we need to be intelligent in how we word the questions.

Directly asking Tinnion "Were you behind the sacking of Nigel Pearson?" is going to get one answer "No, it was a Club decision that we all agreed with blah blah blah..." I reckon Tinnion is the most likely to "slip up" in an answer btw. Absolutely he's the one to target with a slightly tricky question that gets him rambling.

I'm thinking hard about this but maybe someone could ask him "Brian, we were all shocked by Nigel's departure, as someone who was part of the team that made that decision do you remember when you first realised that it was time for him to leave?" That's probably not perfect but with that phrasing I'm just trying to soften the question a little, show some common ground by saying "we" were all shocked, fix his role in that event, but then invite him to describe a memory and so ramble on a bit.

I don't know...I think last year the standard of questions was actually really good, but it was all a lot more good-natured and harmonious back then.

That's what I was thinking trying to throw a question in to catch them out either Jon or tinman is likely to slip up but again we are the intelligent ones not them 😂 Well not by the way they've handed things anyway.

So different to last year's as this just feels like it's been thrown together to keep us on side 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

That's what I was thinking trying to throw a question in to catch them out either Jon or tinman is likely to slip up but again we are the intelligent ones not them 😂 Well not by the way they've handed things anyway.

So different to last year's as this just feels like it's been thrown together to keep us on side 

Well, they did admit that communications from themselves has not been good and they'll be working on it.

This is the first step I assume.

If the tone is confrontational or even aggressive, I would think they'll not bother with another Q&A in future - not that questions should be soft, just civil. But I can't see them being given a hard time as this forum is not entirely indicative of the mood of the general support. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, they did admit that communications from themselves has not been good and they'll be working on it.

This is the first step I assume.

If the tone is confrontational or even aggressive, I would think they'll not bother with another Q&A in future - not that questions should be soft, just civil. But I can't see them being given a hard time as this forum is not entirely indicative of the mood of the general support. 

Of course it should be civil it's ok admitting it about communication but something doesn't add up to how bad it's been, Hopefully they are put through a bit of a grilling but I'm not confident it will happen they will probs take an age to answer a question and run out of time with Manning giving an explanation about tactics 😂 Time will tell with it all.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Possibly our new COO ?

JL was up The George at Abbots Leigh at lunchtime today 👀 

On 18/11/2023 at 15:27, Street red said:

You seem to have plenty of questions I’ll look forward to hearing you pitch them 

46 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

You seem to have plenty of questions I’ll look forward to hearing you pitch them 

Don't the majority of fans have questions it's our club we support at the end of the day. It's not always possible to be at events like this but giving out general ideas on questions you could possibly ask helps others that do attend get the general idea of what to ask.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

Don't the majority of fans have questions it's our club we support at the end of the day. It's not always possible to be at events like this but giving out general ideas on questions you could possibly ask helps others that do attend get the general idea of what to ask.

Pretty sure those who elected to attend will have their own questions.

The club are giving the fans a platform to ask questions, hopefully those in attendance use it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've been to several Q&A's in the past, including one with GJ, SL and Colin Sexstone.

I don't remember any tough questions and I doubt there were as many as 200 fans at any of them.

The only ones I remember with a big turn were on open days, particularly the Steve Coppell one, when masses of fans were at AG anyway.

I remember the old ones at what was then St.  George’s School on Russel Town Avenue. Pulis (spit) was very open and honest. Giving us an exclusive on the impending transfer of Jim Brennan to Forest. I think the chairman then was Laycock and he didn’t look happy! 

28 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I remember the old ones at what was then St.  George’s School on Russel Town Avenue. Pulis (spit) was very open and honest. Giving us an exclusive on the impending transfer of Jim Brennan to Forest. I think the chairman then was Laycock and he didn’t look happy! 

Remember that one, said he was being sold the next day.

One of the last shareholder ones that took place there was the one where some stuff still went to a public vote (imagine that!).

Remember SL’s face when one vote was lost, after that they all took place during the working week in the daytime & no more public votes…

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn't go to that one, wouldn't want to be in the same room as Pulis.

My point was though to those who thought 200 tickets was insufficient.

In my experience 200 is not only a decent number compared to some Q&A's of the past but anyway it only needs 3 or 4 of those there to ask 'tough' questions - and follow up on the answers if necessary - to make it really interesting.

That doesn't generally happen in my experience, when it comes down to it fans are either a bit intimidated to be in the presence of the club's top brass, or the atmosphere is convivial and most fans are content just to be there and listen without any thought of giving any of the panel a hard time.

This one could be different, I hope so anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Never to the dark side said:

As we can't turn by time(thank you Cher) and can''t reverse what has already gone.

So what would you ask?

I would like to see more of the injured players out and about in the community signing autographs etc.

The players already do a lot of that tbf.

50 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but is this available online to watch tomorrow? 

Should be. Liam's notes for yesterday's game said: 

"I am looking forward to meeting many of you at the Fans Forum on Monday and giving you more of an insight. It’s already sold out but it will be streamed on various club channels so please do tune in from 7pm."

• Like 1