IGNORED

Fans forum 27th November - Hen and Chicken

CyderInACan

21 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Nah, you think anyone on here would have a balls to say anything to Jon's face? Everyone will melt.  

Good on Jon for facing up. I'll look forward to this. 

COYRs

Good on JL for coming along to one but it's only right and proper if done correctly and in a civil and sensible manner, are asked.

That is on one level the point, especially when there is some uncertainty or split views among the fans.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

The danger with that, is that if they read the forum (and we all assume they do), they'll have pre prepared answers to pre prepared questions.

If they have any sense at all they would never go into something like this without having thought about the sort of questions they might get and therefore the answers they might give, if they don't prepare in this way then god help them! 😂

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst its a step in the right direction, let's see if they can maintain this, especially during tough tines. Something tells me that it would then revert back to previous. 

All this sudden communication just seems like a PR thing. They've gone from one extreme to the next.

I'm not saying it is the sole reason, but since a small working group from the SC&T have been meeting with the club they are buying more into things like this that we are putting to them

Of course it stumbled with the departure of Phil Alexander, but our meetings are definitely something the club are buying into each month

Due to the sudden passing of a family member there will be a delay on last months minutes being published - and I am sure everyone will appreciate that there are many more important things that need to be done at this sad time

But, I can also confirm that we are meeting with Dave Barton, Jerry Tocknell, Tom Rawcliffe and Gavin Marshall on Friday 24th November

9 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Hope Jon gets asked to put his crayons away and get rid of that terrible robin 

I have an image of that comedian who chucked all the fake money into the air in front of Sepp Blatter (Lee Nelson ??)

Someone walking in and presenting a giant Crayola set

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Do the questions need to be submitted beforehand? (In crayons, obviously)

I'd love to hear the reason behind the splat, especially as the template was on page 1 of Google images. Seems both pointless and lazy.

They did not need to be submitted beforehand last year.

I expect it will be similar to that: questions asked live in person or submitted via Twitter/X in the night.

• Like 1

Which came first?

The Hen & Chicken or the egg (on their face)?

Having said that, I hope for both their sakes and ours, that the session goes well. We need honest, credible answers and specific goals/targets for which they, collectively and individually, agree to be held accountable.

The relationship between the owner/Chairman and the fans cannot get any worse, and this, clearly, has to improve substantially.

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Which came first?

The Hen & Chicken or the egg (on their face)?

Having said that, I hope for both their sakes and ours, that the session goes well. We need honest, credible answers and specific goals/targets for which they, collectively and individually, agree to be held accountable.

The relationship between the owner/Chairman and the fans cannot get any worse, and this, clearly, has to improve substantially.

It can and could get a lot worse. The lack of investment for example is a major frustration, but at least SL hasn't said, 'I expect 20,000 of you to chip in and pay HMRC for me' or that bloke who bought Bury a few years back.

For all of our many frustrations, born from losing valuable younger players to top flight teams and then the manager not being backed financially to replace them with experienced players is small-fry compared to what some fans have to endure. 

So yes. It isn't great and the communications (should) have been more honest, clearer and open; but they weren't. So the way that sort of question is framed will either produce an engaged reply, or a 'nest egg' against which they'll be beaten in a few windows time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Wonder how many of those with some of the strongest opinions will manage to get tickets.

I don't think it'll matter what anyone asks, they'll have their key points they want to make, their pre-planned PR in place and you could ask them what the colour the sky is and they'll find a way to lead it into that pre-planned stuff. There is no way they'll address anything that they don't want to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone mentions Nigel Pearson and they'll go with the whole "we have a strong squad who we feel should be doing better, we appreciate Nigel and all the hard work he's done to create that squad and now we're looking to push forward with a strong, dynamic coach.... "yadda yadda. I mean this is why they're calling for this now, because they're in full PR drive so they'll have been talking to experts into how to divert discussions into the route they want etc

The only question I can think that I'd really liked answered is "why sack Pearson after a derby game when more than a starting line up worth of players were unavailable and yet the following game we had a large number of players returning?", for me it gave Cardiff fans a chance to rub salt in the wound, Pearson didn't have a chance in hell of winning that game and so in my eyes they saw the injury situation, knew that game was a very likely loss and had pre-planned his removal without thinking about the fanbase at all.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how many of those with some of the strongest opinions will manage to get tickets.

Don’t know if I have the “strongest opinion” but I’ve got one & certainly intend asking a question (like last year), thanks.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think it'll matter what anyone asks, they'll have their key points they want to make, their pre-planned PR in place and you could ask them what the colour the sky is and they'll find a way to lead it into that pre-planned stuff. There is no way they'll address anything that they don't want to. 

Agree 100%.

Which is why, even though I attended the last one and live, literally, just round the corner, I won't be bothering with this charade. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t know if I have the “strongest opinion” but I’ve got one & certainly intend asking a question (like last year), thanks.

Good luck getting an answer!

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agree 100%.

Which is why, even though I attended the last one and live, literally, just round the corner, I won't be bothering with this charade. 

Good luck getting an answer!

At no point did I say I would get one..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity said:

I'm getting a sold out message when i try to get tickets.

Cant believe its full already.

It has.

I logged on at ten past 10 & it said there were 54 tickets left.

Have to say I didn’t understand why you could buy two tickets each for such a small venue, but there you go.

57 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think it'll matter what anyone asks, they'll have their key points they want to make, their pre-planned PR in place and you could ask them what the colour the sky is and they'll find a way to lead it into that pre-planned stuff. There is no way they'll address anything that they don't want to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone mentions Nigel Pearson and they'll go with the whole "we have a strong squad who we feel should be doing better, we appreciate Nigel and all the hard work he's done to create that squad and now we're looking to push forward with a strong, dynamic coach.... "yadda yadda. I mean this is why they're calling for this now, because they're in full PR drive so they'll have been talking to experts into how to divert discussions into the route they want etc

The only question I can think that I'd really liked answered is "why sack Pearson after a derby game when more than a starting line up worth of players were unavailable and yet the following game we had a large number of players returning?", for me it gave Cardiff fans a chance to rub salt in the wound, Pearson didn't have a chance in hell of winning that game and so in my eyes they saw the injury situation, knew that game was a very likely loss and had pre-planned his removal without thinking about the fanbase at all.

No one in the room will attempt to really put them into a corner, that's one thing you can be sure of.

I hope this is streamed live again could be superb viewing and listening. 

I also hoped some of the key questions and issues we’ve posed here are asked and answered with some honesty. 

It’s a risky move to do this, but if it’s done in the right way it could regain some credibility for the Lansdowns. 

That said if we lose heavily to Boro on the Saturday it might be a little tough! 

• Like 2