IGNORED

Nige

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yes. 

There is no such standard contract for managers.

As you said in your other post.

Unless negotiated otherwise.

There is……like I said it goes all the way down to 9 year old Academy lads. I think we all know what the craic is here. He’s been cancelled by Bristol Sport inc, everybody knows it.

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Events this year have shown to me that we are run by classless owners who don't miss an opportunity to disappoint whenever they're presented with a chance to show maturity and professionalism (and god forbid a chance to earn some resepct back from fans). Would it be too much for them to show a small level of appreciation and acknowledge Pearson's time here? Especially at this time of year. No, not surprised at all by the way they continue to behave. 

This thread shows that people aren’t being irrational and unnecessarily angry as a few would want to believe. You have to pity people who behave that way.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There is……like I said it goes all the way down to 9 year old Academy lads. I think we all know what the craic is here. He’s been cancelled by Bristol Sport inc, everybody knows it.

Yes for players there is a standard contract set by the EFL which we then vary by an addendum. Both the EFL standard and our variation include clauses relating to image rights, and most of the first team will have a separate image rights agreement as well. If we insist that players from academy to first team take a standard set of variations there then ok.

But there is no standard EFL mandated manager contract and so Pearson will have had the opportunity to negotiate his own terms.

If you've seen his contract and settlement terms and you're telling me he accepted the same terms as a 9 year old in the academy then fine.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yes for players there is a standard contract set by the EFL which we then vary by an addendum. Both the EFL standard and our variation include clauses relating to image rights, and most of the first team will have a separate image rights agreement as well. If we insist that players from academy to first team take a standard set of variations there then ok.

But there is no standard EFL mandated manager contract and so Pearson will have had the opportunity to negotiate his own terms.

If you've seen his contract and settlement terms and you're telling me he accepted the same terms as a 9 year old in the academy then fine.

Let’s put it this way then, if Pearson denied the club the use of his image it’s childish on his part otherwise it’s Cancel Culture at its finest. I know where my money is. Do you think that the club couldn’t now use a team photo from the start of the season because Pearson is in it?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let’s put it this way then, if Pearson denied the club the use of his image it’s childish on his part otherwise it’s Cancel Culture at its finest.

Agreed. It does look odd and yes it's either the result of childish negotiation/petulance or what you term "cancel culture." My original post was intended to point out that there is an alternative reason for his omission.

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Do you think that the club couldn’t now use a team photo from the start of the season because Pearson is in it?

I think that would depend on the terms of any settlement or image rights agreement, the context of the use of that photo, and the attitude of the club and of our ex-manager.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

It's a completely unforced error. After 10 points out of 12, no one was looking to go over this old ground again. They have brought it on themselves and revealed a totally unnecessary pettiness, vindictiveness, and lack of class. They are going out of their way to show themselves in a bad light when there is absolutely no need to. 

Oh well, let us be grateful for small mercies. Stalin used to airbrush out of photos those colleagues whom he had had murdered. At least the regime has not sunk that far......................................

• Like 3

As other have said this has happened before so is not a new phenomenon.

If we look at the clubs reasoning it’s fairly clear that as before with SC and LJ that the the club want to show where we are now and are looking to the future not where we were under our previous manager where there was no future.

• Facepalm 4

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If we look at the clubs reasoning it’s fairly clear that as before with SC and LJ that the the club want to show where we are now and are looking to the future not where we were under our previous manager where there was no future.

If that's the case it might be better for all, particularly themselves, that the club doesn't do a 12 month "review" and expose their negative personality traits then...........

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

24 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

It's a completely unforced error. After 10 points out of 12, no one was looking to go over this old ground again. They have brought it on themselves and revealed a totally unnecessary pettiness, vindictiveness, and lack of class. They are going out of their way to show themselves in a bad light when there is absolutely no need to. 

Oh well, let us be grateful for small mercies. Stalin used to airbrush out of photos those colleagues whom he had had murdered. At least the regime has not sunk that far......................................

The positive is that there will be no negativity towards the people who count tomorrow (unless we are 4-0 down after half an hour obviously but that would be the same if we had Pep in charge!!) and moving forwards. If anything all the situation does is confirm in many people's minds that their view of where responsibility for any issues at the club lies is correct.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If that's the case it might be better for all, particularly themselves, that the club doesn't do a 12 month "review" and expose their negative personality traits then...........

I’m not defending the club, I’m simply trying to look at it from their perspective. Whether it’s right or wrong is a moot point.

Audi alteram partem

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Um It's a 2023 review.... the whole point of the reel is past tence.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! Yet manning is in there! Nigel managed this club for 10 months in 2023 for god sake. For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

Agreed, complete disrespect by the Board (joke) and the Lansdowns. Talk about working on a shoestring.
Be glad when they are gone.
What NP has done for this club deserves some form of appreciation/respect from the owners. You get nothing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boston Red said:

Then why keep going  over it again and again. Who really cares in fact one person I highly doubt gives a stuff whether his photo is included or not and that's Nigel Pearson he's probably moved on like some on this forum should.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 3

4 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Then why keep going  over it again and again. Who really cares in fact one person I highly doubt gives a stuff whether his photo is included or not and that's Nigel Pearson he's probably moved on like some on this forum should.

Seriously have you not read the reasoned posts on this thread ?

Why have a review at all if you elect to airbrush it so blatantly.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

Your about as much out of touch as our deluded leader are

Either that or your just thick

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

If missing the point was an Olympic event, you’d have more gold medals than Usain Bolt. 

In over six decades of following this club, I have only once seen a consensus and a strength of feeling to surpass what’s happened in recent weeks, and that was when BCFC almost ceased to exist in the early eighties. If you don’t understand the reaction, you must be tone deaf and have seriously misread the situation.

I respectfully suggest you take another, carefully considered look and think it through again.

• Like 2
  • Flames 6

7 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Apologies for another nige post but I noticed the Instagram post from the club recapping 2023 didn't include one photo of nigel in it! Yet manning is in there! Nigel managed this club for 10 months in 2023 for god sake. For me that's really distasteful! I am fully behind manning and like most I can see the improvements made on the pitch but pearson had given manning a very good platform in which to build from. He handed over a very committed close knit group of players and put some really strong foundations in place when quite frankly the club was on its knees, it was a total mess after the johnson and ashton era he is right when he said in his interviews " people won't recognise what we have done until I'm gone " it's a shame the club doesn't seem to respect or acknowledge the hard work he put into turning this club around from the bottom up with out pearson mannings prospects here would look totally different. Anyway happy new year all ! 

Perhaps they’ve posted them on the former players and managers sub forum.

7 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

You move on in all walks of life but sadly this club lacks class

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agreed. It does look odd and yes it's either the result of childish negotiation/petulance or what you term "cancel culture." My original post was intended to point out that there is an alternative reason for his omission.

I think that would depend on the terms of any settlement or image rights agreement, the context of the use of that photo, and the attitude of the club and of our ex-manager.

Absolute twaddle. For starters, there is no statutory image right under UK law. None of the various methods used to try and enforce image rights (trade marks, copyright, passing off or performers rights) would prevent the club from posting online a photo in which they owned the copyright.